Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Morbid Obesity
i'm addicted to cigarettes. i have tried to quit 4 times in the past 2 years, and i can't.

Hello Self Fulfilling Prophecy.

You can't quit smoking because you say you can't.

You can quit smoking. Tons of people quit smoking all the time. People that are older than you and have smoked longer quit every day. But keep smoking and one day weight may not be your big problem.

Someone earlier said you had motivation problems. After reading this, I think I'm going to agree with that Gaian.

Quitting smoking isn't easy. Losing weight isn't easy. Waiting for things to get easier is just procrastinating. Keep making excuses on why you can't do things means you'll just be unhappier with yourself longer. But hey, if that's what you want then go for it.
If your eating less than 1,000 calories a day your body is going into starvation mode and is desperately trying to save every single calorie you intake. So yes, by eating so little you are getting fat. You need at least 1,200 calories a day of healthy intake to lose weight and not starve your self of nutrients. Take some multi vitamins, get on a low fat vegan diet, have large 400 - 500 calorie breakfasts, and you know what working two jobs and still having to come home to take care of my family i am exhausted. but i find time to workout. less computer, more initiative.
Your body wants to protect itself. It's a natural all-old human survival tactic; when the body thinks there's no food available it SHUTS DOWN YOUR METABOLISM! It stores every small bit you give it as FAT because if there's no food available it needs that fat to live. You're exhausted because you're starving and your body doesn't want to expend the very few calories it gets. You crave chocolate because it's high fat and your body needs fat. Any time you go under 1500 calories a day you are lowering your metabolism. Period!

So here's what you do; start eating 1500 calories of high nutrient food with healthy fats like nuts and avacado. Lots of fresh produce. Eat a big carb loaded fatty breakfast every day to rev metabolism and give you energy. Then you'll have the energy to exercise. In the first month while your body is fixing itself you'll probably gain weight but don't give up. Eventually you'll be more energetic and your metabolism will correct itself only then will you be able to permanently loose the weight without hurting yourself.

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
Morbid Obesity
i started eating again. small portions, eating less than 1000 calories a day. i quickly gained 10 pounds in 3 months, then i got pregnant. when i had my miscarriage at 4 and a half months, i weighed 130. due to the miscarriage i started eating comfort foods, like fried chicken and mac and cheese. 2 months later, i was 150. i decided to stop with the comfort foods. i went back to eating less than 1000 calories a day.

Hello again Morbid Obesity smile I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage sad I sincerely wish you have watched those videos which I have linked you last month. If not, never too late, watch them whenever you can heart emotion_hug (your profile comment section...)

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/morbid-obesity/1963731/?mode=comments

I saw some pretty good advices.

Brilliantly said, these 3 gaians above me...

when you want to lose weight, you don't want to eat less,

Just cut out the crap, and load in the goods. Eat more nutrients dense food (I am talking about fruits and vegetables), and throw all those processed junk (bread, butter, cigars, make up, coffee) into rubbish bin. Buy no more new junk, buy fresh, eat fresh, stay fresh.

Look at Julia, she was pregnant and eats very healthy smile She is an inspiration to those who said it is not even possible to give birth to a baby by eating that. lol She gave birth to her baby and her baby is so cute and healthy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpQN-U81Elg

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Bobbarooi
If your eating less than 1,000 calories a day your body is going into starvation mode and is desperately trying to save every single calorie you intake. So yes, by eating so little you are getting fat. You need at least 1,200 calories a day of healthy intake to lose weight and not starve your self of nutrients. Take some multi vitamins, get on a low fat vegan diet, have large 400 - 500 calorie breakfasts, and you know what working two jobs and still having to come home to take care of my family i am exhausted. but i find time to workout. less computer, more initiative.

Aeri_Adore
Your body wants to protect itself. It's a natural all-old human survival tactic; when the body thinks there's no food available it SHUTS DOWN YOUR METABOLISM! It stores every small bit you give it as FAT because if there's no food available it needs that fat to live. You're exhausted because you're starving and your body doesn't want to expend the very few calories it gets. You crave chocolate because it's high fat and your body needs fat. Any time you go under 1500 calories a day you are lowering your metabolism. Period!

So here's what you do; start eating 1500 calories of high nutrient food with healthy fats like nuts and avacado. Lots of fresh produce. Eat a big carb loaded fatty breakfast every day to rev metabolism and give you energy. Then you'll have the energy to exercise. In the first month while your body is fixing itself you'll probably gain weight but don't give up. Eventually you'll be more energetic and your metabolism will correct itself only then will you be able to permanently loose the weight without hurting yourself.

hey guys, thanks for your input. i've talked to a couple of people who have told me to eat around 1200 calories a day, so i decided to do that. on the 4th i ate 1491, the 5th was 1281, and yesterday (the 6th) was 1170. i feel disgusting for eating so much... but i've actually lost a couple of pounds o.o so i'm going to continue to try to eat around 1200 a day.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
stop worrying about losing weight.
worry about eating healthy and weight management.
tone your body.
exercise your joints.

Weight loss is never the only goal. It's about good maintenance.
And what you're doing with your own self-image means you're not even beginning to comprehend what you're doing to yourself.

i mean, given your multiple threads here as well as the blow-up in the other (by the way, genderqueer and pansexuality are not terms you can throw around), you already are EXTRAORDINARILY confused with who you are and likely have been questioning yourself since the miscarriage.
There are grief counselors who work pro bono, to my knowledge. It's called research on your part.
First, work on your self image, and THEN worry about your weight. Or do both at the same time. Just don't neglect one over the other.

also NICORETE. or whatever its spelling. Get rid of your addictions. there are Addicts Anonymous things.

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Cecilia Davidson
stop worrying about losing weight.
worry about eating healthy and weight management.
tone your body.
exercise your joints.

Weight loss is never the only goal. It's about good maintenance.
And what you're doing with your own self-image means you're not even beginning to comprehend what you're doing to yourself.

i mean, given your multiple threads here as well as the blow-up in the other (by the way, genderqueer and pansexuality are not terms you can throw around), you already are EXTRAORDINARILY confused with who you are and likely have been questioning yourself since the miscarriage.
There are grief counselors who work pro bono, to my knowledge. It's called research on your part.
First, work on your self image, and THEN worry about your weight. Or do both at the same time. Just don't neglect one over the other.

also NICORETE. or whatever its spelling. Get rid of your addictions. there are Addicts Anonymous things.
i'm not "throwing them around". i AM pansexual and genderqueer.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Morbid Obesity
how old are you?

Because i can guarantee that you don't really grasp what they mean.

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Cecilia Davidson
Morbid Obesity
how old are you?

Because i can guarantee that you don't really grasp what they mean.
my age doesn't matter.

i am attracted to people of ALL genders. i have in fact dated a transsexual, she had male genitalia but she tucked and wore breast forms. unfortunately she dumped me, because she decided she wanted to be with a man.

and my first time telling someone that i wished i was a male, i was 5 years old. and i have that feeling on and off. sometimes i'm perfectly happy being a woman, other days my breasts and v****a disgust me, and i feel like i'm in the wrong body.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
whoever you're talking to about your back pain can help you with mental health resources.
i've said this already.
But instead of being merely confused, actually talk to someone who might be able to confirm rather than self-diagnose.

you can also talk to your doctor about cutting your nicotene and caffeine consumption

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff