Welcome to Gaia! ::

Try carmex!
It's good for extremely chapped lips, cold sores and it has a nice cooling effecct after application from the menthol!
Rubbing them with a soft towel right after shower to remove skin flakes, then putting on a layer of 'locobase repair'. Usually gives a quick-fix overnight.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Chapstick brand chapstick or Burt's Bees chapstick. And not licking my lips. And staying hydrated.

Business Werewolf

the knees bees duh

Time-traveling Senshi

I use Burt's Bees but there are times when that won't heal the cracks, the parts where I've chewed off the flaky skin, and the stuff growing back. That's when I break out the Neosporin. They have a line of lip treatments that you can buy that heal lips in three to five days of consistent use.

Romantic Lunatic

As others have said...
1. Get rid of the "dead" skin. By means of taking an extra- soft toothbrush and rubbing it over you lips, or a towel after you shower.
2. I would suggest have a treatment for day and night. Something that has a little bit of flavor for the day, and then something that is medicated for night / sleep.
3. Stay hydrated.

Friendly Explorer

8,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Any time I have chapped lips, or feel my lips are going to be chapped, I use regular medicated Blistex.
It always works for me.

Magnetic Fairy

11,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Marathon 300
Sailor Blue Rose
As others have said...
1. Get rid of the "dead" skin. By means of taking an extra- soft toothbrush and rubbing it over you lips, or a towel after you shower.
2. I would suggest have a treatment for day and night. Something that has a little bit of flavor for the day, and then something that is medicated for night / sleep.
3. Stay hydrated.
The day/night routine is a great idea; I hadn't thought of that.

Dapper Explorer

piparminttukaramelli
I usually put on a layer of Chapstik and then a layer of Bath and Body Works lip shine. The second one is a bit expensive but one tube lasts a pretty long time.

Before bed I do the same: I'll layer on some lip balm of choice (lately I've been shamelessly using Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter), and then I'll use a much thicker layer of a more intense hydration (while I did use a BBW lip shine previously, I'm liking my Blistex Moisture Melt lately). I will take looking awful when I sleep over dry, cracked lips any day.

I'm also pretty good for keeping lip balm on me at all times. When I get ready in the morning I use my Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter (again), but I generally use eos throughout the day. I've found it's stuck pretty well, but next time I'd like to get a lip balm from The Body Shop. I liked one that I got a few years back there.
pistasheo
Try carmex!
It's good for extremely chapped lips, cold sores and it has a nice cooling effecct after application from the menthol!

And the suggestions under mine about rubbing your lips with a toothbrush or towel reminded me of a sweeter alternative that you can carry around!
Try a drop of olive oil, some honey, and a bit of brown sugar. It's a great exfoliator and leaves your lips tasting sweet!

Winter Wraith's Compadre

Blessed Genius

6,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Put Vaseline or Carmex on every couple of hours or so, especially when you're going out into the cold weather. Drink plenty of water as well.

Tipsy Raider

EOs, Burt's Bees, or Chapstick brand usually work.
Also, I like to get a small corner of a washcloth damp in warm water and rub my lips in small circles. Similar to using a skin scrub.

5,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
I use paw paw cream, that stuff does wonders. Now that I think about it, I my lips are kinda dry. neutral *goes to get some*

Rainbow Smoker

I just use chapstick 24/7. So my lips never get the chance to get chapped. pirate

Cheery Sweetheart

EOS balm, Rosebud lip balm (I use Brambleberry Rose), or Sugar lip treatments by Fresh. The last one's pretty expensive, I got a set of two as a birthday bonus from Sephora and I've been hesitant to buy more, but I do because they're REALLY good.

Also, I use an exfoliating scrub. I make mine, by mixing sugar with a bit of honey, and rubbing my lips together with it on, then wiping it off. I know LUSH and a few other brands make them, but I've never bought one, I've just used my homemade version. You can google for recipes for them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff