Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Conventioneer

8,925 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Hi! I need to write and essay on how culture effects what sports people like, and so I'm looking for people to interview. The things I would like to know are:
1. Your age
2. Your ethnicity
3. How active you are
4. Your favorite sport or sports and why
5. Anything else you want to add.

Thank you so much in advance! smile

Shy Citizen

4,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
1. Your age (22)
2. Your ethnicity (Caucasian; White)
3. How active you are (Reasonable)
4. Your favorite sport or sports and why (Tennis, Badminton and Archery. The latter for the competitive side of it, and the other two just sort of... felt right.)
5. Anything else you want to add. (*sips tea*)

Shy Conventioneer

8,925 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
sparrowsign
1. Your age (22)
4. Your favorite sport or sports and why (Tennis, Badminton and Archery. The latter for the competitive side of it, and the other two just sort of... felt right.)

Thank you!

Shy Citizen

4,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
AnnaStar11
sparrowsign
1. Your age (22)

Thank you!

No problem!

Wheezing Fatcat

1. Your age

2. Your ethnicity
white

3. How active you are
fairly active, probably 4 - 5 days per week

My favorite sport to do is competitive air rifle (and other marksmanship sports). I like the concentration and mental focus that marksmanship requires, and I like that it's just as much an independent sport as it is a team sport. I don't think hiking counts as a sport, but that's my other favorite thing to do. My favorite sports to watch are ice hockey, speedskating and F1 racing because they're so fast paced.

I wasn't sure if it needs clarified, but I'm from the US.

Shy Conventioneer

8,925 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
piparminttukaramelli

Thank ya!

Hilarious Humorist

8,375 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
AnnaStar11
Hi! I need to write and essay on how culture effects what sports people like, and so I'm looking for people to interview. The things I would like to know are:
1. Your age
2. Your ethnicity
3. How active you are

Thank you so much in advance! smile

1. 16
2. chinese
3. uh, I guess a lot because i practice six days a week usually twice a day.
4. Volleyball and weightlifting! Just being in a team sport in general is one of the best things you could do. I just love the family connection you build with your team. Weightlifting even though its a individual sport the best part is being able to push yourself to get better and better. All the training you do may seem pointless and tiring, but it's all worth it in the end!
5. yay, glad to help!

Divine Zealot

1. Your age: 24
2. Your ethnicity: Caucasian
3. How active you are: Mildly. Mostly chores.
4. Your favorite sport or sports and why: Soccer. I like that it's not so hand-focused
5. Anything else you want to add: The Captcha was "Jack be nimble."

Excalibruh's Princess

1. Your age
2. Your ethnicity
Russian;White
3. How active you are
Was very active, playing/running 5 times a week
but not anymore for last 2 months since I have a bad problem in my knees for a while sad
TENNISSS.
I have played tennis mostly my whole life. I was kind of born into it(of course im russian. we rule the tennis courts!). When i was younger i was like wth why am i even playing this is not fun at all but as i kept playing and started to do tournaments and getting on a team, tennis was something that was fun for me. Now that Im 15, tennis is so serious 0.0 everybody is so strong and powerful sometimes im like SHIATT I NEED TO PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. Even though I said that tennis is fun, theres a lot of hard work, so much running practicing. especially when I started doing high school tennis O.O you will die. I died. We would have to run a whole mile without stopping and it was so annoying because there was these twins who were like the speed of light and sometimes lap the slow people... (heh like me) and the coach would be like If you guys get lapped by the twins you better pick up your pace next time. LOL.
Oh I want to add that when I got my injury(I have patella tenderitis, which is pain in the knee caused by overuse of running; Kobe Bryant had it too! haah) I never realized how much I miss tennis. When I started going to physical therapy (still going to it) I was like yay no more tennis no more running but after a while, Im like omg im so freaking fat now since i dont do anything ahah. plus it was like something was missing kind of, cuhs i play tennis like 4 to 5 times a week even 6 depending if theres a game i have, not playing when most of what i did was play is so weird for me.

wow i wrote a lot.. oh well.

Fatcat

14,440 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Object of Affection 150
AnnaStar11

1. Your age: 16
2. Your ethnicity: Asian
3. How active you are: School days: 5/7, holidays, every other day OTL this is why i cant do cross country lol..
Soccer: I came to love this sport because it was a way for me ( a girl) to stand up to the boys when I was little. I mean, if you could get the ball away from a guy, the other guys would have more respect. Soon I actually became on par with them in terms of speed and strength and it became my recess games biggrin
Running in general: In my school, im one of the fastest girls. But my school kinda sucks, so that doesn't say alot.. But I just love to run, because the adrenaline is LKFJLSKJDLfj. It is also the cheapest sport to take part in. All you need is running shoes, and you can run anywhere, for as long as you want biggrin
Touch Rugby: Closest thing to football/Rugby. Them sexist administrators >: 0 nothing too physical~ Speed and defense and strategy is everything in Touch biggrin Felt right~
You should probably ask about males and female cuz that does make a difference when it comes to sports.. Good luck with your interview!

Waffles

1. Your age

2. Your ethnicity
Chinese

3. How active you are
During school: At the rec centre 2-3 times a week
During the holidays: 5-6 times a week

Swimming: Good cardio workout. Easier on your joints as well.
Volleyball: Something that doesn't involve that much running, as opposed to basketball/soccer, but can be friggin' intense as well.

Female, born and raised in Canada in case it makes a difference
1. Age

2. Ethnicity

White

3.How active are you?

Lower than average. I workout when I can which only seems to be once a week if that.

4.You favorite sports and why

Roller Derby: Nothing makes you feel more like a bad a** than a good block. Plus the work out is amazing, when I was on a team I had the such nice legs.

5.Anything else you want to add?
I'm not exactly the athletic type.

Nerd

1. 17
2. Chinese
3. Maybeee, once a week.
4. Track! Because I have no coordination, so I run. Good thing I like running.
5. This: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hilarious Genius

1. 21
2. White
3. I train 5/week and I play hockey, tennis, I run 10k three times a week.
4.I'd say tennis since you can only rely on yourself and your talent!

Gracious Raider

1. Your age 22

2. Your ethnicity White

3. How active you are Extremely, 2-3 workouts a day, except weekends when it's one. More so when doing field training and it's 24 hours of running around, in full battle rattle, maneuvering the landscape and engaging training targets.

4. Your favorite sport or sports and why I don't do any sports myself, I don't really have time to do anything but go workout on my own. But to watch, would have to be World's Strongest Man. Highland Games can be pretty fun to watch. And because they're about individuals who saw something they wanted and worked harder than anyone else to get it. Pro-athletes in football and such were always doing it since they were little, World's Strongest, they weren't basically brought up solely to do it. They do it out of pure love of doing it, not millions of dollars. Magnus Samuelsson, who is one of the most successful competitors, was always a full time farmer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces