Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Citizen

13,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
*is an Aussie*
I don't understand why the yanks are so angry about the health care reforms. I'd be rejoicing if I was them.

I mean seriously, they can still continue on their current insurance and it assures them that their insurance company won't screw them over.

That said I think they a lot of people over there still believe in "reds under the bed"/communists are trying to take America over.

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
msromantic
I've talked to my family about this as well, and well... they think if they were meant to get pulled through the situation, no matter what, they will. Not to say they won't try to get things taken care of, but that things will be okay in the end. Call it ignorant, but with the amount of fees going to be calculated until 2016 (I think thats the year) its going to be really REALLY expensive. My family knows the risk of not getting the health care. Just like everyone knows the risk if they don't get insurance on their house or car. But, there are just some risks you have to take. That's just my opinion though.

This is probably one of the dumber reasons I've heard to not get health insurance; there are some risks you JUST HAVE TO TAKE? Some things we're just MEANT to go through? Come on! Choosing to not get health insurance, when you can afford to have it, is just plain stupid. Fate has nothing to do with it; cover your a**, and the asses of your family, by getting insurance. Hopefully someday your gov't will actually give you real, universal healthcare, paid for with the billions of dollars it used to spend on war.

AvaH.Kaedo: You raise some good (and by good I mean actual legitimate reasons) as to why some Americans don't want to have to buy health insurance if they're not covered at the moment. Noone wants to be 'micro managed', especially grown adults, but as you can see from the post above, some people are so dumb they should be micromanaged. The American system has the advantage of speed for those who can pay for it. However, I feel I should point out (as many others have already done), this bill ISN'T for those who already have coverage; it's to get coverage to those who don't have it, the poor, disabled, sick, etc.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff