Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

GlennBeck25
Well I am for health care reform, just not a government controlled health care, reform.

The difference is, they're not forced to use the library.
Health care on the other hand...It's either buy it, or pay a fine, or go to jail...sounds forceful, right?

Also, we as people need to learn to be less government dependent and not have to go to the government for everything. Which is what it is coming too.

The banks, GM, health care, student loans.
They're even trying to ban certain foods now...trying to control what one eats. Like Nancy Pelosi said, "It's not just about Health Care, it's about health".
It's my business what I do with my life. Not theirs.

Oh and they're trying to own all water ways now, that is deep enough to float a boat in, and they own most of the left side of the United States.

The point is, they are becoming to power hungry, and it's not a good thing.

This is why I am personally against it. I can't say the same thing for everyone else who is against it.

Glenn Beck, ******** yeah! I approve of this post.

Thirteenth Star

Yes, hon, I am biased. Anyone who can take Glenn Beck as any kind of serious loses all merit in my mind. He is false. Fox News is trash, and I think the violence they are perpetuating is disgusting.

But I will tell you that you're much more polite and well versed than most Glenn Beck followers (not that I'm assuming you're a devout follower). I have no desire to be rude to you or tell you to gtfo (not that I would...it would just be a desire to do so).

I just don't really understand what the alternative would be...you're not for government controlled health reform...then what would be a good way to reform it? I just don't see any other way than if the government is involved somehow.

Demonic Shapeshifter

6,850 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
GlennBeck25
demonjack00
GlennBeck25
Well I am for health care reform, just not a government controlled health care, reform.

Health care on the other hand...It's either buy it, or pay a fine, or go to jail...sounds forceful, right?

whether you use the library or not, you're still paying for it. or at least that's how it works up here.
Didn't say that I didn't.
Libraries can be used, when I want to use them. They're there when I want to use them, or when I need them. They're not forced upon us. I mean it's not like some life alternating government controlled, forced on people plan.

no one said you have to go to the doctor or the hospital either. i don't see your point.

11,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
Dr Parody
All is which run by state. Not fed gov.

Which is a distinction that is long overdue for a splow painfull dealth. States are a outmoded set of artificial boundrys from a time when people thought they would be.. well states. (States are countrys, what we have now are PROVINCES)

The idea that states should have any power or authority indipendant of the federal goverment is frankly absurd. They serve no greater purpose then what countys, districts and citys do, as in divide the land up into manageable chunks for law enforcement and other social services to manage.

11,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
demonjack00
GlennBeck25
demonjack00
GlennBeck25

whether you use the library or not, you're still paying for it. or at least that's how it works up here.
Libraries can be used, when I want to use them. They're there when I want to use them, or when I need them. They're not forced upon us. I mean it's not like some life alternating government controlled, forced on people plan.

no one said you have to go to the doctor or the hospital either. i don't see your point.

He's saying we're going to be forced to actively purchase and maintain health insurance.

Which frankly we're already forced to buy car insurance. How silly is it that people cared enough about their cars to pass that law before this one?

Thirteenth Star

demonjack00
GlennBeck25
demonjack00
GlennBeck25

Like I said....health care is a necessity. Health insurance companies are too greedy to take it upon themselves to reform it, so the government had to step in.

Now insurance companies, as of NOW, CANNOT deny you coverage, no matter what.
demonjack00
GlennBeck25
demonjack00
GlennBeck25

Because they are forcing certain people to buy their Health care. What if they don't want it? They have to pay a fine. If they don't pay that fine, then jail.

Comparing them to libraries. There are many out there, just like there is Health care insurance. They're not telling us which ones we can go too, and which ones that we can not go too. I can go to any library, get a card, check out a book, and use the library (when I want too), what ever library that I want. With out being told what to do by the government.
Violinetta Harmonium
Yes, hon, I am biased. Anyone who can take Glenn Beck as any kind of serious loses all merit in my mind. He is false. Fox News is trash, and I think the violence they are perpetuating is disgusting.

But I will tell you that you're much more polite and well versed than most Glenn Beck followers (not that I'm assuming you're a devout follower). I have no desire to be rude to you or tell you to gtfo (not that I would...it would just be a desire to do so).

I just don't really understand what the alternative would be...you're not for government controlled health reform...then what would be a good way to reform it? I just don't see any other way than if the government is involved somehow.
Well if you are not going to listen, then I no longer wish to comment on anything that you have to say. Go listen to CNN and never get another point of view. That is your business, not mine. Your allowed to do what you want. Enjoy your freedom while it lasts though.

Thirteenth Star

GlennBeck25
Violinetta Harmonium

Well if you are not going to listen, then I no longer wish to comment on anything that you have to say. Go listen to CNN and never get another point of view. That is your business, not mine. Your allowed to do what you want. Enjoy your freedom while it lasts though.

Thank you for your politeness. People aren't usually like that on Gaia. Sorry about my bias. =/
GlennBeck25
demonjack00
GlennBeck25

If you have a job, you're already paying for Socialized Medical Coverage: It's called Medicare Taxes. And if you don't pay for it, you go to jail for Tax Evasion!

That's something very few people seem to be bringing up regarding this issue. All this reform is doing is making it somewhat easier for people to actually get the coverage they've been paying for all these years. Not as easy as everyone would prefer, but hey, taking another step from the first one made on Sunday is better than attempting a giant leap from where we were last week.

Thirteenth Star

Syndrama
GlennBeck25

If you have a job, you're already paying for Socialized Medical Coverage: It's called Medicare Taxes. And if you don't pay for it, you go to jail for Tax Evasion!

That's something very few people seem to be bringing up regarding this issue. All this reform is doing is making it somewhat easier for people to actually get the coverage they've been paying for all these years. Not as easy as everyone would prefer, but hey, taking another step from the first one made on Sunday is better than attempting a giant leap from where we were last week.

Smartly put, miss! =D
Syndrama
GlennBeck25
demonjack00
GlennBeck25

Did you read my other example about being able to choose, which one that I wanted? Not being forced to buy a certain type? One that is being controlled by the government? With a bill that gives government control to over 1/6th of our economy?

Demonic Shapeshifter

6,850 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
GlennBeck25
demonjack00
GlennBeck25
demonjack00
GlennBeck25

Because they are forcing certain people to buy their Health care. What if they don't want it? They have to pay a fine. If they don't pay that fine, then jail.

Comparing them to libraries. There are many out there, just like there is Health care insurance. They're not telling us which ones we can go too, and which ones that we can not go too. I can go to any library, get a card, check out a book, and use the library (when I want too), what ever library that I want. With out being told what to do by the government.

you seem to be missing the point. whether your going anywhere near a library or not, you still pay for it or you go to jail.

Demonic Shapeshifter

6,850 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
GlennBeck25
Syndrama
GlennBeck25
demonjack00
GlennBeck25

Did you read my other example about being able to choose, which one that I wanted? Not being forced to buy a certain type? One that is being controlled by the government? With a bill that gives government control to over 1/6th of our economy?

isn't this just the government OPTION? as in "if you'd like to get insurance from some one else, feel free"?
demonjack00
GlennBeck25
demonjack00
GlennBeck25
demonjack00
GlennBeck25

you seem to be missing the point. whether your going anywhere near a library or not, you still pay for it or you go to jail.

No. I am saying, that the library is there when I need it, and I am not forced to go to a certain library. I get to choose which one that I want to go too. Unlike health care. The government on the other hand chooses your health care for you. I should be able to choose which health care that I want to use. Just like I can choose which library that I want to use. Without being regulated by the government.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff