Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sorry about the caps in the title. Got your attention didn't it?

ANYWAY....

The biggest problem with this new healthcare bill isn't the bill itself.

It's the media that presents it.

Our american media doesn't report simple information, it reports the pundit's opinion. The media brainwashes people by shouting at them their point of view til someone believes it.

The worst people who do this are obvious, Fox News. They're the dangerous ones.
But the liberals do the same thing, with MSNBC. They're the sneaky ones.
While CNN doesn't have a bias towards either. CNN just opted for stupid.

No one knows what's in the bill, while everyone thinks they know what's in the bill. Thanks to people reporting political views instead of reporting simple information.

If anything needs reform, it's our media, not our health insurance

Sparkly Lunatic

Yes, that's exactly whats going on, and why the people from outside america are all going "Wait a minute...this bill does things that the rest of the world did in the 40's or earlier..."
THANK YOU.
Yeah, i barely argue about the bill anyway. Why?

1: Because i'd be reading til i'm 98 years old

2: If i found an abridged version, it would probably A- leave out good stuff B- leave out bad stuff or C- not have enough information

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
The media is always terrible, sensationalism sells in press. It's just about having skepticism, and frankly I'm thankful all those opinions are out there, due to how critical they are of one another. Though some more horrid news stations (fox) are just humorous.
Naiax Sumooka

No, for all the problems with the media, health insurance is a higher priority. Besides, trying to "reform" the media would violate the first amendment and its protection of the freedom of the press.
yep!!!
^^_^^
Trorbes
Naiax Sumooka

No, for all the problems with the media, health insurance is a higher priority. Besides, trying to "reform" the media would violate the first amendment and its protection of the freedom of the press.

I didn't mean the government needed to reform it

Real journalists need to

But no one steps up to the plate to do so

And if the government DOES need to do anything is to help the journalists that are trying to make it actually factual
Naiax Sumooka
The biggest problem with this new healthcare bill isn't the bill itself.

It's the media that presents it.

Our american media doesn't report simple information, it reports the pundit's opinion. The media brainwashes people by shouting at them their point of view til someone believes it.

The worst people who do this are obvious, Fox News. They're the dangerous ones.
But the liberals do the same thing, with MSNBC. They're the sneaky ones.
While CNN doesn't have a bias towards either. CNN just opted for stupid.

No one knows what's in the bill, while everyone thinks they know what's in the bill. Thanks to people reporting political views instead of reporting simple information.

yes stupid propaganda that tries to make everyone believe its true smile i didnt understand the whole healthcare stuff till we did research about it in my class. both sides have powerful arguments(but im for the bill myself) but nobody really seems to mention any of it! know whats going on in you own country people!
@kyoka

saw your thread, obviously you're on the side of rationality.

YOU GET HIGH FIVE FROM MASTER DOMO-KUN
God, why doesn't anyone argue on this freakin thread!?

Hesitant Otaku

9,200 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Invisibility 100
Naiax Sumooka

Well, I'm not sure if it was the non-sensationalist title, the coherent OP or the observant, although weighted, purpose?

I would like to know one thing, though, if you would be so good as to inform me: why is it that, when "neoliberal" is used to describe the kind of economic policy American firms seem to idealise, "liberal" seems to be a dirty word in American politics?
casual-timewaster
Naiax Sumooka

Well, I'm not sure if it was the non-sensationalist title, the coherent OP or the observant, although weighted, purpose?

I would like to know one thing, though, if you would be so good as to inform me: why is it that, when "neoliberal" is used to describe the kind of economic policy American firms seem to idealise, "liberal" seems to be a dirty word in American politics?

Because of the morons that use the name, for example, keith olberman.

Hesitant Otaku

9,200 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Invisibility 100
Naiax Sumooka
casual-timewaster
Naiax Sumooka

Because of the morons that use the name, for example, keith olberman.

o_0 So is this down to the tone of voice in delivery and/or contextually-inappropriate use, such as is used by a schoolchild trying to make an unweighted word into an insult for someone they dislike, or simply continuing to feed off the arse-end of McCarthyism, or an all-age-inclusive combination of the two?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff