What is your opinion on healthcare reform

i think its good 0.375 37.5% [ 3 ]
i think its bad 0.375 37.5% [ 3 ]
honestly, i just want to play it by ear and see what happens 0.25 25.0% [ 2 ]
i could care less 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 8 ]
This poll closed on April 16, 2010.
No longer accepting new votes.

im just wanting to hear opinions in a non ranting, non profane manner. i have heard both good and bad things about healthcare reform, and im honestly in the middle myself, i just need to see how things develop. Please in this topic use actual facts, and i dont mean "here's an actual fact obamas a moron" because despite popular belief thats really an opinion. however you can provide facts on why that is our opinion. Same goes for those in favor. Please, no flaming people or anything, id like an intelligent discussion, however i know im on a gaia forum and that may be very wishful thinking lol.
I dont know a lot about the new health care bill, but, I personally think its a bit wrong to require anyone to buy anything, whether it be goods, or services. From what I've heard, and I may be wrong, the healthcare reform forces you to buy health insurance, or you get fined. Not everyone can afford health insurance, and being fined for that doesnt seem right, sure having a fine for not having health care will encourage people to buy it, but for people who do not have a lot of money, they will have to give things up to get it, and sometimes thats more then just things they want, it could be food, clothing, heat, electricity, and other things that are needed for survival. Having electricity, or a home even is not required, so I honestly dont understand why this healthcare bill has been passed, when it forces american citizens to buy things, that are less needed than other things. I'd rather have a home to sleep in at night, and electricity, then health care. Health care is expensive after all.
actually you don't get fined if you make over 40,000 (?) and that won't come into affect until 2014

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff