Welcome to Gaia! ::

DeathlyGreed's Queen

Feral Sweetheart

13,825 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Regina_Knives

I had a UTI once and I drank 100% cranberry juice. Let me tell you that stuff was hard to put down, but it helped. If you don't have a trader joe's around or any store that might carry it then water is your best bet. I hope it clears up soon =/.

I have a bottle that I've been using as a water bottle and one of those equals roughly two glasses. So I figured if I drink a whole bottle of water then that should help clear out my system faster.
Duccal
Regina_Knives
Duccal
Regina_Knives

Welcome! I know that feeling when it comes to health. My old job I just relyed on fast and cheap food. I didn't think about fresh foods. I was working full time (and then some) at a high stressful job for me. Even though I'd try to go on a diet it just didn't work. Since I left that job I've ate much better and I'm not so stressed anymore. Good luck on school! Change can be great!

Motivation is very hard. Trust me changing my diet and trying to keep it was very hard for me at first. Even then I've cut back on eating a lot. So my meals are smaller. I'm proud of myself. Slowly but surely I'm getting there. If you're having trouble, then just take baby steps. You'll make it! Just remember why you want to change and lose weight.

Good luck with everything!

Thanks for all the warm wishes and insight! I think one of the first things I'm going to try is doing something physical on my breaks from homework. Usually I turn on netflix or poke my head into the kitchen to see if I can scavenge for food. Remedying this sounds like a good baby step to conquer first, so we'll see how it goes.

I also went shopping today for grocery and bought more fruits and vegetables. I'm hoping to try making lighter meals that still taste good. Any suggestions or favorite healthier meals?

You're welcome!

There ya go! blaugh When you've been sitting for a long time. Just get up, do some stretches, maybe some sit ups, push ups, squats, etc. To get your body into movement.

Yay for fresh fruits and veggies! There are some great meals you can find online. I have quite a few recipes, but they require that you cook them and such. If you would like any let me know!

Cooking's not really a problem on weekends. In fact, it's probably on my list of favorite things to do (especially asian food (i lived in hong kong for a little while)), I just tend to make a lot of things that don't take long (and naturally aren't fantastic for you) when I'm busy at school.

If it's not too much trouble, I would love a few recipes (or a link to a site if it's more convenient)! I've found a few that I've tried out and really liked, but a lot of what I find are just variations of vegetable stir fry's. That's good and all, but something a little more adventurous would be nice. I'm a foodie and like tasty things XD

My roommate introduced me to an amazing recipe. If you like salmon, then you'll like this. You take a filet of salmon. Pour a little bit of honey, freshly cut lemon, and garlic salt on top to bake. I don't remember how long it takes to bake, but still after it's done bake some garlic bread and add a side of steamed broccoli or whatever you want! It's pretty awesome.

One I have is pretty good. I make hearty chicken noodle soup. I get fresh veggies: carrots, one leek, celery, green onions, garlic and yellow onion. Then I get chicken breasts boneless and skinless. I cut them up into bite sized cubes. I boiled the chicken until almost cooked, then put all the veggies in. I added low sodium chicken broth (I can't remember the brand). After that I added salt, pepper, thyme, parsley, basil, one bay leaf, and a pinch of rosemary.

I put it all in a crock pot and let it cook for a few hours on low. Then when I'm close to serving it I add the corkscrew noodles and remove the bay leaf.

If you want the full measurements, then I'll have to write it down lol. It's been a while since I've made that one, but I've been craving it recently.
Little Fuzzy Bunneh
Regina_Knives

I had a UTI once and I drank 100% cranberry juice. Let me tell you that stuff was hard to put down, but it helped. If you don't have a trader joe's around or any store that might carry it then water is your best bet. I hope it clears up soon =/.

I have a bottle that I've been using as a water bottle and one of those equals roughly two glasses. So I figured if I drink a whole bottle of water then that should help clear out my system faster.

I hope it does! If anything it'll help clean your system!

Greedy Warlord

Regina_Knives

My roommate introduced me to an amazing recipe. If you like salmon, then you'll like this. You take a filet of salmon. Pour a little bit of honey, freshly cut lemon, and garlic salt on top to bake. I don't remember how long it takes to bake, but still after it's done bake some garlic bread and add a side of steamed broccoli or whatever you want! It's pretty awesome.

One I have is pretty good. I make hearty chicken noodle soup. I get fresh veggies: carrots, one leek, celery, green onions, garlic and yellow onion. Then I get chicken breasts boneless and skinless. I cut them up into bite sized cubes. I boiled the chicken until almost cooked, then put all the veggies in. I added low sodium chicken broth (I can't remember the brand). After that I added salt, pepper, thyme, parsley, basil, one bay leaf, and a pinch of rosemary.

I put it all in a crock pot and let it cook for a few hours on low. Then when I'm close to serving it I add the corkscrew noodles and remove the bay leaf.

If you want the full measurements, then I'll have to write it down lol. It's been a while since I've made that one, but I've been craving it recently.

These are awesome, they sound really really good! Just reading the salmon one made me want to run out to the store immediately. I'll definitely give both of those a try, thanks so much! *scribbles down in recipe book*

Shy Loverboy

Regina_Knives
Komaches alt
man this seems like an awesome thread wish I knew about it when i started losing weight last year. maybe if I didn't quit XD
I'm 5.10 I was 245 lb. when I started I walked A LOT and had an extremely strict diet. now I'm 165 lb. cut down on walking a bit because of the cold and am trying just to sustain[sp?] my current weight by eating a bit more, till after winter. then I'm going back to try and lose the last 17 lb.

Welcome! That's awesome to hear. I really hope you sustain your weight smile .
I do too but winters hitting pretty hard can't wait till its over. its an amazing feeling going from a XXL shirt and size 44 pants to a small shirt and a size 30 pants. anyone who still wondering to join, do it!
Duccal
Regina_Knives

These are awesome, they sound really really good! Just reading the salmon one made me want to run out to the store immediately. I'll definitely give both of those a try, thanks so much! *scribbles down in recipe book*

You're welcome smile . I hope you enjoy them 4laugh
Komaches alt
Regina_Knives
Komaches alt
man this seems like an awesome thread wish I knew about it when i started losing weight last year. maybe if I didn't quit XD
I'm 5.10 I was 245 lb. when I started I walked A LOT and had an extremely strict diet. now I'm 165 lb. cut down on walking a bit because of the cold and am trying just to sustain[sp?] my current weight by eating a bit more, till after winter. then I'm going back to try and lose the last 17 lb.

I do too but winters hitting pretty hard can't wait till its over. its an amazing feeling going from a XXL shirt and size 44 pants to a small shirt and a size 30 pants. anyone who still wondering to join, do it!

Winter always hits hard. Especially during holidays too. Oyy that one is always a toughie. I bet it is quite amazing. I'm really hoping I get there. It's been a hard uphill battle, but I'm making it through.

Shy Loverboy

Regina_Knives
Komaches alt
Regina_Knives
Komaches alt

Winter always hits hard. Especially during holidays too. Oyy that one is always a toughie. I bet it is quite amazing. I'm really hoping I get there. It's been a hard uphill battle, but I'm making it through.
I'm sure you'll get there all one needs is determination and support and it looks like you have both.
Hi, everyone.. I'm looking to lose weight and get healthy, but mostly get healthy and, you know, active, you know!

I've been losing weight on and off for about a year and went from around 135 to 108 lbs, being lazy and only exercising every so often but now I want to get it done~! I went to get down to around ~97(I'm 4'11 by the way, haha, so it's healthy for me). Or, really, just get rid of the gut I have - that's where all my fat goes! You won't believe how annoying it's been to even get to where it is now, with my body choosing to take fat off my calf. My calf. That could have waited.

What's worked for me is.. oddly enough, consistently buying jeans. Old jeans are loose? Go get some new ones. Whenever I keep the same pair of old jeans, I end up filling them right back up again, like normal, somehow. It's like I eat more when I know I can fit into my favorites, THERE IS NOTHING TO LOSE. evil i've gone from a size 9-10 to 2-4.

I exercise twice a week, light Wednesday, hardcore Thursday. Never sore after a Wednesday, sore until Monday on a Thursday, lol. I'm trying to get some light exercise on my weekends though, before I hit the hay.

Doting Sweetheart

12,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Marathon 300
Yup, so I meant to check in this Monday, but I was too frikkin busy! I lost a pound since last week (206 now), but I haven't been able to exercise as much because my dad has been in the hospital/been feeling kinda bleh because of the medicine he's been having to take. He's okay though, just tired.

Now that he's doing better, I'm going to start running again now that I'm not freaking out about my dad's health and not sleeping because of it. I got plenty of sleep last night, so tonight is going to be my hardcore running night. My goal is to run for an hour every day through the weekend. ^.^ I look forward to my dad getting better because he's my running buddy and I miss running with him!

Generous Darling

Hi. I'd like to join this thread to learn and share various healthy lifestyle tips. I'm from Australia. 161cm tall, and 50.2kg. I realise I'm relatively healthy already, so I'm not looking to do anything too drastic. Perhaps tone up a bit, and get some abs. I do an hours worth of exercise everyday and believe that I have a pretty good diet (eating mostly unprocessed, organic foods). I do not starve myself and do indulge from time to time. My current goal is to reach 47kg. My main purpose for joining this thread is to make my lifestyle even more healthy. I am a med student, and I know that my future career will require me to encounter people with various illnesses and diseases on a day to day basis. I must develop a strong body not only so that I can cope with this sort environment but to also give a good example to my patients on how to live a healthy life. I look forward to sharing my experiences and making new acquaintances here.

Beloved Fatcat

Been so busy this week and had the flu. I haven't gotten to exercise really any, closes thing would be walking to classes and work. Been too sick to even go to weight training class. And next week is going to be somewhat busy too (thankfully not near as busy as this week). I feel a difference in my body from not exercising. :/
Been drinking a lot of water, which is a plus since my throat has been so dry and scratchy.
Little Fuzzy Bunneh
Regina_Knives

Yeah water will help if you don't have cranberry juice.
Komaches alt
Regina_Knives
Komaches alt
Regina_Knives
Komaches alt

I'm sure you'll get there all one needs is determination and support and it looks like you have both.

Thanks smile . I'm sure I'll get there eventually. I have plenty of support and determination. But I think it's been kind of held back because I'm getting ready to move very soon. When I move is when I'm focusing more on exercising and eating better.
Victoire Royale Chevrette
Hi, everyone.. I'm looking to lose weight and get healthy, but mostly get healthy and, you know, active, you know!

I've been losing weight on and off for about a year and went from around 135 to 108 lbs, being lazy and only exercising every so often but now I want to get it done~! I went to get down to around ~97(I'm 4'11 by the way, haha, so it's healthy for me). Or, really, just get rid of the gut I have - that's where all my fat goes! You won't believe how annoying it's been to even get to where it is now, with my body choosing to take fat off my calf. My calf. That could have waited.

What's worked for me is.. oddly enough, consistently buying jeans. Old jeans are loose? Go get some new ones. Whenever I keep the same pair of old jeans, I end up filling them right back up again, like normal, somehow. It's like I eat more when I know I can fit into my favorites, THERE IS NOTHING TO LOSE. evil i've gone from a size 9-10 to 2-4.

I exercise twice a week, light Wednesday, hardcore Thursday. Never sore after a Wednesday, sore until Monday on a Thursday, lol. I'm trying to get some light exercise on my weekends though, before I hit the hay.

Welcome! ^_^

I know that feels when you want to lose weight, then you get distracted and stop thinking about it. Oh my good you're tiny! My mom is barely 5'3", yet I'm 5'10". Yeah I've been trying to get rid of my tummy. It's where I'm most self-conscious.That sounds like a great idea. I was thinking of making a work out schedule and start to really influence it when I move. But I've been so stressed recently that I've not been able to keep up. Nonetheless good luck and I hope you reach the goals! 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff