Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
i was 5'1", 105 pounds, and self-starving when i met a really great guy, who happens to be an MMA fighter and eats a lot. because i didn't want him to know about my self-starvation techniques, i started eating again. small portions, eating less than 1000 calories a day. i quickly gained 10 pounds in 3 months, then i got pregnant. when i had my miscarriage at 4 and a half months, i weighed 130. due to the miscarriage i started eating comfort foods, like fried chicken and mac and cheese. 2 months later, i was 150. i decided to stop with the comfort foods. i went back to eating less than 1000 calories a day. then i got birth control, and new psychiatric medication. 4 months after getting the bc and meds, i weighed 205. i decided to try eating even less to try and lose the weight. for the past 8 months, i have been eating between 200-1000 calories a day, only ever hitting over 500 if i am having insatiable chocolate cravings. i was not losing weight. so i decided to try "the coffee diet", which i found in a magazine. all i had to do was go from drinking 1 mug of coffee in the morning, to 2. i went down to about 200 in the first weed. 3 weeks after starting, i was still 200. so i talked to my psychiatrist about trying different meds, to try and lose weight. i went down to 190 lbs within the first month, and was suuuuper excited. but, it's now the end of the second month, and i weigh 195. i don't understand HOW. my "usual" day would be like this: 1 bowl honey bunches of oats with light soy milk OR 1 packet of instant low-sugar oatmeal OR half a bagel with neuchatel cheese (like cream cheese but half the calories and 1/3 of the fat) OR if i don't feel like having solid food i will have a carnation breakfast essentials drink; a sandwich OR bowl of ramen (with half the pack of seasoning to cut down on the sodium); either a single chicken breast OR one fish fillet, either one of them with vegetables OR a tuna melt (made with grated carrots and chopped celery, topped with 1 piece of cheese); and either a piece or two of chocolate or a cookie. i also snack on dried veggie chips (actual sliced-and-dried veggies, not those veggie-flavored potato chips) or fresh fruit throughout the day. not only that, but i've been throwing up a couple times a week (not intentionally, if i cough too hard i spew, and i smoke both weed and cigarettes, both of which make me cough), so on those days it's even less calories than usual because the food did not actually stay in my system. anyway, i am still 195 pounds... and i really don't know what else to do. i'm very tempted to go back to purging everything i eat, the only things helping me not to are the facts that i know it's damaging to your body, and because i already have issues from purging for years... my teeth are sensitive and my esophagus has some damage. i am very upset about all of this, and i'm not as healthy anymore. i used to ride my bike 3 miles to the mall, walk around for an hour or so, then bike back 3 miles... but now i can barely bike the mile to the library, i have to stop every few minutes to catch my breath and lower my heart rate. by the time i get to the library i am exhausted.

anyway... why can't i lose weight :<

also, i have no way to see a doctor, as i have no insurance and doctors don't accept food stamps as payment... plus i have no transportation to GET to a doctor if i could find one and had the money.

AND ALMOST FORGOT
please do not direct me toward diet pills. not only do they not work, but they cost money, which, as i said abovet, i DO NOT HAVE.

I HAVE BEEN GIVEN SOME GREAT ADVICE,
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP,
BUT YOU NO LONGER NEED TO POST,
I'M WORKING ON IT!

Benevolent Cutesmasher

i can't
i just can't

every time you make this thread, you get the same replies

i would like you to note down every bite, every sip of what you eat or drink, brand name and picture required, and times
for a week
put it all in a notepad file and put it on pastebin for me to review
also if you wish to get physical results
you have to move your body and leave the computer often
if you sit in front of the computer, your calories settle into your body as fat
calories are to be used as energy
if you do not leave the computer, you are burning minimal energy
you are fat because you do nothing but post online about how unhappy you are with your weight

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
fairly explicit

i can't
i just can't

i would like you to note down every bite, every sip of what you eat or drink, brand name and picture required, and times
for a week
you are fat because you do nothing but post online about how unhappy you are with your weight

i want to exercise but since i started my new medication i can't, i'm just EXHAUSTED. i've been sleeping during the day because i simply can't keep my eyes open.

and i keep trying because i want to hear from different people.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

Morbid Obesity
fairly explicit

i can't
i just can't

for a week

[/quote]i want to exercise but since i started my new medication i can't, i'm just EXHAUSTED. i've been sleeping during the day because i simply can't keep my eyes open.

no.
no.
you do not want to exercise.
you want to do those dumb vhs workouts, that concept strikes you as good physical stuff
and thats not whats going to help you
you need to move your body
you need to get up
put some dancey music on the stereo
turn off the computer, push your computer chair in under your desk
unplug the computer
stop looking for direct step by step instructions
move your body to the music
close your eyes
just make it a goal to move all your muscle groups
the ones that are around your shoulders and upper arms, move them
the ones that compose your upper legs

fold a pillow in half and put it between your thighs
cross your ankles and flex your thighs like you are trying to choke someone with your thighs
that was one of the videos i did online
scissor holds
pulse the flexing of your thighs
put your arms beneath you like you're in the up position of a push up
and flex your thighs to choke the pillow

stop making excuses
and do it
your excuses are keeping you fat

Benevolent Cutesmasher

'BUT I CAN'T...' is keeping you from losing weight

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
fairly explicit

no.
no.
you want to do those dumb vhs workouts, that concept strikes you as good physical stuff
you need to get up
unplug the computer
close your eyes

cross your ankles and flex your thighs like you are trying to choke someone with your thighs
scissor holds

stop making excuses
and do it

i have been exercising by riding my bike, but it's too cold out for that now. i have a walk away the pounds video, and i've used it before, but since this new medication i'm exhausted. once i get back on my haldol i'm going to go back to doing it. also i exercise by kickboxing and wrestling with my boyfriend, usually multiple times a day, every day, but i don't even have the energy for that since the new medication.

but i should be losing weight even without the exercise because of how much i have cut down on portion sizes, sugar, high fructose corn syrup and corn syrup solids, and have been snacking on stuff like berries and nuts instead of cookies and cake. today was the most calories i've taken in in probably 2 months, and that's because i made a 600 calorie grilled cheese sandwich, which i haven't had in over 2 years. i have been eating as soon as i possibly can after waking up, because breakfast jumpstarts your metabolism. and honestly, if i had it my way, that would be the only meal i'd eat in a day. but i force myself to eat because everyone says "starvation doesn't work, you actually need to eat throughout the day to lose weight".

Mega Cutie-Pie

Are there frequent cheat days where you have a high calorie day?If you really are consistantly eating less than 1000 its high unlikely you wouldnt be losing weight

Benevolent Cutesmasher

Morbid Obesity
fairly explicit

no.
no.
you need to get up
unplug the computer
close your eyes

scissor holds

stop making excuses
and do it

i have been exercising by riding my bike, but it's too cold out for that now. i have a walk away the pounds video, and i've used it before, but since this new medication i'm exhausted. once i get back on my haldol i'm going to go back to doing it. also i exercise by kickboxing and wrestling with my boyfriend, usually multiple times a day, every day, but i don't even have the energy for that since the new medication.

but i should be losing weight even without the exercise because of how much i have cut down on portion sizes, sugar, high fructose corn syrup and corn syrup solids, and have been snacking on stuff like berries and nuts instead of cookies and cake. today was the most calories i've taken in in probably 2 months, and that's because i made a 600 calorie grilled cheese sandwich, which i haven't had in over 2 years. i have been eating as soon as i possibly can after waking up, because breakfast jumpstarts your metabolism. and honestly, if i had it my way, that would be the only meal i'd eat in a day. but i force myself to eat because everyone says "starvation doesn't work, you actually need to eat throughout the day to lose weight".

if starvation works for your body, do it. it's your body, not everybody else's. just actively do SOMETHING.

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Canada-Is-OverrateD
Are there frequent cheat days where you have a high calorie day?If you really are consistantly eating less than 1000 its high unlikely you wouldnt be losing weight
no, i do not frequently have cheat days. today YESTERDAY i cheated and had a 649 calorie sandwich... and my total calories for the day was only around 1500.

fairly explicit

if starvation works for your body, do it. it's your body, not everybody else's. just actively do SOMETHING.
i already have heart problems from starving myself for 8 years, i don't want to make it worse.

however, i WILL keep a food journal, and i will show it to you after a week, like you said. i'm not taking pictures of the stuff though, i switched to a different phone, and it's not a smartphone and has no internet on it, so even though it has a camera i have no way to get the images online.

i have been thinking a lot about going back to self-starvation or purging, but i know it's sooooo bad for you. it's actually a lot more tempting to purge because even though i have no appetite, i enjoy the taste of food, and with purging i could eat alllll the junk i want. same with chew-and-spit. and i could do it without getting caught quite easily, as i am home alone for about 90% of the day.

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Musentango
And please don't destroy your body by starving yourself or inducing vomiting. Those are very damaging to your health, and are counterproductive to becoming healthy.
i know. i said i've been having the urge to, but haven't been acting on it.

Loyal Hunter

Morbid Obesity
fairly explicit

i can't
i just can't

for a week

i want to exercise but since i started my new medication i can't, i'm just EXHAUSTED. i've been sleeping during the day because i simply can't keep my eyes open.

I have a thyroid problem which causes sheer exhaustion sometimes if it's not normal. I have no medication. Sometimes exercise is the best medicine. It helps you feel great. I jump on the tredmill and I have for the past three days since we got one and it makes me feel great. I get bouncy and just want to speed up. eating very much less is likely what's causing you feel exhausted too. Most of the time if you are already having trouble and that can mess with your medication too.
I am unhappy with my weight but i am doing something about it. Only you can fix it. not b***h online.

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
sakura_blossom145
Morbid Obesity
fairly explicit

i can't
i just can't

for a week

I have a thyroid problem which causes sheer exhaustion sometimes if it's not normal. I have no medication. Sometimes exercise is the best medicine. It helps you feel great. I jump on the tredmill and I have for the past three days since we got one and it makes me feel great. I get bouncy and just want to speed up. eating very much less is likely what's causing you feel exhausted too. Most of the time if you are already having trouble and that can mess with your medication too.
I am unhappy with my weight but i am doing something about it. Only you can fix it. not b***h online.
i understand that people enjoy the endorphin rush of exercise, but i have to be really careful. i used to go to a gym, but all of the machines kicked me off because my heart rate goes really high. after 5 minutes of a slow walk on an elliptical, my heart rate was 180. that's wayyyyy not normal. and i am not okay-work-past-the-sleepy-feeling exhausted, i am oh-my-god-i've-only-been-awake-3-hours-i-want-sleep exhausted. but i DO exercise when i don't feel like this. i rode my bike a few times a week, but recently it got too cold for me to do that, and i have the walk-away-the-pounds dvd set and am willing to use it, but right now it's just not happening. once i get my medication changed back to what i was on before and i get my energy back, i'm fully planning on using it again. also, i wrestle and kickbox with my boyfriend multiple times a day, every day... except for the past week or so, because of the exhaustion.

Loyal Hunter

Morbid Obesity
sakura_blossom145
Morbid Obesity
fairly explicit

i can't
i just can't

for a week

i understand that people enjoy the endorphin rush of exercise, but i have to be really careful. i used to go to a gym, but all of the machines kicked me off because my heart rate goes really high. after 5 minutes of a slow walk on an elliptical, my heart rate was 180. that's wayyyyy not normal. and i am not okay-work-past-the-sleepy-feeling exhausted, i am oh-my-god-i've-only-been-awake-3-hours-i-want-sleep exhausted. but i DO exercise when i don't feel like this. i rode my bike a few times a week, but recently it got too cold for me to do that, and i have the walk-away-the-pounds dvd set and am willing to use it, but right now it's just not happening. once i get my medication changed back to what i was on before and i get my energy back, i'm fully planning on using it again. also, i wrestle and kickbox with my boyfriend multiple times a day, every day... except for the past week or so, because of the exhaustion.
walking that's all you have to do. Go for a walk and if you have a dog. Take him. Tredmills are your best bet for indoors.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff