Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Generous 100
Are we getting healthcare taken away?
Are we getting it cheaper now? Free maybe?
I just...i don't understand whats going on...

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Generous 100
Ok seriously, what is it?
I know people are scrolling over this and thinking i'm a troll or something but i honestly don't understand whats going on with this thing...
i dont get it iva!
Do some research or watch the news. Also, all bills that are up for consideration are available for public viewing by law. So you could even just read the bill itself (whichever iteration of the bill you would like, too).

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Generous 100
Fiat Lux Aeterna
Do some research or watch the news. Also, all bills that are up for consideration are available for public viewing by law. So you could even just read the bill itself (whichever iteration of the bill you would like, too).

Yes but i'd like the main point really...
From what i have seen all i understand is this: it's costing the everyday citizen money.

Now what i'd like to know is where this money going and do i have healthcare now?
Btw i don't have a job or anything, thats why i'm asking x3
Spend 30 seconds on google, you twit.

Despite what all the douchebag conservatives who support big business would have you believe, it's not some government takeover, and it's not an unwarranted expense, either.

-It gives over 30 million uninsured Americans insurance.
-It regulates insurance companies, preventing them from dropping you when you get sick and actually need the insurance.
-It stops insurance companies from arbitrarily raising your rates
-It puts a stop to making women's insurance rates higher than men's insurance rates.
-It lets you keep your current insurance
-It provides billions of dollars of subsidies for those who can't currently afford ridiculously expensive insurance premiums.
-It creates a marketplace where companies have to compete for your dollar
-It changes the age young adults can stay on their parents' insurance plans from 18 to 26, so that those who have trouble finding a job in this impossible economy won't spend the rest of their lives in debt if they get sick.
-It gives small businesses who provide insurance a tax credit of up to 35% of insurance premiums and in 2014 that number increases to 50% of premiums. They are penalized if they don't provide you health insurance. This way, you get health insurance, contribute to the economy by having a job, and give the company tax benefits to help you keep your job.
-It provides billions of dollars for health clinics, which provide care without insurance, with payment on a sliding scale based on a percentage of your income. Many pay $3 a visit.

There's also the student loan reform included in the reconciliation package:

-It caps your loans at 10% of your income monthly
-It completely forgives your debt after 20 years, 10 if you're in public service like nursing, as long as you've kept up with your payments
-It increases the number of Pell Grants, the most common government grant, and the amount of money in each one
-It takes out the middle man in the loan scheme, making federal loans directly from you to the government, so those profiteering private banks can't destroy your credit and finances with obscene interest rates.

and so on.

Research before you assume it's a bad bill. That's something a vast number of citizens refuse to do. IF this country is so great, and IF it is such a privilege to be a citizen, then EVERY citizen should fulfill their civic responsibilities, their OBLIGATION to be EDUCATED.

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Generous 100
Phantom Masque
Spend 30 seconds on google, you twit.

Despite what all the douchebag conservatives who support big business would have you believe, it's not some government takeover, and it's not an unwarranted expense, either.

-It gives over 30 million uninsured Americans insurance.
-It regulates insurance companies, preventing them from dropping you when you get sick and actually need the insurance.
-It stops insurance companies from arbitrarily raising your rates
-It puts a stop to making women's insurance rates higher than men's insurance rates.
-It lets you keep your current insurance
-It provides billions of dollars of subsidies for those who can't currently afford ridiculously expensive insurance premiums.
-It creates a marketplace where companies have to compete for your dollar
-It changes the age young adults can stay on their parents' insurance plans from 18 to 26, so that those who have trouble finding a job in this impossible economy won't spend the rest of their lives in debt if they get sick.
-It gives small businesses who provide insurance a tax credit of up to 35% of insurance premiums and in 2014 that number increases to 50% of premiums. They are penalized if they don't provide you health insurance. This way, you get health insurance, contribute to the economy by having a job, and give the company tax benefits to help you keep your job.
-It provides billions of dollars for health clinics, which provide care without insurance, with payment on a sliding scale based on a percentage of your income. Many pay $3 a visit.

There's also the student loan reform included in the reconciliation package:

-It caps your loans at 10% of your income monthly
-It completely forgives your debt after 20 years, 10 if you're in public service like nursing, as long as you've kept up with your payments
-It increases the number of Pell Grants, the most common government grant, and the amount of money in each one
-It takes out the middle man in the loan scheme, making federal loans directly from you to the government, so those profiteering private banks can't destroy your credit and finances with obscene interest rates.

and so on.

Research before you assume it's a bad bill. That's something a vast number of citizens refuse to do. IF this country is so great, and IF it is such a privilege to be a citizen, then EVERY citizen should fulfill their civic responsibilities, their OBLIGATION to be EDUCATED.

DUDE SERIOUSLY CHILL THE ******** OUT!
I never once said this was a bad or good thing!

I simply wanted to know what the hell was going on and for your information Google itself is flooded with false information these days so i don't trust it anymore.

Maybe you should be the one to actually read my first damn post and then you'd see i didn't say anything about this at all like you just accused me of!

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Generous 100
zoia thats spamming and it's reportable...
TrueMisfit

I simply wanted to know what the hell was going on and for your information Google itself is flooded with false information these days so i don't trust it anymore.

Maybe you should be the one to actually read my first damn post and then you'd see i didn't say anything about this at all like you just accused me of!

I did read your post, dumbass. One of your further posts simply noted you hear that it's going to cost the ordinary citizen money (which is ALL you had heard), and that's the typical garbage I get from those who are against the bill. I'm saying that you share one thing with the assholes who are ruining this country by trying to derail reform: you both have no idea what you're talking about, and haven't bothered to research it for yourselves. Conservative idiots get their "facts" from Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck, and you get them from Gaia. How sad.

Oh, and LET ME GOOGLE IT FOR YOU. Oh s**t, what was that? Oh, yeah! It was the first ******** result, directly from the WHITE HOUSE, and the man who MADE THE BILL.

How long did that take me, you might ask? Just about 5 seconds, including pressing CTRL+TAB and typing in "obama health care". Congrats, you fail at the internet.

Also, suck my balls. pirate

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Generous 100
Phantom Masque
TrueMisfit

I did read your post, dumbass. One of your further posts simply noted you hear that it's going to cost the ordinary citizen money (which is ALL you had heard), and that's the typical garbage I get from those who are against the bill. I'm saying that you share one thing with the assholes who are ruining this country by trying to derail reform: you both have no idea what you're talking about, and haven't bothered to research it for yourselves. Conservative idiots get their "facts" from Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck, and you get them from Gaia. How sad.

Oh, and LET ME GOOGLE IT FOR YOU. Oh s**t, what was that? Oh, yeah! It was the first ******** result, directly from the WHITE HOUSE, and the man who MADE THE BILL.

How long did that take me, you might ask? Just about 5 seconds, including pressing CTRL+TAB and typing in "obama health care". Congrats, you fail at the internet.

Boy your just full of fail and rudeness.
You take one little thing i say and get so pissy over like a troll, which is what you are.
Seriously it's people like you who take everything the wrong way that has made the internet the bad place it is now.
TrueMisfit
Phantom Masque
TrueMisfit

Boy your just full of fail and rudeness.
You take one little thing i say and get so pissy over like a troll, which is what you are.
Seriously it's people like you who take everything the wrong way that has made the internet the bad place it is now.

Oh, please do forgive me for polluting this pure sphere of intellectual intrigue with FACT. rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Why am I so pissed, sarcastic, and rude? Because I've lost all patience for those who are trying to run and haven't even learned how to walk yet. You're trying to ******** and you don't even know how to piss out your rod yet. You're trying to drive a motorcycle and you can't even take the training wheels off your Huffy.

Be educated, informed, and intelligent, and I might actually be nice to you. But don't expect me to be patient with your stupidity and coddle you because you can't be bothered to access what's only been the BIGGEST WEALTH OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO HUMANITY in our entire history. It literally takes 30 seconds. Seriously, if you can't start with at least that, you're ******** hopeless. rofl
Also, if I'm a troll, then why did I answer your question completely and logically? I'm not trying to incite an argument, I'm just pissed at you for being so ridiculously ignorant when there's no excuse for it. GO LEARN ABOUT IT.

...instead of asking on Gaia of all places. rolleyes

I go on Gaia to amuse myself with idiots like you.

9,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Brandisher 100
*Claps for Masque*

Sorry, dude. But you could have looked it up. It probably took you twice as long to post a thread here asking to be spoon-fed as it would have taken to do a search and start reading for yourself. Yeah, the media is biased and fail. But you can easily find the real bill, and some summaries on government pages. Not only that, but whitehouse.gov has a page called something like "Putting Americans In Control of Their Healthcare." The subtitle? "What will health reform mean to you?"

I found it in my first attempt at a search. So.... not rocket science, sorry. White House information

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff