Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Consuming Darkness
Okay....ive been arguing with people and they are all morons

apparently i cant talk analytically or politically....so here's a new version

Pretend you are doing chores for your parents:
You were supposed to clean the entire house and you did!
and you were meant to receive 20 dollars for it

When your parents are about to give you the 20, they say
"Oh, sorry, we need to give 15 to your brother/sister, since they need it for [insert excuse here]"

So you end up with 5....

So let me ask you, sure it may be good for the "needy"
but this Health Care reform is a joke and should have never passed

I personally wouldn't mind, money is just an object in life, if he really needs it, give it to him.

Festive Witch

24,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
Mars_The_Hobo
The Consuming Darkness

"Oh, sorry, we need to give 15 to your brother/sister, since they need it for [insert excuse here]"

So you end up with 5....

I believe the Universal Healthcare is more like you have to clean the kitchen, your sister the attic and your brother the living room; you and your brother get $20 dollars and your sister $40 (because I imagine she has more work); but when you all get paid you and your bother have to give back $5 each and your sister has to give back $10 (because she was paid double). Now those $20 dollars you kids just gave are going to be used so you can all, ah... buy a pool? Go to the movies? Get go karts? Pay the phone? the Internet connection? I dunno something the 3 of you will enjoy.
If you look closely you all work hard and you all had to give back proportionally and you all enjoy the benefits equally; doesn't it sound fair? You all contributed, you all enjoy. Simple as that

Actually the $20 are to pay the Phone bill or the Electricity or the Internet connection. Something important and that all use.
My bad

Wheezing Gekko

bondage_kitten
i dont think we need more taxes i think we need to kick out illegal immigrants who are going to use the health care reform anyways.

Actually they can't qualify for coverage, by the specific text of the bill.

Though I have to say, I feel that even people who break the law by coming here illegally, or knocking over a liquor store, deserve treatment for cancer, regardless of whether they can afford it or not. They're still people.
yeah....like i thought....you guys dont get it

you keep thinking that you will receive money and that its good or whatever

why dont you think about major companies that will be forced to give healthcare to their employees, they wont afford it because its even more of an expense, so they need to fire people

healthcare for everyone also will most likely raise the price on EVERYTHING
and im sure everything because everyone who works HAS to have health insurance

thus, prices will go up, and people will get fired

and all you guys thing about it "Cool, I'm gonna get money"
i hate healthcare, but im a cat, i see a vet. i get nothing either way except for a giant needle in my buttcheek.

Wheezing Gekko

The Consuming Darkness

why dont you think about major companies that will be forced to give healthcare to their employees, they wont afford it because its even more of an expense, so they need to fire people

"major companies" already offer health plans for their employees, and are in a far better position to do that than smaller ones. Why the Hell shouldn't major companies cover their employees?
Frankly I've had more than enough of everybody yelling "THINK OF THE MAJOR COMPANIES!" like Helen ********' Lovejoy as if it's our duty to take care of the wealthy and powerful, who have been so great at taking care of themselves to the point of writing most of the legislation that affects them.
Obscurus
What if that $15 was for chemotherapy for your sibling? Bet you'd feel like a d**k for complaining about it.

Chemotherapy cost like 20,000$ dumbass stare

Crixs Kitakana's Love Of My Life

The Consuming Darkness

So you end up with 5....

That is a horrible representation of the health reform. It’s more like my older brother who was born with a heart murmur and since he was born with it, it’s considered a pre-existing condition which equals every 10 to 12 years my older brother goes in debt about 100k. He just filled for bankruptcy and is trying to raise his baby girl who means the world to him. He was born with a problem, it’s not his fault. He works hard as an electrician. Take into consideration that the health reform is going to help those who need it. Yes some people are going to jump on bored and try to get a free ride, but that isn’t anyone’s fault and the system will need change but at least it’s a START. With the way things are going in this country we need this reform even if it needs a million different changes it’s the first reform on health care that has EVER been passed although many presidents have tried to pass some form of health care plan for the United States. Although I’m sure you don’t care about the millions of Americans who can’t afford the insurance costs and are dying because they can’t receive any treatment because they can’t afford it, I understand already that the majority of America doesn’t care whether or not people live or die. As long as you are okay with the knowledge that without this health care plan that you obviously despise many people like my older brother would die. Then I hope you can continue to live with yourself and sleep well at night while others that are sick and suffering can hopefully die peacefully far away from people like you.

Original Player

11,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
bondage_kitten
i dont think we need more taxes i think we need to kick out illegal immigrants who are going to use the health care reform anyways. sorry i'm not racist but i'm a legal citizen and if we didnt have illegal immigrants then we'd be way less stressed for alot of things.

In what ways can these illegal immigrants use the health care reform to their advantage?

Original Player

11,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
The Little Tea Pot
Obscurus
What if that $15 was for chemotherapy for your sibling? Bet you'd feel like a d**k for complaining about it.

Chemotherapy cost like 20,000$ dumbass stare

Imagine the family is insured and the copayment every time they go in for her to get her chemotherapy shot is $15.00. His mom had $20.00 in her wallet when they took her in and even though that was supposed to be for him, she had to give it to the lady at the front desk who does the paperwork so that his sister's cancer can shrink a little more today. Well son, I guess little Beth is going to have to just miss this treatment and possibly die because you cleaned the whole damn house and want your payment NOW.

Original Player

11,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Vryko Lakas
bondage_kitten
i dont think we need more taxes i think we need to kick out illegal immigrants who are going to use the health care reform anyways.

Actually they can't qualify for coverage, by the specific text of the bill.

Though I have to say, I feel that even people who break the law by coming here illegally, or knocking over a liquor store, deserve treatment for cancer, regardless of whether they can afford it or not. They're still people.

Oh they cannot be turned down for treatment. If a person goes into the hospital with a broken leg or because they're coughing up blood they'll get to see a doctor and they'll be fixed up. It's whether or not they'll get a giant bill that's the question.

Diamond Rabbit

7,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
The Consuming Darkness

healthcare for everyone also will most likely raise the price on EVERYTHING
and im sure everything because everyone who works HAS to have health insurance

thus, prices will go up, and people will get fired

and all you guys thing about it "Cool, I'm gonna get money"

I disagree with you. This is the starting line to put this country back on top.

Also, America is number 1 in child poverty.

With out health care reform you would not get any money at all. You would be helping in someone else's home, get paid, and give it to your mother/father. Without health reform your parent would be swallowed be the huge debt that the hospital left. After your sister got sick.

$20- $900 for ride to hospital or $20-$2400
- $500 for emergency waiting room +health reform
- $1000 for IV and Blood = 5 dollars
Should I go on

I didn't know about you
and frankly I don't care.

Unless you can show my a refernce that I am being ripped off.

Because between paying $2400+ or $15, $15 always wins.

Wheezing Gekko

Kilomech
Oh they cannot be turned down for treatment. If a person goes into the hospital with a broken leg or because they're coughing up blood they'll get to see a doctor and they'll be fixed up. It's whether or not they'll get a giant bill that's the question.

That's the Emergency Room, not cancer treatment. The ER will not give you chemo.
xXbebrutalXx

Did the OP just call me a moron. I'm sorry for being informed. The government already takes out, say, three of those twenty dollars for Medicare, Medicaid, etc. But that isn't the point.

The healthcare bill is about regulation and access, not magically giving everybody healthcare. You're parents get to keep the five dollars, and maybe even more because their costs will go down. Or maybe they won't, but that will likely mean that their employer can now afford insurance (of which employees pay a part of).

And guess what? Your sister can no longer be denied for a pre-existing condition. Just sayin'.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff