Welcome to Gaia! ::

If I'm forced to have it

why can't Obama and Pelosi and all those other douches that passed this thing have it as well?

just sayin'
Color me confused, but I still don't know exactly what they're excluded from here. Care to explain?

Dangerous Lunatic

imaginaryBOMB
If I'm forced to have it

why can't Obama and Pelosi and all those other douches that passed this thing have it as well?

just sayin'

Because its a redistribution of wealth, but god forbid if they have to give up their millions of dollars to the citizens of the US.
I'll find the part in the bill where it says that the new health care system applies to everyone in the US...

except for the people on congress and the white house. C:

But it'll take some time for me to find exactly where it is.

It's a little lengthy. ~
RESOLUTION
Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that Members who vote in favor of the establishment of a public, federal government run health insurance option are urged to forgo their right to participate in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) and agree to enroll under that public option.

Resolved, That it is the sense of the House of Representatives that Members who vote in favor of the establishment of a public, federal government run health insurance option are urged to forgo their right to participate in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) and agree to enroll under that public option.

Under the current draft of the Democrat healthcare legislation, members of Congress are curiously exempt from the government-run health insurance option, keeping their existing health plans and services on Capitol Hill.
imaginaryBOMB
RESOLUTION
Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that Members who vote in favor of the establishment of a public, federal government run health insurance option are urged to forgo their right to participate in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) and agree to enroll under that public option.

Resolved, That it is the sense of the House of Representatives that Members who vote in favor of the establishment of a public, federal government run health insurance option are urged to forgo their right to participate in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) and agree to enroll under that public option.

Under the current draft of the Democrat healthcare legislation, members of Congress are curiously exempt from the government-run health insurance option, keeping their existing health plans and services on Capitol Hill.

Huh, that is a bit curious.

Wait, since when did we have a public option? I thought that was taken out last year.
Moreover, I thought that government officials like those had a special health care program, which is what the bill was urging they forgo in order to join the health care plan they voted for.
I know right? I'm curious about that as well.
Sadly I haven't done much research about the public option so I don't know all that much about it, I've only recently gotten involved in politics since I'm getting old and it seems like the right thing to do.

lol

But the real question is, public option or not, why on earth would they not sign up for this program if they worked so hard to get it through and CELEBRATED like it was the new millennium when it was passed?

If they aren't going to be able to use it what good is it to them?

*grumble*
imaginaryBOMB
Sadly I haven't done much research about the public option so I don't know all that much about it, I've only recently gotten involved in politics since I'm getting old and it seems like the right thing to do.

lol

But the real question is, public option or not, why on earth would they not sign up for this program if they worked so hard to get it through and CELEBRATED like it was the new millennium when it was passed?

*grumble*

I was under the impression that senators et al had a government run healthcare program
imaginaryBOMB

lol

*grumble*

Sounds to me more like that was an "If x happens, you'll have to do y" thing where x did not happen, i.e. a public option. So while I'm curious as to why only the House of Representatives would have to give up their current plans in exchange for a public option, it seems like it has absolutely no effect, at least currently.

EDIT: I will say, though, that this is probably not "Obama et al. are exempt from the reform," it's "The HoR must use a public option," which I would guess is because this is the HoR's version, and that it's more them showing that they're willing to use it than it is the rest of the government not being willing. Also, since private options still exist, it wouldn't be anyone being exempt anyway, since nobody AFAIK would be forced to use the public option (other than the HoR).
@idk my bff stza:: well if that is the case,
does that mean that they'll be paying the same taxes that we'll be paying?
imaginaryBOMB
@idk my bff stza:: well if that is the case,
does that mean that they'll be paying the same taxes that we'll be paying?

i would imagine.
It's a good thing we're not forced to have other insurance.

Like car insurance.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces