Total Votes:[ 81 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 >

5,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Natsume Shinzui
-><-
That is about as much of a damn I give about it. To compare, I will give the representation of about the damn I would give to my neighbors dog.
->------------<-
And then a burglar entering my home.
->----------------------------------------<-

What is wrong with you? This will affect your future, after all. How can you not care?

rolleyes
I didn't catch what they said on Abortion. Can someone tell me what the house voted on?
Khimist
AFK, moving to Canada.
Canada has socialized healthcare. I wouldn't be surprised if they have clauses making it hard for foreigners to get the plan without having lived there for x number of years.
Appel Juice
M. Angel
Dark Lord Drake
Sounds cool. Glad they dealt with the abortion thing.

Well, technically nothing is dealt with until we see the changes that are proposed once again to the senate. Who knows what will happen...

I know what will happen. Hot air and pomp.

Well, it's not like the Democrats DIDN'T know they were losing their majority in November. Guess they figured that they had to push through one of their agenda items before they got canned.
god dammit gonk

Aged Sage

19,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Expert Skill 150
Super Naranja

I'm pissed.

This doesn't exactly encourage people to work. After all, I'm getting free health care now. I don't have to worry about being rich so i can afford a good doctor.

:I

This doesn't make healthcare free. This is only a step towards universal healthcare. A large step, but still. And besides, even with free healthcare, you'd need a job for almost everything else. And healthcare should be free. It shouldn't be a luxury to be treated when you're sick or injured.
Enix Ona Demonie
I didn't catch what they said on Abortion. Can someone tell me what the house voted on?

Quote:

The final obstacle to passage was cleared a few hours before the vote, when Obama and Democratic leaders reached a compromise with anti-abortion lawmakers whose rebellion had left the outcome in doubt. The president issued an executive order pledging that no federal funds would be used for elective abortion, satisfying Rep. Bart Stupak of Michigan and a handful of like-minded lawmakers.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_health_care_overhaul
M. Angel
Dark Lord Drake
Sounds cool. Glad they dealt with the abortion thing.

Well, technically nothing is dealt with until we see the changes that are proposed once again to the senate. Who knows what will happen...

Actually there's a good chance the bill will go right to obama to be signed. The House passed the exact bill the Senate did in the past.
Enix Ona Demonie

The house voted on the bill passed by the senate. However, in order to get enough votes 12 democrats were promised that abortion language would be strengthened to prevent federal funds from being provided to those who want abortions. Apparently Obama said that he'd pass an executive order, but he's also said a lot of things that haven't happened... click my link on the first page for the article.
Dark Lord Drake
Enix Ona Demonie

Quote:

The final obstacle to passage was cleared a few hours before the vote, when Obama and Democratic leaders reached a compromise with anti-abortion lawmakers whose rebellion had left the outcome in doubt. The president issued an executive order pledging that no federal funds would be used for elective abortion, satisfying Rep. Bart Stupak of Michigan and a handful of like-minded lawmakers.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_health_care_overhaul

Why, thank you. Well, at least its compromised.
Super Naranja

I'm pissed.

This doesn't exactly encourage people to work. After all, I'm getting free health care now. I don't have to worry about being rich so i can afford a good doctor.

Yeah because so many people in countries with National Heathcare choose not to work because they're already getting heath care. rolleyes
Cool. Now next they need to pull us out of Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia. Oh and cut off funding to Blackwater and stop giving out billions to corporate bankster goons.

What will this health care thing even do for the average person? The Dems are jizzing their pants, but I wonder if anything will change
Daniel Murdoc
Super Naranja

I'm pissed.

This doesn't make healthcare free. This is only a step towards universal healthcare. A large step, but still. And besides, even with free healthcare, you'd need a job for almost everything else. And healthcare should be free. It shouldn't be a luxury to be treated when you're sick or injured.

Actually, it shouldn't be free, and certainly not universally run by the government. Have you been to the DMV lately? Would you want that kind of wait for treatment (because it already exists in countries that provide free health care)?

Blessed Friend

14,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
Super Naranja

I'm pissed.

Yes, because I'm not encouraged to work. I haven't applied to three different McDonald's, four Carl's Juniors, two Subways, and varying other fast food joints. I have spent a good year and a half doing this. I still don't have a job. Why? THERE ARE NONE. Therefore, unless I pop out a kid I will NEVER want, I canNOT get health insurance.

Blessed Friend

14,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
M. Angel
Daniel Murdoc
Super Naranja

I'm pissed.

Actually, it shouldn't be free, and certainly not universally run by the government. Have you been to the DMV lately? Would you want that kind of wait for treatment (because it already exists in countries that provide free health care)?
I'd prefer a wait based on needs rather than how much I can pay.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff