Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Genius

As the title implies, I HATE exercise. However, I desperately need to lose weight. There was a solution but after talking to my cousin (she's a genius, by the way. no kidding) she told me that Chinese medicine is not regulated by the FDA and if something happens to me, there's no way to trace it. Besides, the solution was $600.00!

With that being said, does anyone know good (and fast) ways to lose weight without exercising?
Start weight?
If you are underweight or normal it will be difficult to lose weight ... if you are obese then it will be easier.

Weight loss is 80% diet 20% exercise.

Eat your BMR

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Madame de Sousa
Start weight?
If you are underweight or normal it will be difficult to lose weight ... if you are obese then it will be easier.

Eat your BMR

Eating at your BMR to lose weight isn't efficient if you're significantly overweight because of something to do with the calculation it uses and it doesn't take individual metabolisms into account. I'm about 219 pounds and 5ft 4in tall and it tells me to eat approximately 1700 calories, but when I ate that many calories, my weight hardly went down at all - maybe one pound a month.

I don't know how heavy the original poster is, but if she's as heavy and tall as I am, eating at BMR is a surefire way to get discouraged because the pounds are gonna come off at a snail's pace.

Fashionable Genius

Super Fightin Prototype
Madame de Sousa
Start weight?

Eat your BMR

Eating at your BMR to lose weight isn't efficient if you're significantly overweight because of something to do with the calculation it uses and it doesn't take individual metabolisms into account. I'm about 219 pounds and 5ft 4in tall and it tells me to eat approximately 1700 calories, but when I ate that many calories, my weight hardly went down at all - maybe one pound a month.

I don't know how heavy the original poster is, but if she's as heavy and tall as I am, eating at BMR is a surefire way to get discouraged because the pounds are gonna come off at a snail's pace.

Hi, everyone! Thanks for replying to my post. I'm 5'0 and 160LBS. By the way, what's a BMR? And if eating it doesn't work, what does?

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

kareuhhlyssuhh1
Super Fightin Prototype
Madame de Sousa
Start weight?

Eat your BMR

Hi, everyone! Thanks for replying to my post. I'm 5'0 and 160LBS. By the way, what's a BMR? And if eating it doesn't work, what does?

BMR is Basal Metabolic Rate, the amount of calories you'd supposedly need if you were in a coma.

Since you're significantly shorter than I am, I don't really feel comfortable telling you how much you should eat. You could try eating a bit below your BMR but you might not be satisfied with the results. I don't really know because as you get closer to a normal weight, BMR becomes more relevant and you might not be as overweight as I thought. sweatdrop At the very least, it's a starting point to go off of.

Here is the calculator I often see people linking to, and what I tried using when I was still counting calories.

4,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
most of your weight is due to eating habits, bottom like is stop eating 4 hours before you are about to sleep, and eat within an hour of waking up. it does a world of difference.

Smol Cutie-Pie

24,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
There isn't a healthy way to lose weight fast. Losing weight and keeping it off is a slow process that takes work. Moving your body, however, is very important in trying to shed the pounds. If you don't like to exercise studies have shown simply walking 30 minutes everyday gives tremendous results.

I can't tell you how much you need to lose but if you're wanting to be healthier the first thing to look at is your diet. It's super easy to change your diet around. I have friends who use Fitness Pal religiously. You can keep a journal of whatever you eat.

Enduring Codger

Eat right and count your calorie intake.
And drink Green Tea; the polyphenols within Green Tea helps to burn calories faster and stave off hunger and the plus side it's natural tea.

And that's about all I can think of, other than starving yourself and dietary supplements; which I don't recommend.

If you hate exercise then you don't want to lose weight badly enough. Get off your a** and go.

Fashionable Phantom

I agree with Shamrock (see reply above). I used to hate exercise as well.
Now I adore it. It's a hobby of mine and I feel amazing while/after I do it. After you see the difference it makes in your form, and the other benefits (basically it's a natural antidepressant as well) it'll grow on you.

Now that I've gotten into the habit of exercising consistently, I don't want to stop. I actually wish I could exercise MORE often... but then I'd probably end up hurting something.
I know exercise can incite feelings of dread, but it's vital for a healthy lifestyle. It's important for your focus to not lose weight, but to be healthy. Obviously, diet is vital. Hormones are key as they guide your metabolic processes. Exercise is the kicker as it not only helps you lose weight, but strengthens your body. Your muscle mass and bone density increase, your fat decreases, and the quality (not just quantity) of your muscle improves. Exercise is the best medicine, in all honesty! Just find a program you can keep up. Make goals. Have accountability partners. Heck, watch youtube videos and exercise throughout your day (there are even small actions you can while brushing your teeth) because the small things add up. 30 minutes is the minimum recommended amount of exercise, but it has shown to bring improvement when split up into three 10 minute sessions.

Hope this helped!

Bashful Lover

Really all it is to losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise.
A good way to start is to simply watch what you are eating, and pay attention to SERVING SIZE. Simply cutting out certain foods, and limiting yourself to others will make a big difference. I can say personally it worked for me and does make a difference. Eat more fruits and vegetables, stay away from any processed foods (chips, ice cream, sodas, candies, and just any bagged/made in bulk food) .
And even though you don't like to exercise, it should be part of any healthy lifestyle. It does not to be anything big, but simply going out for a walk or just getting out of the house.
Honestly, I'd recommend the paleo diet. It's not just some fad diet. Here's an article on it: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10/04/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/

Basically, you don't eat any processed sugars or grains ever, but you can eat whatever you want whenever you want as long as it's paleo. I personally think it's really easy to do because it doesn't involve counting calories or starving yourself and you can eat whenever you're hungry. You'll have to stay away from things like bread and pasta though, and obviously things like candy. I'm the same height as you and it helped me get into better shape, so it should help you lose weight as well.

Even if you hate exercise, try weightlifting. It won't bulk you up, trust me. It'll build dense muscle that'll make you look more toned, especially if you're pushing your muscles to the limit with as much weight as you can manage. Also, weightlifting burns more calories than running will because most likely you won't run enough in order to burn the amount of calories you need to. So yeah, I think running sucks too. Weightlifting is my go to.

Wealthy Entrepreneur

You can lose a bit, but you won't lose a lot, you won't get muscles. You think all the people who are skinny/fit LIKE exercising? Sure, some of them do, some of them like it because it keeps the weight off, the most of them HATE it, but do it cause they HAVE to.

Sorry if you don't wanna hear this, but the only way to lose A LOT of weight, in the healthy way is to get off your a** and make yourself better. heart
kareuhhlyssuhh1
WEIGHTLOSS WITHOUT EXERCISE

oh cmon stare

you know having good health also makes love and pleasure all the more an enjoyable. Everything you do will be more intense, your trials and tribulations will be easier to shrug off, and you'll have more drive to achieve what you want.

Get to it women!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces