Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aliareana
Regina_Knives
Aliareana

I see you have an android. myfitnesspal is free. (you don't have to have a smartphone, you can use the site too) It keeps track of your calories. A smartphone just makes it super easy because you can scan barcodes.

I promise I'm not trying to solicit anything to you. sweatdrop I just saw that you wanted to count calories, and that is what I'm using. It keeps track of your exercise and how many calories you burned. It keeps track of your water too!

I am 5'8" and 266. I have 115 lbs to lose. I have lost 8 lbs so far. heart

my username is gojeskago for anyone who wants to add me.

Lol you weren't even soliciting. Recommending a product or program that is helpful and beneficial is one thing. But recommending a product that you can sell to me is soliciting. That's my difference there. Not only that the app is free and I like the barcode scanning part! That would make it so much easier than trying to find it! I appreciate the recommendation and I'm going to look into it. biggrin

Yay! I hope you like it! I only have 1 friend so far, and she is like super woman.

I hope to become friends with people here, and gain a support group!

Yay! I do enjoy it! Thank you for joining!

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Scenarios
Hi c:
I'm currently 5'8 and 145 lbs. I want to lose at least 10 lbs a month till I get down to 120. I would love to help and encourage you with your weight loss!

I hate to say it, but 10lbs a month is too much. Losing about 1lb a week has been proven to be the healthiest way to lose weight for the long term c:

Frozen Bunny

16,100 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
muffin.WOman
Aliareana

Zumba Fitness (DVD or the game - for Wii or Xbox)

Turbo Fire by beach body. I really want to buy this one, but I have thin floors. And I'm not at that level yet either... it burns crazy calories though and it's fun! It comes in 20, 40 and 60 minutes, so you can do the 20 when you are short on time, or 60 if you have time to kill.

Also, check out hungry-girl.com. She has really good recipes for low calories! You can buy her books like "300 recipes for 300 calories" but I just use her website. I'm poor.

*Edit* Her recipes are mostly single serving, so if you are making something for more than just you, you would have to double, triple, etc

I've heard really good things about Zumba, I just suck at dancing so I don't know if I could do it. I'd probably look like a drunk chicken. XD

I'll have to look around that website too. 300 calorie meals would be perfect. I'm a tiny thing (only 5'1" so I get like 1200 calories a day if I want to loose weight). I have a really hard time because the classic 500 calorie meals that everyone else seems to be able to eat... I can't...

That's why you do it in the privacy of your home. >.> No one can see you! I certainly look like a drunk chicken.
Aliareana

That's why you do it in the privacy of your home. >.> No one can see you! I certainly look like a drunk chicken.

Haha, yeah I'll just have to do them when my boyfriend is asleep then. XD

Frozen Bunny

16,100 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
muffin.WOman
Aliareana

Haha, yeah I'll just have to do them when my boyfriend is asleep then. XD

I do it while my husband is at work. rofl

Fashionable Lunatic

10,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Hi!
I'm looking to lose some weight as well.
I've been looking into it and I found some stuff about your BMR. It's basically the amount of calories you burn just by day to day living (no exercise). You can calculate that here.
I've also learned so far that you have to have a food intake of 1200 calories per day or your body will go into starvation mode and you'll gain weight instead of lose.
Reading around i found some people who simply cut their food intake down by 500 calories a day and were able to lose around a pound per week. (3,500 calories in a pound, -500 calories a day = 1lb)
My bmr is 1879 so if i can manage to eat no more than 1379 my body would burn more than i take in creating the deficit that makes you lose weight.
Googling around i found this.
It's like a pre-made calorie counted meal plan with a shopping list included. Awesome right?
Im planning on (after pay day) printing and trying the meal plan.
Theres a 1400 calorie plan which is close to what I need.
Idk if i can stick to it, but it's totally worth a shot.
Im at exercise base 0. I seriously don't do anything right now.
I'm going to try to add exercise in slowly. I don't wanna burn out instantly or anything. Like 30 minutes a day of something to start.
I'm horrible about self control.
I REALLY don't know if i can stick to the meal plan. I wanna try it though. I figure if theres nothing else in the house i'll have to eat that stuff.
Until i get around to actually buying that food and trying it I'm adding in a few servings of vegetables a day.

Idk if anyone posted about any of that kind of stuff before. Sorry to repeat if they did. sweatdrop
Im all for buddies!
Encouragement and accountability is good!!
Opal-Stone16
Hi, I want to join too smile

I'm 5'5 and weigh around 150-155. i'm looking to lose around 20-25 lbs. I gained most of the weight because of poor lifestyle choices and from the meds that I'm on and i just want to be healthier and feel better about myself. It will be nice to have some motivation from others and accountability.

Welcome! I hope you achieve your goal! 4laugh
xXxEver rosexXx
Hi!
I've been looking into it and I found some stuff about your BMR. It's basically the amount of calories you burn just by day to day living (no exercise). You can calculate that here.
I've also learned so far that you have to have a food intake of 1200 calories per day or your body will go into starvation mode and you'll gain weight instead of lose.
Reading around i found some people who simply cut their food intake down by 500 calories a day and were able to lose around a pound per week. (3,500 calories in a pound, -500 calories a day = 1lb)
My bmr is 1879 so if i can manage to eat no more than 1379 my body would burn more than i take in creating the deficit that makes you lose weight.
It's like a pre-made calorie counted meal plan with a shopping list included. Awesome right?
I'm going to try to add exercise in slowly. I don't wanna burn out instantly or anything. Like 30 minutes a day of something to start.
I REALLY don't know if i can stick to the meal plan. I wanna try it though. I figure if theres nothing else in the house i'll have to eat that stuff.
Until i get around to actually buying that food and trying it I'm adding in a few servings of vegetables a day.

Idk if anyone posted about any of that kind of stuff before. Sorry to repeat if they did. sweatdrop
Im all for buddies!

Welcome! ^_^

Thank you for sharing the website! I'll look into it as well. for dieting you just have to control it. Self control is hard considering a lot of food anymore is comfort food. But eating healthy doesn't mean we lose that comfort feeling. Not only that, but moderation is also a key factor.

Myself I'm focusing on diet first more than exercising. I walk daily and it's giving me bare minimum exercise. It makes it easier to do one step at a time. I'm hope to cut my calorie intake to about the same, possibly less depending. Good luck and I hope you can keep to it. If you feel down and out, come here for some cheering on! Stick to your guns and you'll make it through. blaugh
I'm not trying to lose weight but I am trying to lose a little body fat. I started Jamie Eason's 12 week LiveFit program this past Sunday and am tracking on myfitnesspal (username is amhwh) and over on the Uplifting board as well. I'm looking for some friends for accountability, discussion about workouts, encouragement, etc.

Hygienic Informer

Hello there.

I'm 5'2" and 167 pounds. I'm looking to lose about 40 pounds. I want to lose weight so that I have confidence in myself and feel beautiful, plus I'm tired of the guilt I feel when I keep contributing to my unhealthy lifestyle. I'm a total soda addict and absolutely love junk food. I'm headed off to college this fall and it's time to revise my habits.

I've tried dieting before and did very well for a couple of months, but I fell back into my old habits. I feel that I'm prepared for a real change this time around. Since so much of my life will be changing this year, what better time to change my diet and exercise habits, too?

I do believe that my problem in the past was not being motivated. I feel that if I had someone losing weight with me, I would go much, much further with my goals.

I'm trying not to make a strict time frame for myself while losing this weight. I won't expect everything to go perfectly all the time and it's not going to happen overnight. I'll just have to give it my all and see how it goes!

If anyone uses MyFitnessPal, my username is RedApricorn if you'd like to add me.

Fashionable Lunatic

10,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Regina_Knives
xXxEver rosexXx
Hi!

Im all for buddies!

Welcome! ^_^

Thank you for sharing the website! I'll look into it as well. for dieting you just have to control it. Self control is hard considering a lot of food anymore is comfort food. But eating healthy doesn't mean we lose that comfort feeling. Not only that, but moderation is also a key factor.

Myself I'm focusing on diet first more than exercising. I walk daily and it's giving me bare minimum exercise. It makes it easier to do one step at a time. I'm hope to cut my calorie intake to about the same, possibly less depending. Good luck and I hope you can keep to it. If you feel down and out, come here for some cheering on! Stick to your guns and you'll make it through. blaugh

Care to share what you've been eating?
littleruby
I'm not trying to lose weight but I am trying to lose a little body fat. I started Jamie Eason's 12 week LiveFit program this past Sunday and am tracking on myfitnesspal (username is amhwh) and over on the Uplifting board as well. I'm looking for some friends for accountability, discussion about workouts, encouragement, etc.

Welcome! ^_^

If you need some help, encouragement, or just to vent on diet frustrations then this is the right place! I hope you get to your goal weight and achieve what you're trying to accomplish.
Care to share what you've been eating?

Well I've been working on a diet plan. Lately I have been cutting calories. I do believe I was taking in a whopping 3500 calories a day or so. Which has mostly been consisting of fast food. But I'm cutting my portions and cutting out fast foods. As a result, I drink one small V8 (low sodium) a day. Then a light snack. I've been skipping breakfast lately, but I drink two cups of coffee (black) and 2 poached eggs with one wheat bread toasted with a little bit of butter (less than a tsp). Lunch and dinner have been the two hard ones. With roommates that order and eat out a lot, it's been hard. So I just try to lower my portions and eat better. So I'm really working on eating better.
Explosive Bans
Hello there.

I'm 5'2" and 167 pounds. I'm looking to lose about 40 pounds. I want to lose weight so that I have confidence in myself and feel beautiful, plus I'm tired of the guilt I feel when I keep contributing to my unhealthy lifestyle. I'm a total soda addict and absolutely love junk food. I'm headed off to college this fall and it's time to revise my habits.

I've tried dieting before and did very well for a couple of months, but I fell back into my old habits. I feel that I'm prepared for a real change this time around. Since so much of my life will be changing this year, what better time to change my diet and exercise habits, too?

I do believe that my problem in the past was not being motivated. I feel that if I had someone losing weight with me, I would go much, much further with my goals.

I'm trying not to make a strict time frame for myself while losing this weight. I won't expect everything to go perfectly all the time and it's not going to happen overnight. I'll just have to give it my all and see how it goes!

If anyone uses MyFitnessPal, my username is RedApricorn if you'd like to add me.

Welcome! ^_^

The thing with junk food is that it's comfort food. I've cut soda back quite a bit. If you're an addict it's best not to cut it off, but only let yourself drink a certain amount per day. That's what I've been doing because I'm pretty addicted to soda. I do also love mineral and sparkling water in case I really am craving the soda flavor and carbonation. Plus drink water. Lots and lots of water. I myself am having trouble with soda and junk food in general. You'll make it! Be strong!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff