Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anabaena
Geever
Pro's- helps lots of underprivileged people
Con's- Helps many arrogant people ie) drunks drug abuser who will abuse it....

How would junks/drunks abuse the health care system?

Right.

That 2% of the population that abuses anything is all that matters!

Also, drug users and alcoholics aren't arrogant. Not by a long shot. Have you ever seen someone suffering from addiction? They're torn apart. They're shattered. Of all people, they need the most help (in terms of counseling, detox, etc).
ProfessorPervert
Bad for the rich?
The middle class is the one that's going to be screwed. They're always the ones that get screwed.
Sure the rich are going to be taxed more but they have the money to give up. The middle class, not so much.

How is the middle class hurt by this? If anything, they benefit by the lower cost of a public health insurance plan. They don't need to pay into a private one anymore.

They SAVE money through this agenda.

Why is there confusion over this?

Also since they're middle class they have the option to insure with private or public claims.

If you want to argue the taxes, then the taxes they take out works by percentages of income. The more money you make, the more they take out BY PERCENTAGE.

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Vivianne Venita
I don't need it. neutral

I didn't need it before and I don't need it now.
I disapprove of this.

So because you don't need it, you assume that no one else does?

Moonlight Pirate

Communism is an elimination of the classes. Now, no matter how hard you work, you will never be paid more than anybody else. You have no chance of being rich, improving your life, ect.

That is NOT a better way to do things; America needs capitolism to be a free country. Those who can pay for health care should be the ones to get it, because the world runs on trade. Making the rich pay for health care for people who have nothing to give in return is very unfair. It also makes it so hard working poor people who try to get rich STAY poor.

The people who don't need the health care shouldn't be forced to be a part of it; and what makes things worse is that nobody got to vote for whether or not it got passed. Obama passed this WITHOUT anybody's say, and now he can do anything he wants that way.

Democracy is now dead. Capitolism is going to die. We're all going to be poor, and life is steadily going to get worse.

Moonlight Pirate

Fear Loops
Vivianne Venita
I don't need it. neutral

I disapprove of this.

Those of us who don't need it should be allowed to stay out of it. Why should we pay for somebody we don't know? It should be our choice to be charitable.

Lavish Lunatic

Nomad Realta
Fear Loops
Vivianne Venita
I don't need it. neutral

I disapprove of this.

Those of us who don't need it should be allowed to stay out of it. Why should we pay for somebody we don't know? It should be our choice to be charitable.

Why pay for somebody you don't know? You already pay for someone you don't know, it's called TAXES..
Nomad Realta

Democracy is now dead. Capitolism is going to die. We're all going to be poor, and life is steadily going to get worse.
cheese_whine dramallama

I feel that is the only time to use those emoticons appropriately.

Fashionable Exhibitionist

Anabaena
Nomad Realta
Fear Loops
Vivianne Venita
I don't need it. neutral

I disapprove of this.

Why pay for somebody you don't know? You already pay for someone you don't know, it's called TAXES..

Yeah, but we're not paying for they're health care.
The government should stay out of our personal and medical issues. Period.
ProfessorPervert
Bad for the rich?
The middle class is the one that's going to be screwed. They're always the ones that get screwed.
Sure the rich are going to be taxed more but they have the money to give up. The middle class, not so much.

Yes, but the reason the middle class is having difficulty now is due to the rich holding on to their money. There will be higher taxes for the middle class, but we will get healthcare benefits as well.

I have healthcare. My parents have healthcare. We've had it since before the bill... we very much support the bill.
I have absolutely no issue with paying a little more out of my own pocket to potentially save someone else's life. And I'm glad to know that if I get in a bad place that people will now be doing the same for me.
If you're only problem with this bill is the tax increase, then your selfishness knows no bounds.
Nomad Realta
Communism is an elimination of the classes. Now, no matter how hard you work, you will never be paid more than anybody else. You have no chance of being rich, improving your life, ect.

That is NOT a better way to do things; America needs capitolism to be a free country. Those who can pay for health care should be the ones to get it, because the world runs on trade. Making the rich pay for health care for people who have nothing to give in return is very unfair. It also makes it so hard working poor people who try to get rich STAY poor.

The people who don't need the health care shouldn't be forced to be a part of it; and what makes things worse is that nobody got to vote for whether or not it got passed. Obama passed this WITHOUT anybody's say, and now he can do anything he wants that way.

That color is obnoxious.

The bill is not the start of communism. America is not on the track to being communist.
The government healthcare is being offered to those who cannot afford private healthcare. You can keep your healthcare. You are not being forced to take the government healthcare. And thus, it is not communism.

Making the rich pay for the healthcare of the people they routinely pay as little as they legally can is... a step in the right direction. Also, I find it strange that your description only portrays the poor as giving nothing to the world. Am I to assume, then, that the rich upper class like Paris Hilton have such great contributions to the societies of the world that I should be paying for her healthcare instead?
If you have an issue with the hard working poor people staying poor, perhaps you should vote to increase the minimum wage.

If people who didn't need the healthcare did not participate... no. There's absolutely no way to describe how idiotic that sounds. You just said that the only people who should be contributing to the costs of healthcare for the poor are the poor. You just suggested that the people without enough money to pay for healthcare should pay for healthcare.

And of course no one got to vote. We don't live in a Democracy. We live in a Democratic Republic. You vote for who you want to represent you and then they vote on what's good for you. If we lived in a true Democracy, NOTHING would get done. You would be voting on every teeny tiny bill that came before the senate. All the tallying and counting that happens during the presidential election would be happening every day over every single bill.
This is the system that works best for a country of our size. If you don't like the way your representative has been voting, you get the option to vote for another representative... and there are a lot to choose from.
If your choice doesn't get in, sucks to be you.

Familiar Traveler

14,475 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
L e t o m i
Nomad Realta

That color is obnoxious.

The bill is not the start of communism. America is not on the track to being communist.
The government healthcare is being offered to those who cannot afford private healthcare. You can keep your healthcare. You are not being forced to take the government healthcare. And thus, it is not communism.

Making the rich pay for the healthcare of the people they routinely pay as little as they legally can is... a step in the right direction. Also, I find it strange that your description only portrays the poor as giving nothing to the world. Am I to assume, then, that the rich upper class like Paris Hilton have such great contributions to the societies of the world that I should be paying for her healthcare instead?
If you have an issue with the hard working poor people staying poor, perhaps you should vote to increase the minimum wage.

If people who didn't need the healthcare did not participate... no. There's absolutely no way to describe how idiotic that sounds. You just said that the only people who should be contributing to the costs of healthcare for the poor are the poor. You just suggested that the people without enough money to pay for healthcare should pay for healthcare.

And of course no one got to vote. We don't live in a Democracy. We live in a Democratic Republic. You vote for who you want to represent you and then they vote on what's good for you. If we lived in a true Democracy, NOTHING would get done. You would be voting on every teeny tiny bill that came before the senate. All the tallying and counting that happens during the presidential election would be happening every day over every single bill.
This is the system that works best for a country of our size. If you don't like the way your representative has been voting, you get the option to vote for another representative... and there are a lot to choose from.
If your choice doesn't get in, sucks to be you.
I only sleep with people I love...

Because they obviously know what's best for all of us.

...which is why I have insomnia.
Petite Symphony

The Constitution.
Read it.

Agreed.

wears's Husband

Friendly Capitalist

8,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Anabaena
Geever

they will take and not give back....
AdrianKILGANNON
Petite Symphony

The Constitution.
Read it.

Agreed.

wears's Husband

Friendly Capitalist

8,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
CleoSombra
Anabaena
Geever

Right.

That 2% of the population that abuses anything is all that matters!

Also, drug users and alcoholics aren't arrogant. Not by a long shot. Have you ever seen someone suffering from addiction? They're torn apart. They're shattered. Of all people, they need the most help (in terms of counseling, detox, etc).
well sorry im just stating my opinion you dont have to be so hostile.... and some of them wont take the help(rehab etc) they will go to the hospital, then once they are "BetteR" they will leave and not contribute to the system..... and for your information i am for the bill

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff