Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mythical Nymph

14,375 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Friendly 100

Okay guys, This is a bit of a long story and one that is hard for me to post, but meh I need some tips/advice.

July of last year I finally decided to deal with my weight problem. I've always been over weight but after having my son I decided I wanted to be healthy so I can be around for him. I started a slim fast plan, and stuck to it. I started walking everyday, sometimes 2-5 times a day (distance varied). Before my iPod disappeared I added an app called (Striive aka Walkathon) to my program later. It helped to record data like estimated calories burnt, how far you walked ect.

I've been sticking to this as religiously as possible and on the months I haven't been able to afford my Slim Fast I eat organic food. This way I am still eating as healthy as possible,

I went from 289 pounds down to 245, This is happy news for me! (I went to my doctor approximately 2 weeks ago) First time I have been on a scale since I started this. Now the weight loss has been slow, but healthy. The weight is staying off.

I went from a size 26w in pants down to a 18w-20w depending on how they are made, And from a size 3x shirt to a 1-2x depending on if I want room for under armor to fit comfortably underneath. And even then a 1x is kinda of baggy.

However in the past month or so, I have noticed that it has been really hard to lose weight. I feel like I am stuck at this point. Which this happened once before and it sucked.

I really need some advice guys. My doctor told me to just stick with the organic diet and to focus on exercising a little more. While a take his advice to heart, it didn't work last time and he was the same doctor I had then. Only difference between this time and last time is I have managed to keep from regaining weight, and I'm more energized to do things. (Especially with the slim fast shakes)

TLDR- What have you done to help lose weight? I need some tips XD
Sooo any ideas? Suggestions?
You have to cut out certain foods. Even if it's organically grown foods, it doesn't necessarily mean healthy. Organic just means grown without chemicals and additives. Make fruits, vegetables, and fish the main components of the food you eat. Also, you should increase the intensity of your workouts. Go from walking to jogging/running to increase your cardio and the number of calories you burn.

Fatcat

The first 30~40 pounds are the easiest to lose !
Now you need to do more efforts and eat healthier and less, just drink water etc.
Its hard but im sure you can do it !

Ive lost 25 pounds By cutting in food (No dessert and all), not drinking soda(only water), exercising at least 5 days out of 7 .
But congrats for losing that much !!!! c:
Try to change up your exercises! Have you heard of HIIT? It really helps a lot

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas