Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Giver

14,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
What effects do you see in the future?

In my personal opinion I see that with this the hospitals will have to be more efficient with how they do things. The insurance companies will try to find ways to make profits which means they will ask the hospitals to buy cheaper more efficient drugs. With drug companies losing money on what are considered treatment drugs they may spend more on actual cures. With more Cures around People get reckless. With reckless people getting cured drug companies make money. Insurers keeping customers make money off of a more efficient system. Hospitals are less crowded as people actually have to listen to doctors and take better care of self and family.

Soon health insurance becomes the norm like auto insurance and becomes another thing we plan for when we leave the nest..

Who knows we might have a future world like in our favorite Sci-Fi movies.

Keep in mind this is what I think might happen. Not will.

I am asking what you see for the future.

Wheezing Gekko

Hopefully generic drugs get a boost; I really don't know why people stick with branded drugs when generics are available. But then I'm also the kind of guy that buys plain T-shirts without logos.
I'm not sure "cure" drugs will magically happen with more attention. The fact as I see it is that cures are hard, and some diseases may be fundamentally incurable simply due to the evolution of pathogens or their effects on the body. I'm sure drug makers do have an incentive to go with "treatments," but I'm not sure that cancels out the incentive to be the one that cures X disease.
For-profit insurers will still try to find every available legal loophole for refusing coverage: that's what they do. I have no illusions that these reforms plug all the loopholes, just some of the most public and visible. It's a step in the right direction.
Hopefully the cost of healthcare itself comes down with more people having coverage to pay for themselves rather than foisting the costs onto those that can afford coverage. We really spend way too much on healthcare in this country considering the performance of our system in ensuring a healthy populace. Ours is possibly the most broken model, and that's reflected in the costs/person or cost/GDP as well as our world rankings.

Kawaii Giver

14,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Vryko Lakas
Hopefully generic drugs get a boost; I really don't know why people stick with branded drugs when generics are available. But then I'm also the kind of guy that buys plain T-shirts without logos.
I'm not sure "cure" drugs will magically happen with more attention. The fact as I see it is that cures are hard, and some diseases may be fundamentally incurable simply due to the evolution of pathogens or their effects on the body. I'm sure drug makers do have an incentive to go with "treatments," but I'm not sure that cancels out the incentive to be the one that cures X disease.
For-profit insurers will still try to find every available legal loophole for refusing coverage: that's what they do. I have no illusions that these reforms plug all the loopholes, just some of the most public and visible. It's a step in the right direction.
Hopefully the cost of healthcare itself comes down with more people having coverage to pay for themselves rather than foisting the costs onto those that can afford coverage. We really spend way too much on healthcare in this country considering the performance of our system in ensuring a healthy populace. Ours is possibly the most broken model, and that's reflected in the costs/person or cost/GDP as well as our world rankings.

Thanks for your opinion. As for the Cure I know not all can be cured but for stuff like AIDs or Any drug addiction If cures are found then people get reckless. Imagine if they found a way to restore your liver to perfect condition or remove the effects of drinking with just a pill. you better believe that stuff will be in you local gas station.

Micherru's Significant Otter

Dulcet Wench

18,965 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Vryko Lakas
~*~User Image~*~
There are often times that the generic is similar in makeup, but it differs in composition.
Like the amount of one chemical in relation to another.
So the result is a different level of effectiveness or even different side effects.

Or in my case, the pharmacy didn't give me the generic brand until my doctor switched me over to it.
>.X
I didn't even know there was a generic brand until then.

~*~ We're all mad here. I'm mad; you're mad.~*~

Dapper Explorer

I see a nation wide sales tax possibly in the future.
EABrigadeTaishi

In my personal opinion I see that with this the hospitals will have to be more efficient with how they do things.
Stopped reading right there, they'll most likely make less money and therefore be less efficient. Hell, look at the post office people requesting MORE money and even a day OFF. You think they'll compensate that day off with extra pay by working harder? ******** NO!

7,050 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
RaepPl0x
EABrigadeTaishi

In my personal opinion I see that with this the hospitals will have to be more efficient with how they do things.
Stopped reading right there, they'll most likely make less money and therefore be less efficient. Hell, look at the post office people requesting MORE money and even a day OFF. You think they'll compensate that day off with extra pay by working harder? ******** NO!

A DAY OFF!?! Oh my god NOOOOOoooo!
How dare they try to get a day off! Don't they know our tax dollars pay their salaries!

dramallama

Dapper Explorer

crystal_pepzi
RaepPl0x
EABrigadeTaishi

How dare they try to get a day off! Don't they know our tax dollars pay their salaries!

dramallama

Isnt the 1 less day of mail delivery thing not about what the workers want, and more about cutting costs?

At least, thats how its been presented to me.

Dangerous Lunatic

Bluemew1234
crystal_pepzi
RaepPl0x
EABrigadeTaishi

dramallama

Isnt the 1 less day of mail delivery thing not about what the workers want, and more about cutting costs?

At least, thats how its been presented to me.
I think they only get Sundays off due to religious services and that most businesses aren't open on the weekend.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff