Welcome to Gaia! ::

This forum has received much more attention than when the topic was started, so I'm going to bump this topic for further discussion.
Both me and my dad are happy about the pre existing condition part since we both have that but he also owns a small business and is worried about the sky high taxes.
Because they're conservatives....

Conservatives =/= Liberals...

Proxy Codger

Oh no, a conservative.

We don't like it because we don't want to make anyone do anything. The government shouldn't be able to tell people how to spend their money, even if the government have the best of intentions.

Power to the people, yo.
BubbleE1
Because they're conservatives....

Conservatives =/= Liberals...

Wow, that's an excellent way to put it. Explains so much.

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Neurocracy
Azur-emi
Why are liberals...
...thinking that hard workers don't deserve all of their money?

I don't understand it either. Those filthy construction workers have no idea how hard it is to sit at a desk filing nails all day. Gives me carpal tunnel and whatnot. No way I'm going to share with their lazy asses.

I LOVE YOU.

Fluffy Bunny

Neurocracy
Azur-emi
Why are liberals...

I don't understand it either. Those filthy construction workers have no idea how hard it is to sit at a desk filing nails all day. Gives me carpal tunnel and whatnot. No way I'm going to share with their lazy asses.

are you a secretary or do you do people's nails?

Fluffy Bunny

Interrobang2rd
[=Zelda=]
Interrobang2rd
... kids not being denied because of a p/e condition?

... not being dropped for getting sick?

... tax credits for small businesses?

... an exchange?

No, seriously? Will somebody please explain this to me?

I believe conservatives are afraid of the country spending itself into oblivion. The country is already deeply in debt, and we don't have the trillions of dollars necessary for this bill.

... but the CBO says it will reduce the deficit by over 1.2 trillion dollars over the next twenty years. Just because something costs money doesn't mean it creates debt, if what existed previously costed more. Conservatives and liberals hail the CBO for being nonpartisan and correct, so...

That's not the only thing they're upset about. Conservatives in general are usually wealthy if not at least upper middle class. The wealthier conservatives most likely have trust funds and they probaly have money somewhere in the bank that they didn't earn. A part of the new bill says that previously unearned money which is at the moment tax-exempt will no longer be. It will in fact have a tax of 3.89%(i think) annually. And when you have a lot of money, that could be quite a lot of money.

7,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Quote:
That's not the only thing they're upset about. Conservatives in general are usually wealthy if not at least upper middle class. The wealthier conservatives most likely have trust funds and they probaly have money somewhere in the bank that they didn't earn. A part of the new bill says that previously unearned money which is at the moment tax-exempt will no longer be. It will in fact have a tax of 3.89%(i think) annually. And when you have a lot of money, that could be quite a lot of money.

You're absolutely right. Let me get my bronze Mexican a** on the floor and grovel in praise of the government for it's wisdom in taxing the living s**t out of everyone who's ever had the foresight to invest. I feel like such an irresponsible person to my fellow countrymen for investing for my future children's college fund.

Conservatives are opposed to the idea of big government, period. The more privatization, the better, the more competition, the lower the rates, it's a logical sequence of events. It's not their fault the liberalists are too caught up in their carebear hugs to realize that the amount of debt this nation will fall into is going to be paid on the backs of our grandchildren.

You're posted a reduction of debt statistic, well I can post a tripling of the current debt statistic. The fact of the matter is every nation who is currently under a government run healthcare system is suffering for it.

But like everything else, we Americans need to be slapped in the face with the blunt end of the s**t stick to realize it.

Strangely enough, I am not a conservative; I'm actually a very solid moderate. But in this Healthcare issue, I see the logic in the Republicans, and the emotional whip the Democrats are beating themselves with in order to make it look like a good idea.

The fact of the matter is the system is not designed to operate at max capacity, and when we all go broke for paying taxes out the ying yang or going to jail for evasion and thus still not paying taxes, no one will get to go to the doctor.

5,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Azur-emi
Interrobang2rd

... an exchange?

Of course everyone wants it, but many against it are that way because they're thinking ahead, and not just saying things that sounds good.

For example, you might say, "People shouldn;t be denied because of a p/e condition"
However, if you thought about the consequences, you would know that if a law like that passed, then healthcare costs would go up because now the insurance companies have to cover more people. They're not going to take a loss in their profit gains, so they'll just raise prices to cover the difference.
The way that you worded things really don't make sense and can be used against you. For example,
Why are liberals...
...wanting people who do nothing, never went to school, aren't looking for a job, etc. receive money from those to do well?

Sorry, I'm really not the one for debating, but I hope you get my point haha

Just one question though, is it not the harder working folk who get paid less? The employees who are lower on the corporate ladder actually have to do more of the dirty work, whereas the more prestigious your job is, the less you're doing in comparison. Arguably, accountants don't do nearly as much work as a carpenter. As a more 'subtle' example, Government workers can be paid ridiculous sums for doing minimal work. A cousin of mine works for the government and is only required to do roughly 2 hours of filing a day, but her hours aren't over then. The rest of the time she sits and waits for the phone to ring. Yet she had to pay through the a** to get an education that really didn't need to be used.

Aged Gaian

6,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
Interrobang2rd
Bigt275316
Conservatives believe in only money.

If you don't have it sucks to be you

If you can't make it sucks to be you.

I completely agree.

Then why did you make a thread about it?
We are being taxed too much...

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Interrobang2rd

... an exchange?

Never heard of conservatives being scared of those things.
And I thought I was as conservative as they come.
Quote:
The fact of the matter is every nation who is currently under a government run healthcare system is suffering for it.

We'd be worse off, if we were in your position right now.
The only reason we're suffering is thanks to stupid bankers Gambling with our money.
stormylane
Interrobang2rd

... an exchange?

Never heard of conservatives being scared of those things.
And I thought I was as conservative as they come.

By being frightened and afraid of the health reform, they are implying that they are afraid of these things. If they aren't, then they don't actually know about the bill, or simply don't care.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff