Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which one do you guys prefer and which one do you guys feel works the best?

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
It depends on what you want it to accomplish. Zumba is aerobic, and will help you lose weight as well as tone muscles and build leg strength. Yoga is for flexibility and inner harmony. Pilates tones muscles in the core of your body as well as increasing arm and leg and back strength. These are complimentary activities; each one handles some important function of exercise.
Great Lakes haze
It depends on what you want it to accomplish. Zumba is aerobic, and will help you lose weight as well as tone muscles and build leg strength. Yoga is for flexibility and inner harmony. Pilates tones muscles in the core of your body as well as increasing arm and leg and back strength. These are complimentary activities; each one handles some important function of exercise.
Hmm, I really do like Zumba and pilates. I should just do both.

Sparkly Genius

2,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I prefer zumba toning over zumba, yoga is nice because I never actually stretch for a long time and just focus on feeling my body and I've never taken pilates sweatdrop I loooove zumba though, I'm a zumba nut -_-
chaos! in the living room
I prefer zumba toning over zumba, yoga is nice because I never actually stretch for a long time and just focus on feeling my body and I've never taken pilates sweatdrop I loooove zumba though, I'm a zumba nut -_-
good but with Zumba you really see results. After a workout I can see a little bit of progress!
Yoga is great for rest days. The others are great for workouts. You should not just choose one, doing all of them will do you so much more good.
XenoReiji
Yoga is great for rest days. The others are great for workouts. You should not just choose one, doing all of them will do you so much more good.
will try!
As someone said, it depends on what you want to accomplish.

Personally, I'm all about yoga and dance (funk). I love pilates, but my gym has no pilates classes anymore. : (
Nana Dure
As someone said, it depends on what you want to accomplish.

Personally, I'm all about yoga and dance (funk). I love pilates, but my gym has no pilates classes anymore. : (

Awe, they have videos all over YouTube!

Popular Sophomore

13,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Athlete 50
They're all equally beneficial since they all focus on different aspects. Zumba is more of a cardio thing, yoga is balance/focus and some tone, and then pilates is all tone and core strength. If you're looking into joining a class, pick one that you think will fit with what you want. Yoga and Zumba are pretty easy to jump into as a beginner, pilates can be difficult since you need a strong core to hold the positions.
Psychedelic Trip Out
They're all equally beneficial since they all focus on different aspects. Zumba is more of a cardio thing, yoga is balance/focus and some tone, and then pilates is all tone and core strength. If you're looking into joining a class, pick one that you think will fit with what you want. Yoga and Zumba are pretty easy to jump into as a beginner, pilates can be difficult since you need a strong core to hold the positions.
thank you!!

Liberal Regular

7,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I love Zumba.

Inigay 's Husbando

Anxious Bloodsucker

I love any form of dance. It gets me up and active, is a total mood boost, and if you do it a lot, you get stronger in certain parts (depending what dance) and it's completely fun. It's also expressive, and can tell a story. Yoga, I do it in the middle of the night like at 3 am. when no one's up. I;ll just wake up, and do some yoga with the lady on tv. Pilates, I've never done/or know what it's about, so I can't help you there.

If you're trying to lose serious weight and have fun, do Zumba, P-90X or Insanity.
Ciel The Innocent
I love any form of dance. It gets me up and active, is a total mood boost, and if you do it a lot, you get stronger in certain parts (depending what dance) and it's completely fun. It's also expressive, and can tell a story. Yoga, I do it in the middle of the night like at 3 am. when no one's up. I;ll just wake up, and do some yoga with the lady on tv. Pilates, I've never done/or know what it's about, so I can't help you there.

If you're trying to lose serious weight and have fun, do Zumba, P-90X or Insanity.
I've tried P-90X but it's just so intense.

Inigay 's Husbando

Anxious Bloodsucker

BellaDecorum

It's only that way so your body doesn't hit that dreaded plateau, and get used to the workout. The closer your body gets to the weight it should be, it dosn't loose weight as easy, and will hit a plateau. You might not lose an ounce for weeks maybe if you don't mix it up. If it can't get used to the workout, it dosn't know what to do, so it gets rid of excess body weight, i.e., water weight, bodily fats. It's fantastic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff