Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Lunatic

So I started getting into improving my body in January. Since then I've curbed my appetite and lost thirty pounds of pure laziness and unmotivated fat I gained after starting college.

I'm still not quite where I want to be weight wise, so I've started going for walks again (I am not a slow walker) and trying to do some floor exercises to ease myself back into working out.

Problem is, I don't have much of a clue about what exercises to do besides the limited knowledge I have from highschool gym class. I want to target my thighs, waist, stomach and biceps.

Tips and advice about how to best go about this would be much appreciated.

Hate to be the myth buster, but you can't target a specific area for weight loss. As you lose weight, it'll come off collectively around your body.

You can target tone specific areas, however, such as your arms & legs.

Bicep curls with dumbbells will help tone biceps, tricep dips will help your triceps.

Planks will help tone pretty much every part of your body.

Squats and lunges are good for thighs.

And then stomach you'd have to do crunches, sit ups, jack knives, Russian twists, bicycles, the such.

But if your goal is abs, those are made in the kitchen, or so I'm told.

Best of luck (:

Invisible Lunatic

Dylllie

Hate to be the myth buster, but you can't target a specific area for weight loss. As you lose weight, it'll come off collectively around your body.

You can target tone specific areas, however, such as your arms & legs.

Bicep curls with dumbbells will help tone biceps, tricep dips will help your triceps.

Planks will help tone pretty much every part of your body.

Squats and lunges are good for thighs.

And then stomach you'd have to do crunches, sit ups, jack knives, Russian twists, bicycles, the such.

But if your goal is abs, those are made in the kitchen, or so I'm told.

Best of luck (:

Thank you! Haha, no I wasn't really really expecting working out to help my weight loss on it's own. But I've heard that the more muscle you have the more calories your body burns on it's own.

You're right, what I need to do is tone. Thank you for your input (:
My favorite exercise is hula-hooping/hoop dancing. whee Plain old waist hooping really works the core and gets the heart rate up a bit. It can also work out other parts of the body, especially the arms. You can find hula hoops made for adults online starting around $35 (the ones in the store for five to ten bucks are made for kids which is why adults have a hard to impossible time trying to use them) the best places to look would be Amazon or Etsy. I went the DIY route and made my own, it's pretty easy and more cost effective if you want more than one hoop. For about $30 I got enough supplies to make around 8 to 10 hoops. Anyways, I could ramble on about hoops forever but, I won't. sweatdrop But, I suggest looking into hooping if you want to add a fun, low impact activity to your workout routine,

Dapper Codger

Eat maintenance to slowly lose fat and slowly build muscle. Eat at least your body weight in grams of protein.
Find a good free program on bodybuilding.com, and start lifting.

No, you won't get bulky. Men have 6x more testosterone than women, allowing them to build muscle so much faster. Women are extremely lucky if they gained 4 lbs of muscle per year, and that's if she's training regularly, following a solid program, and eating/resting properly.

Good luck!

Eat better and train regularly. smile
Right!! stare
jog, jog, jog~ doesnt matter how slow you jog either, as long as youre bouncing xD. of couse, running at a moderate pace is the best biggrin look up "plyometric exercises" on youtube as well, those are amazing for burning fat, but so hard to do continuously!! x3 good job working up to it!! you can do this!!

Desirable Genius

I recommend going on some jogs at least 1-3 times a week, maybe even jog to the gym and I usually go for a swim after a gym work out, try it if its your thing. Definately Zumba and belly dancing classes, Pilates, fitness classes theyre all super fun.
Abs and waiste- Full sit ups will help you tone your superficial abs, ab pulses (1/4 sit ups) will get your upper abs. Do it in variations, side alternation and raised legs. Bicycles, side sit ups, plank, side plank, supermans, push ups, scissors, lie down on either side and pulse your legs up or to the front in variation

Biceps- Pushups, lat pull down, chin ups, curling weights, lifting some free weights, arm pulses in variation (circular, up and down back and fourth) holding your arms out in front or to the side of you

Thighs: Flutter kicks while swimming, squats and squats in variation, squats and holding out your arms in front of you with free weights will access your thighs and biceps, squat with a barbbell, leg press, mountain climbing and mountain climbers, hiking, burpies, dancing at a club, martial arts class
Playing sports is a great way, and when your muscles get sore stretching is always nice. Goodluck on your quest to fitness smile

Desirable Genius

LocaCocaHernandez
I recommend going on some jogs at least 1-3 times a week, maybe even jog to the gym and I usually go for a swim after a gym work out, try it if its your thing. Definately Zumba and belly dancing classes, Pilates, fitness classes theyre all super fun.
Abs and waiste- Full sit ups will help you tone your superficial abs, ab pulses (1/4 sit ups) will get your upper abs. Do it in variations, side alternation and raised legs. Bicycles, side sit ups, plank, side plank, supermans, push ups, scissors, lie down on either side and pulse your legs up or to the front in variation

Biceps- Pushups, lat pull down, chin ups, curling weights, lifting some free weights, arm pulses in variation (circular, up and down back and fourth) holding your arms out in front or to the side of you

Thighs: Flutter kicks while swimming, squats and squats in variation, squats and holding out your arms in front of you with free weights will access your thighs and biceps, squat with a barbbell, leg press, mountain climbing and mountain climbers, hiking, burpies, dancing at a club, martial arts class
Playing sports is a great way, and when your muscles get sore stretching is always nice. Goodluck on your quest to fitness smile
working out to music helps as well, make a pump playlist biggrin
LocaCocaHernandez
LocaCocaHernandez

working out to music helps as well, make a pump playlist biggrin
low blood sugar leads to crankiness crankiness leads to eternal suffering.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff