Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
Hello, im holli.
im 14 years old and i weigh... well just too much. .-.
anywho.
i'm trying to find the best ways to loose weight. i need to know which foods to eat and what not.
i know the basics but i get different opinions from different sources,
i also would like tips and tricks,
some good workouts too?

and if your a personal trainer or dietition of some sort, please help me!
i need one bad!

Thanks for your help guys. smile
bump , good luck holli emotion_awesome
what are some foods you eat in a typical day?

how often do you exercise?

Friendly Friend

No whole grains, no soy
Thats a good place to start

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
paleopdx

hmm... i drink milk and maybe eat a sandwich or pasta. i dont eat much now.

And excercise is daily. i have gym class and we run alot, so that makes up for it. i excercise at home occasionally too (:

Newbie Noob

Eat healthily, work out more. It's simple.

And when I mean "eat healthily", I don't mean "eat less". Just substitute your usual junk food for something more rich in nutrients.

And when I mean "work out", I don't mean "go to the gym and drink protein like mad". Just do some basic exercise for an hour every day or every other day.

That's a good start.

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
ReZerDDC
No whole grains, no soy
Thats a good place to start

thankyou smile
Whoribble
paleopdx

And excercise is daily. i have gym class and we run alot, so that makes up for it. i excercise at home occasionally too (:

Pasta and bread are not really good foods to eat if you want to lose weight. Eat more fruits and vegetables, and if you eat grains, eat them in small quantities.

Running is a great cardio workout. Obviously if you run a lot, you will gain muscle in your legs. Consider doing strength training on your abs and arms in addition to running. Pushups and situps are great and you don't need any special equipment. Strength training is what helps you build muscle, and having muscle burns fat and increases your metabolism.

Plus, strengthening your core muscles will make you a better runner.

If you have a smartphone, consider downloading the Nike Training Club app. It will direct your workouts, kind of like having a personal trainer.
From personal experience... the only way it worked for me was extreme intense exercise. Working out 1-3 hours a day, and eventually doubling my entire workout. Cardio 1-2 hours and strength/body maintenance .5-1 hours.

See, the cardio could include anywhere from 5 mins walking to school and 5 minutes walking home. then maybe if you have a gym nearby or treadmill in your basement, at least get an hour of cardio a day... whether walking or running.

Unfortunately, once you continue to walk the same routine, your body can adapt to the walking and will eventually stop burning as many calories as you would had you walked every other day.
I would reccomend for starters, incriments.
Say... 8 minutes walking, 10 minutes jogging, 4 minutes running, and continue to switch off or find the best routine to suite your abilities and continue to add on.

Then to end it, I realized that the cardio didn't do much unless I also punched in a few pushups and situps.
Get at least 10-15 pushups and situps a day after your cardio, and you should have a pretty nice routine going.

Note...this is what I do, and it works for me. Everyone's body is different. You'll find it....just keep pushing yourself.

Don't forget, half the battle is to fight on! biggrin

Best wishes!

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
paleopdx
Whoribble
paleopdx

Pasta and bread are not really good foods to eat if you want to lose weight. Eat more fruits and vegetables, and if you eat grains, eat them in small quantities.

Running is a great cardio workout. Obviously if you run a lot, you will gain muscle in your legs. Consider doing strength training on your abs and arms in addition to running. Pushups and situps are great and you don't need any special equipment. Strength training is what helps you build muscle, and having muscle burns fat and increases your metabolism.

Plus, strengthening your core muscles will make you a better runner.

If you have a smartphone, consider downloading the Nike Training Club app. It will direct your workouts, kind of like having a personal trainer.

Yes i know the typical foods i eat arent good for dieting, but i also cannot disobey my loving mother. >.<

So i mean sometimes i can try to get away with it but not always, so im trying to go more towards the excercise category,

My main targets are just my stomach and thighs, thats all i really need in my opinion. do you know of any special workouts i can do?

And Thanks for the app, but is it free to download?

Thanks so much(:

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
FreshBe_
From personal experience... the only way it worked for me was extreme intense exercise. Working out 1-3 hours a day, and eventually doubling my entire workout. Cardio 1-2 hours and strength/body maintenance .5-1 hours.

See, the cardio could include anywhere from 5 mins walking to school and 5 minutes walking home. then maybe if you have a gym nearby or treadmill in your basement, at least get an hour of cardio a day... whether walking or running.

Unfortunately, once you continue to walk the same routine, your body can adapt to the walking and will eventually stop burning as many calories as you would had you walked every other day.
I would reccomend for starters, incriments.
Say... 8 minutes walking, 10 minutes jogging, 4 minutes running, and continue to switch off or find the best routine to suite your abilities and continue to add on.

Then to end it, I realized that the cardio didn't do much unless I also punched in a few pushups and situps.
Get at least 10-15 pushups and situps a day after your cardio, and you should have a pretty nice routine going.

Note...this is what I do, and it works for me. Everyone's body is different. You'll find it....just keep pushing yourself.

Don't forget, half the battle is to fight on! biggrin

Best wishes!

Thank You so much, that's just what i was looking for, basically everyone i asked just said "run". you gave me the specific answer i was looking for and i will definitely try it and adjust it accordingly (:
Whoribble

Thank You so much, that's just what i was looking for, basically everyone i asked just said "run". you gave me the specific answer i was looking for and i will definitely try it and adjust it accordingly (:

I can definitely relate. It's not all about doing one thing excessively at all. I hate how some people can tell you that. It's definitely all about that one person and how their body works best.

I also noticed you looking for workouts.
This is an ab increment I do:

5 mins crunches, straight.
1 min mason twists. (add weights if you'd like to)
-1 min crunches.
1 min leg drops (scissors... whichever works for you)
-1 min crunches.
1 min bicycles.

If you have a question about one of these workouts, I'll find some links explaining them w/ pictures.

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
FreshBe_
Whoribble

I can definitely relate. It's not all about doing one thing excessively at all. I hate how some people can tell you that. It's definitely all about that one person and how their body works best.

I also noticed you looking for workouts.
This is an ab increment I do:

5 mins crunches, straight.
1 min mason twists. (add weights if you'd like to)
-1 min crunches.
1 min leg drops (scissors... whichever works for you)
-1 min crunches.
1 min bicycles.

If you have a question about one of these workouts, I'll find some links explaining them w/ pictures.

i understand, thanks for the workouts, ill definitely try them.

c:
The formula to weight loss is energy out more than energy out. I maybe a newbie but I am a qualified personal trainer and a weight management trainer. ^^

For starters it is recommend do around 25 minutes of cardio workout 3 times a week which can be jogging, step ups anything that gets your heart beating and sweating, or even just a quick 30 minute walk for starters.

When you do cardio you use 50% fat and 50% of carbs as your energy source for the first 20 minutes of your workout and after that more fat is used.

I would also recommend you to build up a bit of muscle as well, as muscles help you burn fat. Work out on your major muscles such as your abs, back, butt, thighs, chest.

A great one would be crunches for your abs,
as for your butt, something called bridges,
as for thighs, a squat up against the wall if you are a beginner.
as for back, tricep dips, which also tone your triceps as well
and your chest, a knee push up.

Even though it is recommended you have 3 bowls of rice as your daily carbohydrate intake, I found that cutting out a lot of the carbohydrate, such as bread, pasta, rice, and eat a lot of lean protein and vegs helped me shed the pounds but remember, it's okay to have some carbs, I personally wouldn't cut all the carbs out of your diet.

Hope this long long post helped but I haven't proof read it so if it doesn't make sense, just ask the questions, I will try to help as much as I can.
Everyone is making this so complicated for you.
Want to lose weight 1 thing Calorie Deficit. Your body naturally burns calories while your awake.
You dont have to exercise to lose weight.
I dont know your height and body type to tell you how many calories to eat.
You can eat 1.5k calories and your body natrually uses 1.5k calories So you eat -300 calories. Or eat 1.5k calorioes and burn it off through cardio. Screw crunches Abs are made in the kitchen. Eat Clean, Eggs in the mourning or oatmeal, eat chicken and fish, its really simply. Also you gotta tell yourself you want to lose weight!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff