Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,150 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Overstocked 200
People think it's free but honestly its not. You're still going to have to pay for what type of Plan you want and plus if you don't buy the government's healthcare you get penalized for it n.n! Have fun
Cookie Pills
People think it's free but honestly its not. You're still going to have to pay for what type of Plan you want and plus if you don't buy the government's healthcare you get penalized for it n.n! Have fun

I think you may have to reexamine some of your viewpoints, sir.

Dangerous Lunatic

Cookie Pills
When I get thrown in jail, and the inmates ask me why, I'm gonna say:

"For standing up for my rights."
Cookie Pills

Wait. . .

So it's okay to get penalized because I don't have car insurance, but it's bad to get penalized for health insurance?

Oh, right. I forgot. A person's automobile is more valuable than their child's life. Silly me!
X_Torric_X
Cookie Pills

then they'll kill and rape you in that order for committing such a pansy crime.
Uh, no s**t? Nowhere did anyone seriously propose "free" health care - even the public option wasn't single-payer, it was just financed by the gov't. And since we aren't even doing that, well, who the hell's saying it's free?
Also, yeah, the penalty's kind of stupid, but then again so is not having insurance in the first place, since people who can't pay their medical bills are actually a pretty big drain on public resources, so unless we switch to a system where one either doesn't need to pay for medical bills or can get insurance for cheap/free, it's probably better off existing.

7,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
CleoSombra
Cookie Pills

Wait. . .

So it's okay to get penalized because I don't have car insurance, but it's bad to get penalized for health insurance?

Oh, right. I forgot. A person's automobile is more valuable than their child's life. Silly me!

Well, not having insurance on an automobile endangers other motorists, but not having health insurance doesn't really affect anyone else. I don't get why they're fining people who don't have it. If they were only fining the parents who don't have insurance I would understand but apparently it's for adults too.

Dangerous Lunatic

idk my bff stza
X_Torric_X
Cookie Pills

Defying the Government a pansy crime? I think not.
X_Torric_X
idk my bff stza
X_Torric_X
Cookie Pills

Defying the Government a pansy crime? I think not.

I was joking because your point was absurd. The punishment for not purchasing health care is a fine.
X_Torric_X
Cookie Pills

And I'm sure Bubba in cell block C who shanked his parole officer would say the exact same thing.

Dangerous Lunatic

Trorbes
X_Torric_X
Cookie Pills

And I'm sure Bubba in cell block C who shanked his parole officer would say the exact same thing.
Since when does "unwillingly taking someone's life" = "refusing to NOT pay for an nonobligatory asset that's being rammed down your throat"?
X_Torric_X
Trorbes
X_Torric_X
Cookie Pills

Since when does "unwillingly taking someone's life" = "refusing to NOT pay for an nonobligatory asset that's being rammed down your throat"?

Since when does "not paying a fine" = "fighting against holding a man prisoner well after he's served his time"?
Cookie Pills
if you don't buy the government's healthcare you get penalized for it

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lord Setar
Cookie Pills
if you don't buy the government's healthcare you get penalized for it

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Beginning in 2014, young adults will be required to purchase insurance or face tax penalties. Those will be phased in, reaching $695 per year by 2016 for an individual or 2.5 percent of household income, whichever is larger. Young adults will be eligible for subsidies, though, if they meet income .
sauce

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces