Can we afford this?

No. 0.4 40.0% [ 16 ]
Yes. 0.325 32.5% [ 13 ]
The government can. 0.125 12.5% [ 5 ]
I'm not sure. 0.1 10.0% [ 4 ]
This does not apply to me. 0.05 5.0% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 40 ]
< 1 2 3

Just to be honest, I refuse to pay health care to others who don't even work or are on welfare. Typically, on welfare, I've seen people use it for expensive things they do not even need. (i.e. Expensive cars) Those on welfare should use it for the basic things they need to survive in life: food, clothing, and shelter. I don't want to support anyone that is an illegal alien as well. It's just isn't right for people who work their asses off just to support their household and families, while those who sit around and hardly get any taxes.

This is just my opinion, so don't flame me for what I believe in. Everyone has different views on the same subject, so don't go and say it's not right and blah blah blah. Thank you.~

7,050 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
S t a r l i i n e
Just to be honest, I refuse to pay health care to others who don't even work or are on welfare. Typically, on welfare, I've seen people use it for expensive things they do not even need. (i.e. Expensive cars) Those on welfare should use it for the basic things they need to survive in life: food, clothing, and shelter. I don't want to support anyone that is an illegal alien as well. It's just isn't right for people who work their asses off just to support their household and families, while those who sit around and hardly get any taxes.

This is just my opinion, so don't flame me for what I believe in. Everyone has different views on the same subject, so don't go and say it's not right and blah blah blah. Thank you.~

Just to be honest, you're going to have to pay one way or another and you're already doing so now.

I won't touch your opinion with a ten foot poll though.

Dapper Exhibitionist

13,000 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
All I think about when I consider this bill is the fact that I will now be paying to keep my suicidal, alcoholic, chain-smoking grandfather alive. He's been told on various occasions that the cigarettes are bad, but he really is addicted to those. For a good 20-something years he's been sober, but just recently started drinking again for some unknown reason. He doesn't want to live, but damned if he doesn't go to the hospital every month because he's having heart problems due to lack of oxygen in his bloodstream from smoking and drinking all the time.

This kind of crap makes me physically ill. I don't mind helping people who WANT to get better, or who have a mental/physiological disorder that prevents them from doing so. But I absolutely, positively hate helping people who don't even want to help themselves. There should be some measure of limitations for WHO can be covered by this health care. People who refuse rehab/drug recovery/etc... well, I guess it sucks to be them, but in most cases they've done it to themselves.
/rant

Wheezing Gekko

S t a r l i i n e
Just to be honest, I refuse to pay health care to others who don't even work or are on welfare.

I know a single mother who gets welfare and has a job. She works harder than you presumably do and actually has to support a family. Your sanctimonious crap only infuriates me.

Quote:
I don't want to support anyone that is an illegal alien as well.

Then don't buy a new home or hire a maid. But more seriously, this bill prohibits illegal immigrants from getting coverage.

Quote:
It's just isn't right for people who work their asses off just to support their household and families, while those who sit around and hardly get any taxes.

Well besides the fact that you can't tax income which isn't there...
I have personally known rich families where the grown adult children sit around and do nothing at their family businesses while the rest of us busted our Goddamn asses off soldering together electronics for meager pay. Laziness is not an inherent property of the poor, nor highfalutin' work ethic a precondition for being rich.
First off, stop bringing up the national debt. The US has ALWAYS been in debt. It's just within the past decade do people really talk about it because of the Middle East BS. We're never going to break even. It's impossible. There's not that much money in the world to get rid of that indefinitely. Now, in my opinion, I think that the US can actually afford this. The tax isn't huge. It could be a LOT worse, really. Also, if you have private insurance, the reform doesn't effect you AS much. You still pay some taxes, but you have no problem with things like penalties. I think people are just being too greedy with their money. "He who saves one saves the world entire".

5,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
crystal_pepzi
?
It's a human right to get medical care.

I'm sorry, but this is one of the most mindblowingly false statements I've ever seen.

There is a time and a place for charity. I'm not against altruism or helping those in need, but medication is not a charity. Emergency treatment for accidents is one thing, but people need to be accountable for themselves. As addictive as smoking is, the smoker had to make a concious decision to smoke the first cigarette. I've had people offer me cigarettes before. It's incredibly easy to say "no thank you."
People make decisions that are bad for their health, and they must be accountable for their decisions. It is not their right to have others pay for their poor decisions.

Also, this is not my soul reason for opposing this bill.

Wheezing Gekko

Toyomo16
I'm sorry, but this is one of the most mindblowingly false statements I've ever seen.

There is a time and a place for charity. I'm not against altruism or helping those in need, but medication is not a charity. Emergency treatment for accidents is one thing, but people need to be accountable for themselves. As addictive as smoking is, the smoker had to make a concious decision to smoke the first cigarette. I've had people offer me cigarettes before. It's incredibly easy to say "no thank you."
People make decisions that are bad for their health, and they must be accountable for their decisions. It is not their right to have others pay for their poor decisions.

Emergency treatment for accidents? What about ongoing, lifelong treatments for congenital defects? No choice involved in that, either.
You know, smoking is only ONE pre-existing condition. I myself have a congenital disease called glaucoma. About a week ago, I had the displeasure of having a buddy of mine, who is a insurance advisor, tell me I'm Fracked because of my condition. No insurance company would take me.
Now, in this country of Fat Fraks, what will happen will we all have diabetes? Because that is a pre-exist too.
I would rather pay for someones healthcare then pay for the healthcare system to make obscene amounts of money. Dollar/care comparison, we have some of the worst healthcare in the world. Our medical care is verrrrrry expensive, and that is because of our broken system, enacted by Richard Nixon no less.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff