Welcome to Gaia! ::

1,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
^I think she mixed something up when removing excessive text from the quote.
Shinapon
^I think she mixed something up when removing excessive text from the quote.

It was quoted to me earlier in the thread, too...

Kawaii Kitten

Neurocracy
Azur-emi
Why are liberals...
...thinking that hard workers don't deserve all of their money?

I don't understand it either. Those filthy construction workers have no idea how hard it is to sit at a desk filing nails all day. Gives me carpal tunnel and whatnot. No way I'm going to share with their lazy asses.

The people I wish I didn't have to share with are those who:
Have no job, no security and keep popping out kids. (Hey people, contraceptives are cheap and keeping it in your pants is free!)
Are disabled by their morbid obesity, which then causes dozens of other expensive health problems.
Have totally preventable health problems they now want taken care of for free.... and are unwilling and not even interested in trying to stop drinking/smoking/drugs or whatever caused the problems in the 1st place.

Of course I feel bad for those who have a child and then lose jobs, or people who have an unpreventable health problem... but I am just so unsympathetic for people who are on welfare with 5 kids and pregnant with another, or get major health problems after a lifetime of spending their welfare checks on cigs and booze.

And yes, I know these examples personally. I didn't grow up in like Beverly Hills or anything.
harpsdesire
Neurocracy
Azur-emi
Why are liberals...
...thinking that hard workers don't deserve all of their money?

I don't understand it either. Those filthy construction workers have no idea how hard it is to sit at a desk filing nails all day. Gives me carpal tunnel and whatnot. No way I'm going to share with their lazy asses.

The people I wish I didn't have to share with are those who:
Have no job, no security and keep popping out kids. (Hey people, contraceptives are cheap and keeping it in your pants is free!)
Are disabled by their morbid obesity, which then causes dozens of other expensive health problems.
Have totally preventable health problems they now want taken care of for free.... and are unwilling and not even interested in trying to stop drinking/smoking/drugs or whatever caused the problems in the 1st place.

Of course I feel bad for those who have a child and then lose jobs, or people who have an unpreventable health problem... but I am just so unsympathetic for people who are on welfare with 5 kids and pregnant with another, or get major health problems after a lifetime of spending their welfare checks on cigs and booze.

And yes, I know these examples personally. I didn't grow up in like Beverly Hills or anything.

The biggest welfare queens of all work on Wall Street and have houses in Malibu and Beverly Hills.

Kawaii Kitten

I don't see how that is relevant?
harpsdesire

Yes, we are getting off-topic.
harpsdesire

It's relevant in that you like to swallow lies. Do you, for example, know that there is more or less no welfare in the U.S.? There was a reform enacted a while back, you might not have heard of it, by the great conservative president Bill Clinton, that more or less forces anyone on "welfare" to work for wages below the minimum wage. "Workfare" this institutionalised slavery is called, very popular with your kind of crowd.
Junnapon
harpsdesire

It's relevant in that you like to swallow lies. Do you, for example, know that there is more or less no welfare in the U.S.? There was a reform enacted a while back, you might not have heard of it, by the great conservative president Bill Clinton, that more or less forces anyone on "welfare" to work for wages below the minimum wage. "Workfare" this institutionalised slavery is called, very popular with your kind of crowd.

That's all fine and dandy, but welfare is a separate issue. Let's get back to healthcare.

10,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50
Interrobang2rd
... kids not being denied because of a p/e condition?

... not being dropped for getting sick?

... tax credits for small businesses?

... an exchange?

No, seriously? Will somebody please explain this to me?

I believe conservatives are afraid of the country spending itself into oblivion. The country is already deeply in debt, and we don't have the trillions of dollars necessary for this bill.
[=Zelda=]
Interrobang2rd

... an exchange?

I believe conservatives are afraid of the country spending itself into oblivion. The country is already deeply in debt, and we don't have the trillions of dollars necessary for this bill.

... but the CBO says it will reduce the deficit by over 1.2 trillion dollars over the next twenty years. Just because something costs money doesn't mean it creates debt, if what existed previously costed more. Conservatives and liberals hail the CBO for being nonpartisan and correct, so...
Interrobang2rd
Azur-emi
Interrobang2rd

... an exchange?

Of course everyone wants it, but many against it are that way because they're thinking ahead, and not just saying things that sounds good.

For example, you might say, "People shouldn;t be denied because of a p/e condition"
However, if you thought about the consequences, you would know that if a law like that passed, then healthcare costs would go up because now the insurance companies have to cover more people. They're not going to take a loss in their profit gains, so they'll just raise prices to cover the difference.
The way that you worded things really don't make sense and can be used against you.

Are you kidding me? The insurance companies have been making their largest profits ever. They continue to raise their prices simply because they can. Covering pree-existing conditions won't make them suddenly run in the red.

the insurane companies are making so much money of the american people but we aren't getting the same coverage in return. this bill will help regulate the insurance companies so that they cant swindle the american people like they used to.
Madame Royale Nefertiti
Interrobang2rd
Azur-emi
Interrobang2rd

... an exchange?

Of course everyone wants it, but many against it are that way because they're thinking ahead, and not just saying things that sounds good.

For example, you might say, "People shouldn;t be denied because of a p/e condition"
However, if you thought about the consequences, you would know that if a law like that passed, then healthcare costs would go up because now the insurance companies have to cover more people. They're not going to take a loss in their profit gains, so they'll just raise prices to cover the difference.
The way that you worded things really don't make sense and can be used against you.

Are you kidding me? The insurance companies have been making their largest profits ever. They continue to raise their prices simply because they can. Covering pree-existing conditions won't make them suddenly run in the red.

the insurane companies are making so much money of the american people but we aren't getting the same coverage in return. this bill will help regulate the insurance companies so that they cant swindle the american people like they used to.

This is what many fail to understand, unfortunately...
Why do people...

...think that they know so much more than everyone else?

...insult people based solely on their political leanings?

...think that people's opinions on the healthcare reform is based solely on whether they're liberal or conservative?

neutral
Denirae

...think that people's opinions on the healthcare reform is based solely on whether they're liberal or conservative?

neutral

It shouldn't be this way, but it is. Our two-party system has spread to most of the people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff