Welcome to Gaia! ::

I come on here and keep seeing people giving the advice to eat low fat alternatives to food or to cut fat out of the diet, when high fat low carb diets have been proven to be more effective at weight loss (I'll go grab some citations for this in a sec)

You guys need to understand that while some fats are bad, some are really good for you! I didnt change my diet just added coconut oil in (its a kind of saturated fat, but is a good saturated fat) and my body fat percentage has dropped!

So gaians, why you no like fat?

Dapper Ladykiller

Fat just has really bad connotations. I think it's mostly an issue of health education -shrug-

Plus, a lot of fatty foods that are in MOST people's are pretty bad in general. Potato chips, huge burgers, fried foods, etc etc. When the average person cuts out fat, they cut a lot of really bad foods out of their diet!! For people who are more health conscious, it makes a lot more sense to get our fats from avacados and good oils, etc

Familiar Foe

Your body is designed to use carbs as its first source of energy. Fats as its secondary, then proteins as its third. High carb diets are simply more energy effective that way as opposed to high protein or high fat diets. Whether or not you lose weight that way, that's what our bodies are evolved for.
I don't know. People are just plain stupid and uneducated. Just check the posts above me lol. Fats have bad things to them and good things just like anything else. One thing everyone should avoid though is trans fat. That's ******** disgusting artificial man made s**t. And sadly that's what people nowadays eat, whether they're fat or not.

Aged Sex Symbol

Because "fat" is how we refer to the overweight. So of course people assume ingesting fat makes you fat.

That association isn't going to go away any time soon.

Time-traveling Senshi

If I tell people to do something with fat it's to cut out the bad fat and increase more of the good fats in their diet. That's the thing right there. That's what I believe you mean when you talk about a high fat and complex carbohydrate diet. You don't want to go hog wild on all fats but rather increase things like Omega-3s by eating more cold-water fish, nuts, oils and seeds and increasing the amount of dark leafy green vegetables. In fact, you want to get as many kinds of Omega-3s as possible because one of them can not be produced by our bodies and it's essential to our overall health. The thing is we need to cut down on the amount of processed and fast foods we eat and increase the consumption of things like lean meats and poultry. Pretty much we want to strive for 30 to 35 percent of our calories coming from unsaturated fats. Go below twenty percent and we are on the path to some health issues.

because they're not effective long term.
most people eat good fats and don't know it, I haven't really noticed much about anti-fat on gaia, maybe anti body fat, but not consumption, obviously there is the typical idea of healthy eating we must follow, many nuts have fat and people don't know that, but fat makes cardio somewhat difficult, so stick to chicken or veggies in your preworkout meal, or it could be cut short with cramps

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
I don't have problems with fat at all. anything fresh and whole has fat in it. It's the extracted processed fat I have huge issue with. Those aren't great for my body. When I eat grease food (I am not even talking about fast food junk, nor packaged snacks, just grease food), my body feel sick (from my face has more oil - oily skin, to fatigue, acne, etc)

I love what you said though - bad fat out, good fat in smile I do not mind taking in more fat from whole food one day and have less fat from whole food on the other day... I do try not to over do that kind thing nor turns that into a habit/excuse.

Romantic Otaku

13,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Blame Hollywood, thats a first.
Then blame those ******** so called organic companies,
then blame doctors who were paid by the company to advise you. >_>

Dapper Noob

People should only eat fruits and vegetables in my opinion.

Dapper Noob

z_F3TU5_z
People should only eat fruits and vegetables in my opinion.

Oh and seafood. I almost sounded like some veggie douche bag

Shirtless Smoker

4,800 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I hate fat chicks.

I love fatty foods.

Tipsy Exhibitionist

11,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Love Machine 150
Because fatty foods makes people think about McDonalds and all of it's glourius awesomeness
SS_ShitStorm
Because "fat" is how we refer to the overweight. So of course people assume ingesting fat makes you fat.

That association isn't going to go away any time soon.

Then am I to assume if I eat a lot of green foods, my skin will turn green?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff