Welcome to Gaia! ::

street horrrsing
stormylane
street horrrsing
Redundant Affections
I'll say this...
The reason I'm against it is because it will completely bankrupt us. So many people in the US are lazy. I live near a major city, and more than half the city is on welfare. A good 3/4 of them aren't there because they were laid off, can't find work, ect. It's because they don't want to work. So, tax dollars already go to them. Then couple that in with free healthcare, and we're screwed. My state will become COMPLETELY bankrupt, along with many other states.
Another issue most people over look is what's in the bill, and how rude our politicians have been about it. Like Nancy Pelosi was saying they had to pass it before we could see what was in the bill. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU) Also if you look at our healthcare bill, there are so many things in there that are just insane. For example, you HAVE to get healthcare insurance, or else you won't be a legal citizen. America is a free country, where you don't have to do anything. Also you can only get loans for schooling through the government, which I seriously wouldn't want to do. Then if you look at the back-room deals that were made, and then public outrage of how many don't want this, and they don't listen...it all couples together into something horrible. In the bill it isn't only socialized healthcare, there's education, extra funding, a bunch of junk that is far from healthcare.
Any Americans that want to argue with me on my points, don't bother unless you've read the bill, because I for one have.
Wasteful healthcare spending was already going to bankrupt the COUNTRY, not to mention millions of people (plus the millions it already has bankrupted). The bill is an effort to cut out wasteful spending in healthcare that is caused by a system that favors greedy doctors who advise people to do overly-expensive tests and procedures that are very unlikely to help.

this will just bankrupt us a lot faster.....
Nope. You should read up on Keynesian economics, a highly regarded concept among economists. The more spending we do in a recession, the faster we'll come out of the recession, even if we're borrowing the money we spend. Nobody on the right seems to want to admit that the spending is still only a very small fraction of the GDP. The war spending is WAAAAAAY worse.

The war spending is way worse, but add that in with all the spending currently going on, and now the health care, it will bankrupt us most likely by 2020 if not stopped. Possibly sooner, like 2016. Many people on the right agree we need to stop spending so much on things such as the war.

Virtuous Visionary

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Jack-pot 100
Redundant Affections
street horrrsing
stormylane
street horrrsing
Redundant Affections
I'll say this...
The reason I'm against it is because it will completely bankrupt us. So many people in the US are lazy. I live near a major city, and more than half the city is on welfare. A good 3/4 of them aren't there because they were laid off, can't find work, ect. It's because they don't want to work. So, tax dollars already go to them. Then couple that in with free healthcare, and we're screwed. My state will become COMPLETELY bankrupt, along with many other states.
Another issue most people over look is what's in the bill, and how rude our politicians have been about it. Like Nancy Pelosi was saying they had to pass it before we could see what was in the bill. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU) Also if you look at our healthcare bill, there are so many things in there that are just insane. For example, you HAVE to get healthcare insurance, or else you won't be a legal citizen. America is a free country, where you don't have to do anything. Also you can only get loans for schooling through the government, which I seriously wouldn't want to do. Then if you look at the back-room deals that were made, and then public outrage of how many don't want this, and they don't listen...it all couples together into something horrible. In the bill it isn't only socialized healthcare, there's education, extra funding, a bunch of junk that is far from healthcare.
Any Americans that want to argue with me on my points, don't bother unless you've read the bill, because I for one have.
Wasteful healthcare spending was already going to bankrupt the COUNTRY, not to mention millions of people (plus the millions it already has bankrupted). The bill is an effort to cut out wasteful spending in healthcare that is caused by a system that favors greedy doctors who advise people to do overly-expensive tests and procedures that are very unlikely to help.

Nope. You should read up on Keynesian economics, a highly regarded concept among economists. The more spending we do in a recession, the faster we'll come out of the recession, even if we're borrowing the money we spend. Nobody on the right seems to want to admit that the spending is still only a very small fraction of the GDP. The war spending is WAAAAAAY worse.

The war spending is way worse, but add that in with all the spending currently going on, and now the health care, it will bankrupt us most likely by 2020 if not stopped. Possibly sooner, like 2016. Many people on the right agree we need to stop spending so much on things such as the war.
War spending = horrible because it's sucking money out of the country. Once Obama finally gets us out of the Middle East, the deficit's going to stop exploding. Healthcare bill spending = good because it's putting money into making America stronger.
street horrrsing
Redundant Affections
street horrrsing
stormylane
street horrrsing
Redundant Affections
I'll say this...

War spending = horrible because it's sucking money out of the country. Healthcare bill spending = good because it's putting money into making America stronger.

Yes, but I think we should honestly hold off on it if you really want to go that route. You know, until the economy is stable again, so maybe about 10 years from now? As it is we start paying now and don't see the outcome until about 2014, just wait a few years before you start paying. (I still disagree with health care, however.)

Hilarious Humorist

What I love is that half of the people debating on here aren't old enough to have a job much less pay taxes.
Once the government starts sticking it's grabby little hands into YOUR paychecks, you'll change your mind.
And don't even for one second believe that all this money can come from the people making over $200,000 a year. That's 3% of America. You really expect 3% of America to pay for all your crap?
Not gonna happen.

Sorry to say but Health care is not a right.
And I don't make my money to just hand it over to you all. Call me selfish but I will be getting NOTHING from this bill other than more taxes and even crappier health care.
Kobayashi
What I love is that half of the people debating on here aren't old enough to have a job much less pay taxes.
Once the government starts sticking it's grabby little hands into YOUR paychecks, you'll change your mind.
And don't even for one second believe that all this money can come from the people making over $200,000 a year. That's 3% of America. You really expect 3% of America to pay for all your crap?
Not gonna happen.

Sorry to say but Health care is not a right.
And I don't make my money to just hand it over to you all. Call me selfish but I will be getting NOTHING from this bill other than more taxes and even crappier health care.

THANK YOU.
Now as a Canadian, I have to admit that I have similar concerns to those of the author. In Canada we've had universal health care since the 1960s, when New Democratic leader Tommy Douglas pressured Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson into accepting and supporting the bill at the risk of a no-confidence motion. So my question is this: would Americans be any more satisfied if the government extended universal health care?

Also note that I don't wish to be denigrated in any way for making this post. With that in mind, respond only if you are willing to do so in a civilized manner.
Redundant Affections
Amongst_many
It's already hard enough to live on welfare and you want them to live with absolutely nothing, that's thoughtful.

Ok. I understand and have compassion, however why should I have to pay for someone who's on welfare? Honestly, after you get off you should have to pay back the system so hard workers don't have to.
For healthcare? It isn't a right to have healthcare, now is it? You need to see a doctor, you get that $70 and pay to go. Most people don't even NEED to go to the doctor. If you're really sick, you can go to the ER. As I said, I know many people on welfare. Some are people that are just a bit down and are trying, but in my area most are on drugs and have big screen TV's. I have compassion for those that try, none for the lazy bastards that don't want to work though. And either way, you CAN get a job anywhere. Go to Walmart, they always hire.

Im neither for or against the bill, but I do want to say something: A lot of people can't afford health care as it is right now - and forcing them to pay for insurance isn't going to help either, because they also can't afford that.

And a note on ER care: I know many, many people who have died in the ER. It really isn't an emergency room, they make you wait hours - sometimes almost days, before they get you in. The only " Emergency " care is if you are rushed in through an ambulance.

The ER is a joke - Not to mention it cost you thousands for a single visit.

America's health system over all just needs to be re done. In fact, a lot of things need to be re done, but that will all start when our politicians become thoughtful, kind folk who actually do care about the country...Rather then the old, close minded, greedy, self centered idiots who are in there now.

That's my two cents.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces