Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Informer

Regina_Knives
Explosive Bans
Hello there.

I'm 5'2" and 167 pounds. I'm looking to lose about 40 pounds. I want to lose weight so that I have confidence in myself and feel beautiful, plus I'm tired of the guilt I feel when I keep contributing to my unhealthy lifestyle. I'm a total soda addict and absolutely love junk food. I'm headed off to college this fall and it's time to revise my habits.

I've tried dieting before and did very well for a couple of months, but I fell back into my old habits. I feel that I'm prepared for a real change this time around. Since so much of my life will be changing this year, what better time to change my diet and exercise habits, too?

I do believe that my problem in the past was not being motivated. I feel that if I had someone losing weight with me, I would go much, much further with my goals.

I'm trying not to make a strict time frame for myself while losing this weight. I won't expect everything to go perfectly all the time and it's not going to happen overnight. I'll just have to give it my all and see how it goes!

If anyone uses MyFitnessPal, my username is RedApricorn if you'd like to add me.

Welcome! ^_^

The thing with junk food is that it's comfort food. I've cut soda back quite a bit. If you're an addict it's best not to cut it off, but only let yourself drink a certain amount per day. That's what I've been doing because I'm pretty addicted to soda. I do also love mineral and sparkling water in case I really am craving the soda flavor and carbonation. Plus drink water. Lots and lots of water. I myself am having trouble with soda and junk food in general. You'll make it! Be strong!

Thank you for the tip!
I'm thinking of buying a bunch of sparkling water and abandoning soda altogether.
Last year, I managed to abandon soda completely for 2 or 3 months, but I caved and decided to "reward" myself with a bottle of Coke and that one little soda made me crash and burn. crying I think the carbonation is what makes me love it so much, so sparkling water should do the trick until I've weaned myself off of it completely, hopefully.
Hey there!
Stats:
5'9"
Female
213 lbs*
165 lbs lean body mass*
GW: 170 lbs by August 8th

While I am looking to get down to 170, that number may get smaller as I lose weight since I will most likely lose muscle as well.
I am trying to lose weight by that time for Otakon so I can look amazing in my cosplays.
I am also aiming for aesthetics, so my goals may change over time.
I am currently going low carb and very healthfully, and will slowly transition back into eating carbs eventually.
Let me know if you want to talk! smile
loseit.com : eternalfrills
Explosive Bans
Regina_Knives
Explosive Bans
Hello there.

I'm 5'2" and 167 pounds. I'm looking to lose about 40 pounds. I want to lose weight so that I have confidence in myself and feel beautiful, plus I'm tired of the guilt I feel when I keep contributing to my unhealthy lifestyle. I'm a total soda addict and absolutely love junk food. I'm headed off to college this fall and it's time to revise my habits.

I've tried dieting before and did very well for a couple of months, but I fell back into my old habits. I feel that I'm prepared for a real change this time around. Since so much of my life will be changing this year, what better time to change my diet and exercise habits, too?

I do believe that my problem in the past was not being motivated. I feel that if I had someone losing weight with me, I would go much, much further with my goals.

I'm trying not to make a strict time frame for myself while losing this weight. I won't expect everything to go perfectly all the time and it's not going to happen overnight. I'll just have to give it my all and see how it goes!

If anyone uses MyFitnessPal, my username is RedApricorn if you'd like to add me.

Welcome! ^_^

The thing with junk food is that it's comfort food. I've cut soda back quite a bit. If you're an addict it's best not to cut it off, but only let yourself drink a certain amount per day. That's what I've been doing because I'm pretty addicted to soda. I do also love mineral and sparkling water in case I really am craving the soda flavor and carbonation. Plus drink water. Lots and lots of water. I myself am having trouble with soda and junk food in general. You'll make it! Be strong!

Thank you for the tip!
I'm thinking of buying a bunch of sparkling water and abandoning soda altogether.
Last year, I managed to abandon soda completely for 2 or 3 months, but I caved and decided to "reward" myself with a bottle of Coke and that one little soda made me crash and burn. crying I think the carbonation is what makes me love it so much, so sparkling water should do the trick until I've weaned myself off of it completely, hopefully.

That will help, but get yourself into water! Just regular old water. I did it how I limit to 40 oz of soda a day. Now I've cut it to about 30oz a day and when I drink soda, I'll drink water right after. Also if I don't feel like drinking water, then I'll drink coffee (black) or tea (no sweetening). That helps for me, but you'll find your own way! Good luck! But I recommend to not go cold turkey way too fast. Take it slow.
eternalfrills
Hey there!
Stats:
5'9"
Female
213 lbs*
165 lbs lean body mass*

While I am looking to get down to 170, that number may get smaller as I lose weight since I will most likely lose muscle as well.
I am trying to lose weight by that time for Otakon so I can look amazing in my cosplays.
I am currently going low carb and very healthfully, and will slowly transition back into eating carbs eventually.

Welcome! ^_^

Alrighty! Good luck! If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Regina_Knives
littleruby
I'm not trying to lose weight but I am trying to lose a little body fat. I started Jamie Eason's 12 week LiveFit program this past Sunday and am tracking on myfitnesspal (username is amhwh) and over on the Uplifting board as well. I'm looking for some friends for accountability, discussion about workouts, encouragement, etc.

Welcome! ^_^

If you need some help, encouragement, or just to vent on diet frustrations then this is the right place! I hope you get to your goal weight and achieve what you're trying to accomplish.

Thanks! Venting frustrations may happen from time to time. Here's my two from this week: why am I too short for the leg curl machines!?!?, WHY is the ab machine where you throw a medicine ball at a net facing the leg press machine so I almost get nailed in the face while on it?!!? Why do I use terrible punctuation when upset?!!? wink

Good luck to everyone here, I hope you all meet your goals! I'm a good listener in case anyone ever needs to vent smile
Arg... I hate it when I try to be good while going out (relatives in town and all...), and then find out when I get back that it was the worst thing on the menu. Booo for no nutrition facts at some dinning places... sad Guess I get to work my a** off today to try to make up for it. DX
Ugh, I'm going to be in the car all day. That's honestly when I eat the worst on vacation. Hopefully I can just stick to the turkey I dehydrated, and we'll stop at a gas station so I can get a giant bottle of water crying
Regina_Knives
eternalfrills
Hey there!
Stats:
5'9"
Female
213 lbs*
165 lbs lean body mass*

Welcome! ^_^

Alrighty! Good luck! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thank you very much! ^_^
eternalfrills
Ugh, I'm going to be in the car all day. That's honestly when I eat the worst on vacation. Hopefully I can just stick to the turkey I dehydrated, and we'll stop at a gas station so I can get a giant bottle of water crying
Good luck! Car rides are hard...

When I am on vacation I usually make my own "100 calorie snacks" for the car ride. It makes it easier to know how many calories your eating on the way. The turkey is a good start (never seen that before btw, good find!). You might want to add in something sweet too like dried fruit? Banana chips taste really good. smile Popcorn is my stable for long trips, you can eat a lot with very few calories.

I totally don't know about carbs though and which things have them and don't. DX
Explosive Bans

For me the hardest part about giving up carbinated drinks was the caffine. It took me a good month to quit completely... Now I just have Black Tea in the morning, which is good, but still has some caffine. sweatdrop
muffin.WOman
Explosive Bans

For me the hardest part about giving up carbinated drinks was the caffine. It took me a good month to quit completely... Now I just have Black Tea in the morning, which is good, but still has some caffine. sweatdrop

Caffine can be addictive, but I'm not really addicted to caffine. I like soda for the flavor and the carbonation. I drink coffee and tea a lot more instead. I drink them both black (or plain). You can get some great nutritional benefits from Green Tea (the one I mostly drink), and black coffee. Don't skip them because of caffine! They have some great health benefits if you drink it moderately.
eternalfrills

Good luck! Going on vacation is really hard to eat healthy! But so is a car ride. Long car rides have been the worst for me. Yes get healthy snacks that are low in sodium and calories. You should be able to make it and heck yeah drink water! That's what I'm still working on and I'm drinking about 20oz of water a day. You'll make it and enjoy your vacation 3nodding
muffin.WOman
Arg... I hate it when I try to be good while going out (relatives in town and all...), and then find out when I get back that it was the worst thing on the menu. Booo for no nutrition facts at some dinning places... sad Guess I get to work my a** off today to try to make up for it. DX

Ugghh same here! My strategy is to try and eat what little I can, but make sure it's healthy and filling. Definitely tough. I have to give myself a strategy plan before I even order! But I'm just weird lol. Same for getting a drink, I just stick to water. It's rare that I get a carbonated drink. It's only because I don't want to pay for it sweatdrop . Good luck!
Regina_Knives
muffin.WOman

Ugghh same here! My strategy is to try and eat what little I can, but make sure it's healthy and filling. Definitely tough. I have to give myself a strategy plan before I even order! But I'm just weird lol. Same for getting a drink, I just stick to water. It's rare that I get a carbonated drink. It's only because I don't want to pay for it sweatdrop . Good luck!

Well for me I made the choice to choose the low-fat salad dressing, and just get a salad. But after I got home I looked up the calories, and there was less calories if I would have just gotten the sandwich I was eyeing on the menu. Boooooo... DX At least more places now have nutritional information on hand now.
littleruby
Regina_Knives
littleruby
I'm not trying to lose weight but I am trying to lose a little body fat. I started Jamie Eason's 12 week LiveFit program this past Sunday and am tracking on myfitnesspal (username is amhwh) and over on the Uplifting board as well. I'm looking for some friends for accountability, discussion about workouts, encouragement, etc.

Welcome! ^_^

If you need some help, encouragement, or just to vent on diet frustrations then this is the right place! I hope you get to your goal weight and achieve what you're trying to accomplish.

Thanks! Venting frustrations may happen from time to time. Here's my two from this week: why am I too short for the leg curl machines!?!?, WHY is the ab machine where you throw a medicine ball at a net facing the leg press machine so I almost get nailed in the face while on it?!!? Why do I use terrible punctuation when upset?!!? wink

Good luck to everyone here, I hope you all meet your goals! I'm a good listener in case anyone ever needs to vent smile

Lol my frustration is still sticking to my guns, but I'm getting better. I'm saying no to soda at restaurants, but my roommates usually have a crap ton at home. One of them I believe is addicted to caffine because he even gets caffine headaches! My other frustration is fighting my work! I'm surrounded by junk food. Even then I've been really good at resisting, but sometimes I just look at crisps and I'm ready to drool lol. But no I can't! Must resist the dark side blaugh . I'm thinking about going to a fast food place, but I have no idea what to order! So I'm trying to go for healthy. Of course I go to a fast food place. I'm not really going to find anything healthy. I might just stick to going to my grocery store and picking up a little premade salad. Ugghhh I don't know what to chose!

Another one is that I've been skipping breakfast. I know, I know. That's really bad, but I'm trying to set an alarm or something to remind me to eat. I love breakfast food, but I don't eat breakfast. Lol I'm really odd.

I want to eat at a fast food place, but I don't know what to order. Wish me luck! I'll figure something out!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff