Welcome to Gaia! ::

Animal Genius

So I've basically been sick with this cold/flu thing that has been going around, for about 3 weeks now. I think I'm finally over it, but there's still one problem. It seems that when I spend the day, or more specifically the night, at my boyfriend's house, I end up with this green/yellow mucus stuck to the back of my throat and I wake up with a swollen uvula. It's not so swollen that it's hard to breath or anything.. but definitely uncomfortable to swallow. However after being awake for awhile and talking, swallowing, and some throat clearing, my uvula seems to go back to normal. But the green/yellow mucus seems to stay there for most of the day. I can't cough this stuff up because it's stuck to the back of my throat... eventually it seems to go down my throat from swallowing and such, but it will come back multiple times during the day. It's really annoying.

Now when I go to my house and stay there for the night/day, I wake up with no swollen uvula, and I do still have a little bit of mucus but it's the normal clear/white color (which I figure it's just remnants from my illness). I'm just curious why I get the yellow/green mucus and swollen uvula while I'm at my boyfriend's house but not my own house. Coincidence maybe? At first I thought maybe his house was just a lot more dry than mine, but would that really change the color of mucus? Then I got to thinking that his room is REALLY dusty. They have central air and I think all the dust is coming from the air vent. I'm going to go out today and get a filter to put in there to trap the dust, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has any ideas of what this could be. It's really annoying and I'm starting to get paranoid, like if I go to my boyfriend's house at all then I will never get over this illness, or it will always come back.

He also has some mold in his bathroom and possibly a little bit in his room... could this be contributing to the problem? The mold in his room would be in the wood on his window because it gets damp sometimes because the seal isn't perfect. I wouldn't know how to go about getting rid of mold like that....

Divine Zealot

I think you've pretty much solved it. Combination of cleaning differences, the mold, it being dry and possibly changes in the area around the home. Something else to consider is an airborn allergen.
Certainly sounds like something environmental. You should probably be thinking more allergy than cold.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff