Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
BellaDecorum
Great Lakes haze
It depends on what you want it to accomplish. Zumba is aerobic, and will help you lose weight as well as tone muscles and build leg strength. Yoga is for flexibility and inner harmony. Pilates tones muscles in the core of your body as well as increasing arm and leg and back strength. These are complimentary activities; each one handles some important function of exercise.
Hmm, I really do like Zumba and pilates. I should just do both.

Why not? It would be fun. biggrin
Great Lakes haze
BellaDecorum
Great Lakes haze
It depends on what you want it to accomplish. Zumba is aerobic, and will help you lose weight as well as tone muscles and build leg strength. Yoga is for flexibility and inner harmony. Pilates tones muscles in the core of your body as well as increasing arm and leg and back strength. These are complimentary activities; each one handles some important function of exercise.
Hmm, I really do like Zumba and pilates. I should just do both.

Why not? It would be fun. biggrin
i know!! I'm starting today! smile
Ciel The Innocent
BellaDecorum

It's only that way so your body doesn't hit that dreaded plateau, and get used to the workout. The closer your body gets to the weight it should be, it dosn't loose weight as easy, and will hit a plateau. You might not lose an ounce for weeks maybe if you don't mix it up. If it can't get used to the workout, it dosn't know what to do, so it gets rid of excess body weight, i.e., water weight, bodily fats. It's fantastic.
hmm, you have a point.

Tipsy Exhibitionist

11,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Love Machine 150
I've only really tried Pilates and Yoga.

Out of the two I prefer pilates, but if given the option I would pick the opportunity for a zumba class over the others, it's more fast paced and a good cardio workout.
Camo Ninja

Out of the two I prefer pilates, but if given the option I would pick the opportunity for a zumba class over the others, it's more fast paced and a good cardio workout.

Why don't you get the DVD?

Tipsy Exhibitionist

11,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Love Machine 150
BellaDecorum
Camo Ninja

I've tried one off of youtube, but it was a short mini ab workout before I did my run.

I might try to get some off of youtube. I've just been doing other workouts lately.
Camo Ninja
BellaDecorum
Camo Ninja

I've tried one off of youtube, but it was a short mini ab workout before I did my run.

I might try to get some off of youtube. I've just been doing other workouts lately.

Do you know which one works better for thighs? I can't seem to lose weight there.

Tipsy Exhibitionist

11,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Love Machine 150
BellaDecorum
Camo Ninja
BellaDecorum
Camo Ninja

Do you know which one works better for thighs? I can't seem to lose weight there.

I think it would be Zumba. But it will work your legs, which means your fat will turn into muscle, so chances are your legs will get smaller but not toothpick sized.
Camo Ninja
BellaDecorum
Camo Ninja
BellaDecorum
Camo Ninja

I think it would be Zumba. But it will work your legs, which means your fat will turn into muscle, so chances are your legs will get smaller but not toothpick sized.

Alright, I'm having problems with my inner thighs, they refuse to tone.

Tipsy Exhibitionist

11,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Love Machine 150

Sparkly Genius

2,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
BellaDecorum
chaos! in the living room
I prefer zumba toning over zumba, yoga is nice because I never actually stretch for a long time and just focus on feeling my body and I've never taken pilates sweatdrop I loooove zumba though, I'm a zumba nut -_-
good but with Zumba you really see results. After a workout I can see a little bit of progress!

I hear that pilates will kick you into shape, from an instructor that teaches both zumba and pilates. I really think doing any toning exercise helps quickly because your muscles get tighter and even right after your work out you look a little thinner :3
BellaDecorum
I prefer zumba toning over zumba, yoga is nice because I never actually stretch for a long time and just focus on feeling my body and I've never taken pilates sweatdrop I loooove zumba though, I'm a zumba nut -_-
good but with Zumba you really see results. After a workout I can see a little bit of progress!

I hear that pilates will kick you into shape, from an instructor that teaches both zumba and pilates. I really think doing any toning exercise helps quickly because your muscles get tighter and even right after your work out you look a little thinner :3

Soo true!
>> yum_puddi

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas