Welcome to Gaia! ::

muffin.WOman
Regina_Knives
muffin.WOman
Arg... I hate it when I try to be good while going out (relatives in town and all...), and then find out when I get back that it was the worst thing on the menu. Booo for no nutrition facts at some dinning places... sad Guess I get to work my a** off today to try to make up for it. DX

Ugghh same here! My strategy is to try and eat what little I can, but make sure it's healthy and filling. Definitely tough. I have to give myself a strategy plan before I even order! But I'm just weird lol. Same for getting a drink, I just stick to water. It's rare that I get a carbonated drink. It's only because I don't want to pay for it sweatdrop . Good luck!

Well for me I made the choice to choose the low-fat salad dressing, and just get a salad. But after I got home I looked up the calories, and there was less calories if I would have just gotten the sandwich I was eyeing on the menu. Boooooo... DX At least more places now have nutritional information on hand now.

Bleh! I hate that! I don't blame you for being frustrated. I'd be irritated too! And yes that is good, but I don't always follow it like I should lol.

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
So I did my first rounds at the gym yesterday and I got my butt kicked badly :< I did a pool class and felt fine afterwards, but two hours after I fell asleep I woke up in excruciating pain in the muscles around my knees. Nothing helped it and I just ended up watching Food Network all night. I finally got some sleep around 5 and the pain went away, but wowza was that not fun. I knew I was out of shape, but that was a wake-up call about how bad it's gotten gonk
MedicAudino
So I did my first rounds at the gym yesterday and I got my butt kicked badly :< I did a pool class and felt fine afterwards, but two hours after I fell asleep I woke up in excruciating pain in the muscles around my knees. Nothing helped it and I just ended up watching Food Network all night. I finally got some sleep around 5 and the pain went away, but wowza was that not fun. I knew I was out of shape, but that was a wake-up call about how bad it's gotten gonk

Good for you! Sounds like you worked out really hard, I always found that after working out after not doing it for awhile its hard to continue after that because everything hurts so badly. Try pilates or yoga the day after and it will really help all those hurting muscles.

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
muffin.WOman

I've been almost bed-bound for awhile and became crippled back in March, so I expected to be sore, but it was intense! Next time I'm going to use my foam roller on my legs to help everything de-kink, but yeah I'm definitely doing some yoga today!
MedicAudino

I've been almost bed-bound for awhile and became crippled back in March, so I expected to be sore, but it was intense! Next time I'm going to use my foam roller on my legs to help everything de-kink, but yeah I'm definitely doing some yoga today!

Oooo foam rollers are amazing. <3

Just imagine this time next week though, you'll feel loads better and the workout won't be half as bad.

Supernatural Trickster

29,125 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
Regina_Knives

I'll start with why I want to lose weight. I'm scared I might be diabetic, but do to being a bit poor, I can't afford to go to a doctor to be tested. I've always been big and I've been worried about my weight. I don't have as much confidence as I use to and now I'm worried for my health.

I look at myself and say "I'm not that big. Not like some people."
Then I'll look at pictures of myself and videos of myself and I feel terrible. I don't believe in the whole 'cameras add 10 pounds' crap, but I feel I'm bigger than I think I am. If that makes sense xp .
Thank goodness my love tells me I'm beautiful just the way I am. But he's supporting me in wanting to lose weight. Lol He told me I could be 130 pounds or 1300 pounds and he'd love me either way just the same. If it weren't for him, then definitely I wouldn't be strong enough to go for this goal.

Wow we are on very similar situations :O

My boyfriend is very supportive too, doctors discovered i am/was * pre-diabetic and went to the nutritionist gave me a diet to help my weight and could loss 10 kg on a couple of months ^__^ however, i stopped the diet on december since celebrations here are heavily built around food T__T and i´m affraid that even when i tried to eat the less i could, maybe i went up a couple of Kg.

I need help and support right now to restart the diet or else... i don`t want to imagine to have to use insulin shots everyday. (not to mention that i´m happy with my actual look and have less troubles breathing)

I'm around 66kg btw.

There are signs to chec for diabetes / pre-diabetes, one is the how to tell hmm numb sensation on feet and fingers, also the need to drink a lot of water.
Workout video, all free biggrin

Galphath
Regina_Knives

I'll start with why I want to lose weight. I'm scared I might be diabetic, but do to being a bit poor, I can't afford to go to a doctor to be tested. I've always been big and I've been worried about my weight. I don't have as much confidence as I use to and now I'm worried for my health.

I look at myself and say "I'm not that big. Not like some people."
Then I'll look at pictures of myself and videos of myself and I feel terrible. I don't believe in the whole 'cameras add 10 pounds' crap, but I feel I'm bigger than I think I am. If that makes sense xp .
Thank goodness my love tells me I'm beautiful just the way I am. But he's supporting me in wanting to lose weight. Lol He told me I could be 130 pounds or 1300 pounds and he'd love me either way just the same. If it weren't for him, then definitely I wouldn't be strong enough to go for this goal.

Wow we are on very similar situations :O

My boyfriend is very supportive too, doctors discovered i am/was * pre-diabetic and went to the nutritionist gave me a diet to help my weight and could loss 10 kg on a couple of months ^__^ however, i stopped the diet on december since celebrations here are heavily built around food T__T and i´m affraid that even when i tried to eat the less i could, maybe i went up a couple of Kg.

I need help and support right now to restart the diet or else... i don`t want to imagine to have to use insulin shots everyday. (not to mention that i´m happy with my actual look and have less troubles breathing)

I'm around 66kg btw.

There are signs to chec for diabetes / pre-diabetes, one is the how to tell hmm numb sensation on feet and fingers, also the need to drink a lot of water.

Well the signs aren't even there. I have no signs, but that doesn't mean they aren't there? I don't know. It really worries me. Anyways yay for supportive loved ones! I understand being around teh holidays with food. Go back on the diet! You can do it! I don't want to imagine giving myself injections of insulin. That's scary enough! But my confidence gets really down and I want to fix it. So the best way has been to lose that excess weight I don't need.

Supernatural Trickster

29,125 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Survivor 150
Regina_Knives

Well the signs aren't even there. I have no signs, but that doesn't mean they aren't there? I don't know. It really worries me. Anyways yay for supportive loved ones! I understand being around teh holidays with food. Go back on the diet! You can do it! I don't want to imagine giving myself injections of insulin. That's scary enough! But my confidence gets really down and I want to fix it. So the best way has been to lose that excess weight I don't need.

Is good that you don't show the signs, probably you have a good liver and can handle this level of glucose however is healthy to start working on your weight rather than to find the signs one day or start getting troubles like migraines, fatigue and sleepiness all day due to respiratory troubles on the night.

Thank you ! biggrin Actually i need this kind of support, because sometimes the temptation is strong crying specially with baked stuff and rice :/ i´m allowed to ear one portion of rice at lunch only and crackers at the breakfast. Veggies are difficult for me, i need good recipes for those.

I´m going back as we speak and started a workout routine too, which i will have to adjust next week when i come back to work.

Insulin scares me but not because the shot per se, but to have to do it everyday of my life gonk

Loss weight is a great step towards a good health and good comfort, i suggest you to visit a physician if you can, they can give you a diet specially made for you and great advice smile

Self confidence is also an issue for me, loss weight and be able to use my old clothes again was a nice boost ^__^

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I found a really simple breakdown of how to lose fat or gain muscle: This right here is so awesome!

Also I finally got to play Just Dance 4 and I know a few people asked me about it so here's my two cents on the latest installment. I did 5 dances: "Call Me Maybe", "Disturbia", "Maneater", "Funhouse", and "Gangnam Style". The last two are DLC and cost $3 each. They changed the Just Sweat mode and it now has pre-set routines grouped together which looks cool. Anyway, the dances are just as fun as the last game and the harder ones kicked my butt. It was a great workout, had me sweating buckets, and was so much fun heart
Galphath
Regina_Knives

Is good that you don't show the signs, probably you have a good liver and can handle this level of glucose however is healthy to start working on your weight rather than to find the signs one day or start getting troubles like migraines, fatigue and sleepiness all day due to respiratory troubles on the night.

Thank you ! biggrin Actually i need this kind of support, because sometimes the temptation is strong crying specially with baked stuff and rice :/ i´m allowed to ear one portion of rice at lunch only and crackers at the breakfast. Veggies are difficult for me, i need good recipes for those.

I´m going back as we speak and started a workout routine too, which i will have to adjust next week when i come back to work.

Insulin scares me but not because the shot per se, but to have to do it everyday of my life gonk

Loss weight is a great step towards a good health and good comfort, i suggest you to visit a physician if you can, they can give you a diet specially made for you and great advice smile

Self confidence is also an issue for me, loss weight and be able to use my old clothes again was a nice boost ^__^

Yeah I want to see a physician, but I can't afford it. I have no insurance and they can get costly. I've not had any symptoms and my mom's been scared since I was much younger. Doctors would see me and tell me I'm completely healthy besides being a little overweight. They never really gave her a incentive to look into diabetes. Neither has any doctor I've seen as an adult. They consider me pretty healthy. But I don't know.

I'm not scared of needles at all. But just that shock of having to do it.

Ugghhhh food temptations. I know that feels! It's hard to resist some foods. But you'll manage. We will all get to our goal! We'll make it through that I know!

Supernatural Trickster

29,125 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Survivor 150
Regina_Knives

Yeah I want to see a physician, but I can't afford it. I have no insurance and they can get costly. I've not had any symptoms and my mom's been scared since I was much younger. Doctors would see me and tell me I'm completely healthy besides being a little overweight. They never really gave her a incentive to look into diabetes. Neither has any doctor I've seen as an adult. They consider me pretty healthy. But I don't know.

Ugghhhh food temptations. I know that feels! It's hard to resist some foods. But you'll manage. We will all get to our goal! We'll make it through that I know!

Indeed :/

I hope physicians are right and you are fine that doesn`t mean that you can't work out before you get ill, is better that way actually biggrin

Yes we can do it!
Only have to repeat an image of an insulin shot on my mind everytime i see a temptation >___>U

Supernatural Trickster

29,125 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Survivor 150
MedicAudino
I found a really simple breakdown of how to lose fat or gain muscle: This right here is so awesome!

Also I finally got to play Just Dance 4 and I know a few people asked me about it so here's my two cents on the latest installment. I did 5 dances: "Call Me Maybe", "Disturbia", "Maneater", "Funhouse", and "Gangnam Style". The last two are DLC and cost $3 each. They changed the Just Sweat mode and it now has pre-set routines grouped together which looks cool. Anyway, the dances are just as fun as the last game and the harder ones kicked my butt. It was a great workout, had me sweating buckets, and was so much fun heart

That article looks good however would be amazing if they had links to examples of the kind of excercises or an example routine :>

This page is cool too : How to lose weight fast he has from beginers routines (like me who barely did exercise on the last 5 years ) to more demanding routines.

I want to get one of those dance games, i did a lot of exercise when could go to an arcade near home and play DDR, sadly there isn´t any close home and i don´t have much time to spend on a bus, i prefer to use that time to work out XP
Galphath
Regina_Knives

I hope physicians are right and you are fine that doesn`t mean that you can't work out before you get ill, is better that way actually biggrin

Yes we can do it!
Only have to repeat an image of an insulin shot on my mind everytime i see a temptation >___>U

Yeah same here! But my mom turns into a hypochondriac when it's with me. She's just a huge worry wart. But I hope they're right too. I bet that image isn't very fun. Same with me looking at huge overweight people who have to use a wheelchair to move around. I never want to get like that ever. I'm terrified I'll end up like that. sweatdrop

Supernatural Trickster

29,125 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Survivor 150
Regina_Knives
Galphath
Regina_Knives

Yes we can do it!

Yeah same here! But my mom turns into a hypochondriac when it's with me. She's just a huge worry wart. But I hope they're right too. I bet that image isn't very fun. Same with me looking at huge overweight people who have to use a wheelchair to move around. I never want to get like that ever. I'm terrified I'll end up like that. sweatdrop

That freaks me out too, anything that gets my chance to move scares me. Also to have troubles fitting on certain spaces : bus entry for example or to not being able to find anything on a clothing store emo is so hard to find pretty clothes for big girls here

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff