Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lunatic

I used to take Whey Protein in about 17 gram portions roughly about one hour after exercising as that was how long it took to get home from the gym, however, I read recently that you are supposed to take it immediately after you finish your workout whilst your muscles are still in an anabolic state. I've been thinking about taking a bottle and a pouch of whey protein after work so I can mix it at the gym, if this is necessary, but does anyone know if it is worth it? I mean an hour isn't that long, but I guess it is already letting your muscles get oxygenated and repaired...
Any advice?

Divine Zealot

Sir Mortimer III
I used to take Whey Protein in about 17 gram portions roughly about one hour after exercising as that was how long it took to get home from the gym, however, I read recently that you are supposed to take it immediately after you finish your workout whilst your muscles are still in an anabolic state. I've been thinking about taking a bottle and a pouch of whey protein after work so I can mix it at the gym, if this is necessary, but does anyone know if it is worth it? I mean an hour isn't that long, but I guess it is already letting your muscles get oxygenated and repaired...
Any advice?

You'll be fine waiting the hour. I know some people wait 2 before eating anything at all after their bit of time in the gym.

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
No such thing as an anabolic window (what you're talking about) it all comes down to the daily amount of protein taken in. Depending on what your also looking for in your body, you should probably up the dosage of protien

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
No such thing as an anabolic window (what you're talking about) it all comes down to the daily amount of protein taken in. Depending on what your also looking for in your body, you should probably up the dosage of protien

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff