Welcome to Gaia! ::

Big Receiver

ive been working out on and off for like 1-2 years now, usually by following internet exercise videos or lifting these 6 pound weights at home because im in school and i have no time for classes and s**t.
the thing is if i start working out the front muscle on the thigh and the back of the lower legs seem to change the most when i want an equal rate of change? its not like i can be sedentary for ages then suddenly do sit ups or those sideways scissor leg things.

so uh i just want to know like why does this happen and how do i even out the progress of working out?

(i mean id understand for the torso area because jesus christ sit ups hurt the tail bone and idk its boring for me so i dont do sit ups but i walk and dance and all sorts of s**t and only some parts are improving like holy hell mate)

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
I'm not really sure what you're asking.

What do you mean by they're changing?

What is your goal?

Big Receiver

Monster Pup

What is your goal?

basically i want to be evenly toned though i find that some body parts are improving faster than others? like some parts of my legs or arms etc
is that natural?

and gosh i dont really have a weight goal i just go by what i see idk im five and 1/2 inch and like 112 pounds though at the moment

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
byzantines
Monster Pup

What is your goal?

basically i want to be evenly toned though i find that some body parts are improving faster than others? like some parts of my legs or arms etc
is that natural?

and gosh i dont really have a weight goal i just go by what i see idk im five and 1/2 inch and like 112 pounds though at the moment

Lol I don't mean to be annoying but what do you mean by improving?

There are lots of different kinds of improvement: strength gains, size gains, endurance gains, fat loss, etc.

To generally answer your question, though:

You cannot target fat loss. So if that's what you're after, then there's really nothing you can do. Your genes dictate where the fat is lost and at what rate.

For strength, size, and endurance, it depends on how you're working your body. So you'll want to balance your workouts for balanced progress in these areas.

Big Receiver

Monster Pup
byzantines
Monster Pup

What is your goal?

is that natural?

There are lots of different kinds of improvement: strength gains, size gains, endurance gains, fat loss, etc.

You cannot target fat loss. So if that's what you're after, then there's really nothing you can do. Your genes dictate where the fat is lost and at what rate.

For strength, size, and endurance, it depends on how you're working your body. So you'll want to balance your workouts for balanced progress in these areas.

no man im sorry for being so vague hahaha
i guess size gains? because i could feel harder muscles in some areas more than others

do you know anything good for flexibility?

thanks for taking your time to answer me hhihihi

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
byzantines
Monster Pup
byzantines
Monster Pup

What is your goal?

is that natural?

no man im sorry for being so vague hahaha
i guess size gains? because i could feel harder muscles in some areas more than others

do you know anything good for flexibility?

thanks for taking your time to answer me hhihihi

For more comprehensive size gains, you'll want a more comprehensive workout. If you are working your legs more than other parts of your body, then that's why. If you're working everything evenly, I wouldn't worry about it either because when you first start gaining size and strength, things are always a little whack. You could be just compensating for a muscular imbalance you didn't know you had.

For flexibility... Just stretch lol. A great time to spend a few minutes stretching is after your workout, when your muscles are warm. You'll want to be really careful when stretching cold muscles. You can find a lot of different stretches to suit your needs all over the internet.

Blessed Mage

9,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
byzantines
ive been working out on and off for like 1-2 years now, usually by following internet exercise videos or lifting these 6 pound weights at home because im in school and i have no time for classes and s**t.
the thing is if i start working out the front muscle on the thigh and the back of the lower legs seem to change the most when i want an equal rate of change? its not like i can be sedentary for ages then suddenly do sit ups or those sideways scissor leg things.

so uh i just want to know like why does this happen and how do i even out the progress of working out?

(i mean id understand for the torso area because jesus christ sit ups hurt the tail bone and idk its boring for me so i dont do sit ups but i walk and dance and all sorts of s**t and only some parts are improving like holy hell mate)

First off, because I had to read this out loud to understand what you were saying, please do not type as you would speak normally. Pretend that you are writing a children's book, simple phrases that are easy for everyone to understand.

The best thing that you can do is combination moves (squats with shoulder presses for example). Work more than one group at a time.

If your sit-ups are hurting your tail bone, then you are doing them wrong. You are using your hips to get up, and not your abs. I have a small pilates ball that I do crunches with (better than sit ups) that goes at the small of my back. You actually get a wider range of motion. Also try planks and side planks while keeping your abs tight to work your upper and lower abs and obliques.

As for the equal rate of change, you are going to lose the fat where you last stored it. Legs are the hardest to lose fat from. Just keep doing squats until it hurts, going for more reps as time goes on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff