Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Tipper

7,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
I hope this is the right place for this.

Okay, so I'm 21 years old, and right now, I have one wisdom tooth fully emerged. It didn't hurt me and it never has. (It's on the top right side.) Now however, I think I have a second one emerging on the top right side. Again, it doesn't hurt.

If they aren't hurting me, do I need to get them checked out?

I can't afford a dentist visit and I have no insurance, so I'd rather not go if I don't have to. However, one of my biggest fears (and frequent nightmares) is losing my teeth or having teeth issues, so I'd really rather avoid that.

Anyone want to give me their stories/advice on this?

Divine Zealot

If it's not bothering you, then you should be fine.
There are two main concerns when it comes to wisdom teeth: Are they properly aligned? and Did they fully surpass the gums?

If your wisdom teeth come in and are aligned well with your other teeth (they don't push against existing teeth), and if they aren't sideways, you should be fine.

If your wisdom tooth doesn't surpass the gums it is impacted. They get stuck under the gum. This generally occurs because there isn't enough room in your mouth for the tooth to fully grow in. Impacted teeth tend to lead to infection. If your tooth is like your previous wisdom tooth, it sounds like it should be ok.

While you can kind of judge the state of your teeth based on these concerns, a dentist or oral surgeon will be able to give you the best direction. I would say it would be safe to wait awhile before getting checked out -especially since you're not feeling any discomfort. But getting checked out NOW is going to be MUCH CHEAPER in the long run. If you catch any problems now before they progress it's going to save you pain and money.

Stay safe and good luck!

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I'm 26 and I never noticed when they came in, but I only have 3.

Tipsy Millionaire

10,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
My bottom left one is ******** growing in SIDEWAYS. ******** life. It doesn't hurt, but I will have mine removed because... a sideways tooth can not be good.

Timid Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100
i think 3 of my wisdom teeth had grown in normally and the 4th one was slightly off, so my dentist suggested i get them all removed (which i did when i was 19) he thought that if they continued to grow they would have effected the work that my braces had done 5 years ago. i tihnk as soon as tehy start to hurt, that is when you should be getting them checked out

Anxious Hunter

3,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Dressed Up 200
If they aren't bothering you , then I wouldn't worry about it.. I mean, if they've already grown in with no issue, you know?

All of mine were jacked up it seemed. Two were ******** growing in sideways and were eventually going to turn my mouth into an episode of shark week by pushing my teeth. I encountered a bit of trouble with the bottom one barely breaking the gums and got infected. It was turrible. So, just opted to get all 4 cut out like a month ago. So, I hope you have better luck than me in that department! Take it easy.

Wheezing Plague

If it's not bothering you it's alright.
My teeth came out when I was 15. Last year (21 y. old), I removed one wisdom tooth because I had a pocket behind it that would catch food and I didn't notice it until the tooth started to hurt a bit. Try checking for those on your own. If you know you have them, be sure to brush carefully around that area to remove anything that might've gotten stuck 3nodding

Cute Spirit

15,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Hero 100
I currently have 2 wisdom teeth on the bottom row starting to emerge.
My dentist says I need them removed because I have no room for them.
I am also experiencing a bit of discomfort too. Once I have my last 2 captivities
filled in ( I had six captivities, I know crazy right?) my dentist will set me up with a surgeon
to get rid of them.

I wonder if I'll be allowed to keep afterwards lol.
At least I can look forward all the ice cream and pudding I can eat >:d
after surgery. (we can only have soft foods) I'm 25 o:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas