Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blaidd Gwyyn
I believe that a society, any society, if it wants to last would need to make affordable health care available to all of its citizens.

If people are sick then they cant work.
If they cant work the economy of the entire society weakens and fails.
God knows you wont get any work out of the wealthy.

Heres the thing though.

No one really 'works' in the US any more. Most of the blue collar an factory type jobs are going overseas. And then the rest of those nastier jobs like farm hands, janitorial and such are going to immigrants.

So, in that aspect, shouldn't this universal health care be extended to those immigrants who are coming here to do the jobs that no one wants to seem to do any more?
Pendantic_+_Dandelion
Blaidd Gwyyn
I believe that a society, any society, if it wants to last would need to make affordable health care available to all of its citizens.

If people are sick then they cant work.
If they cant work the economy of the entire society weakens and fails.
God knows you wont get any work out of the wealthy.

Heres the thing though.

No one really 'works' in the US any more. Most of the blue collar an factory type jobs are going overseas. And then the rest of those nastier jobs like farm hands, janitorial and such are going to immigrants.

So, in that aspect, shouldn't this universal health care be extended to those immigrants who are coming here to do the jobs that no one wants to seem to do any more?

Canada is growing like that too, but Canada also has a larger middle class than most countries if I'm remembering political science right.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff