Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Warlord

Regina_Knives

Welcome! I know that feeling when it comes to health. My old job I just relyed on fast and cheap food. I didn't think about fresh foods. I was working full time (and then some) at a high stressful job for me. Even though I'd try to go on a diet it just didn't work. Since I left that job I've ate much better and I'm not so stressed anymore. Good luck on school! Change can be great!

Motivation is very hard. Trust me changing my diet and trying to keep it was very hard for me at first. Even then I've cut back on eating a lot. So my meals are smaller. I'm proud of myself. Slowly but surely I'm getting there. If you're having trouble, then just take baby steps. You'll make it! Just remember why you want to change and lose weight.

Good luck with everything!

Thanks for all the warm wishes and insight! I think one of the first things I'm going to try is doing something physical on my breaks from homework. Usually I turn on netflix or poke my head into the kitchen to see if I can scavenge for food. Remedying this sounds like a good baby step to conquer first, so we'll see how it goes.

I also went shopping today for grocery and bought more fruits and vegetables. I'm hoping to try making lighter meals that still taste good. Any suggestions or favorite healthier meals?
Siver__Rose
Regina_Knives
Siver__Rose
              Siver__Rose Say:

Hello my name is Rose,

I have been over weight for some time in my life and I want to make a better change for myself. Would be awosme to have some friends that are on the same journey as me.

I am currently 21 (Birthday is on Feb. 24th)
        5 foot 1
        188 pounds
        I want to get to 125 pounds or 130 would be ok too

I have ben using weight watchers traker and try to go to zumba class at least twice a week

Welcome! ^_^

I know that feeling. I've been overweight most of my life too. How has weight watcher's been working out so far? One of my old friends from high started using it and it did help her. I've never been to Zumba, is it really fun? I was thinking about getting dance central for the xbox, but I'd also have to buy a kinect lol. I'll definitely think about it, so sometimes I won't have to go outside to exercise. I hope you reach your goal!

4laugh

Weight watchers would be so much easier if I had a fridge stocked with fruit and veggies since they are free points. But after being laid off work, finding a job has been pretty hard and depressing. I have been over my points every day which is no good at all. So its been hard.

I like zumba it is a constant movement all the time. And its a good moderater too. Because if you stop everyone can see you so you just keep going and push through it.

I hope I can get to my goal. If I ha started back when I wanted to, I would be at my goal weight by now. Sadly.

It's ok we can't dwell too much on the past or the "what if I did this instead?" kind of stuff. You just have to focus on the now. I don't blame you for going through such hard times. I know the feeling. When I was 18 it took me forever and a day to find a job. I was lucky enough for someone to hire me. I hope you find a new job. A lot of the times when others are watching I push myself as hard as I can.
ShadowDancingPrince
So, I've been lurking this thread for a while now and have decided to join you all, if you'll have me.

I'm twenty, 5'6", and well over weight. I want to change that and get healthy. I have most of the resouces around me for free, since I live on campus, I just lack the proper motivation to keep with it over a decent period of time.

I'm not sure what else to say at the moment but I'm sure I'll come up with something soon enough.

Welcome! ^_^ glad to hear some of your story.

That's awesome you have everything right in front of you! Take it while you still have a chance! You can't live on campus forever! Take the opportunity to use it to your advantage 4laugh . Best way for me to stay motivated was health and poor self esteem, but we all have our own reasons and ways. I hope you find yours! Good luck and I hope you can reach your goal!
Duccal
Regina_Knives

Welcome! I know that feeling when it comes to health. My old job I just relyed on fast and cheap food. I didn't think about fresh foods. I was working full time (and then some) at a high stressful job for me. Even though I'd try to go on a diet it just didn't work. Since I left that job I've ate much better and I'm not so stressed anymore. Good luck on school! Change can be great!

Motivation is very hard. Trust me changing my diet and trying to keep it was very hard for me at first. Even then I've cut back on eating a lot. So my meals are smaller. I'm proud of myself. Slowly but surely I'm getting there. If you're having trouble, then just take baby steps. You'll make it! Just remember why you want to change and lose weight.

Thanks for all the warm wishes and insight! I think one of the first things I'm going to try is doing something physical on my breaks from homework. Usually I turn on netflix or poke my head into the kitchen to see if I can scavenge for food. Remedying this sounds like a good baby step to conquer first, so we'll see how it goes.

I also went shopping today for grocery and bought more fruits and vegetables. I'm hoping to try making lighter meals that still taste good. Any suggestions or favorite healthier meals?

You're welcome!

There ya go! blaugh When you've been sitting for a long time. Just get up, do some stretches, maybe some sit ups, push ups, squats, etc. To get your body into movement.

Yay for fresh fruits and veggies! There are some great meals you can find online. I have quite a few recipes, but they require that you cook them and such. If you would like any let me know!

Shy Loverboy

man this seems like an awesome thread wish I knew about it when i started losing weight last year. maybe if I didn't quit XD
I'm 5.10 I was 245 lb. when I started I walked A LOT and had an extremely strict diet. now I'm 165 lb. cut down on walking a bit because of the cold and am trying just to sustain[sp?] my current weight by eating a bit more, till after winter. then I'm going back to try and lose the last 17 lb.

DeathlyGreed's Queen

Feral Sweetheart

13,825 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I'm sure many of you already know about this website, but I just discovered myfitnesspal.com

Holy crap, that site makes keeping track of my diet and exercises so much easier!

Greedy Warlord

Regina_Knives
Duccal
Regina_Knives

You're welcome!

There ya go! blaugh When you've been sitting for a long time. Just get up, do some stretches, maybe some sit ups, push ups, squats, etc. To get your body into movement.

Yay for fresh fruits and veggies! There are some great meals you can find online. I have quite a few recipes, but they require that you cook them and such. If you would like any let me know!

Cooking's not really a problem on weekends. In fact, it's probably on my list of favorite things to do (especially asian food (i lived in hong kong for a little while)), I just tend to make a lot of things that don't take long (and naturally aren't fantastic for you) when I'm busy at school.

If it's not too much trouble, I would love a few recipes (or a link to a site if it's more convenient)! I've found a few that I've tried out and really liked, but a lot of what I find are just variations of vegetable stir fry's. That's good and all, but something a little more adventurous would be nice. I'm a foodie and like tasty things XD

Greedy Warlord

Little Fuzzy Bunneh
I'm sure many of you already know about this website, but I just discovered myfitnesspal.com

Holy crap, that site makes keeping track of my diet and exercises so much easier!

I got that app on my phone a couple days ago! It's fantastic because it tells me if I'm not getting enough of some vitamins or eating too many calories. Also seeing that I can keep track of my water intake makes me want to drink more water.

DeathlyGreed's Queen

Feral Sweetheart

13,825 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
Duccal
Little Fuzzy Bunneh

I got that app on my phone a couple days ago! It's fantastic because it tells me if I'm not getting enough of some vitamins or eating too many calories. Also seeing that I can keep track of my water intake makes me want to drink more water.

I got a UTI right now and the best I can do is drink more water, but I never feel thirsty. But it's cool that I can track how much I drink as well.

Greedy Warlord

Little Fuzzy Bunneh
Duccal
Little Fuzzy Bunneh

I got a UTI right now and the best I can do is drink more water, but I never feel thirsty. But it's cool that I can track how much I drink as well.

Yeah you should definitely be drinking lots of water. My roommate had the same thing and she hadn't been a big water drinker up until then.

DeathlyGreed's Queen

Feral Sweetheart

13,825 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
Duccal
Little Fuzzy Bunneh
Duccal
Little Fuzzy Bunneh

Yeah you should definitely be drinking lots of water. My roommate had the same thing and she hadn't been a big water drinker up until then.

When I do drink, it is usually water or juice, but I typically don't drink anything unless I feel thirsty. I'm trying to force myself to drink up though. Too bad I don't have any cranberry juice. That stuff clears up UTIs like magic.

Greedy Warlord

Little Fuzzy Bunneh
Duccal
Little Fuzzy Bunneh
Duccal
Little Fuzzy Bunneh

When I do drink, it is usually water or juice, but I typically don't drink anything unless I feel thirsty. I'm trying to force myself to drink up though. Too bad I don't have any cranberry juice. That stuff clears up UTIs like magic.

Cranberry juice, huh. good to know smile
Little Fuzzy Bunneh
Duccal
Little Fuzzy Bunneh
Duccal
Little Fuzzy Bunneh

I had a UTI once and I drank 100% cranberry juice. Let me tell you that stuff was hard to put down, but it helped. If you don't have a trader joe's around or any store that might carry it then water is your best bet. I hope it clears up soon =/.
Alrighty folks I've got good news and bad news.

Good news: I went to a clinic the other day for a feminine check up and they took my vitals. My blood pressure is awesome, and I figured out my weight.
Last time I weighed myself it was at my aunt's store and it was 300lbs sweatdrop
I check myself now and I'm at 285lbs. So just from changing what I ate in the matter of a couple of months I've lost about 15 pounds yay! I know it's not all about the weight, but I think for me right now it is. So at least I know what I weigh!

Bad news: Yesterday my ankle thought it was a soccer ball because it tried to roll like one! In other words, I tripped and hurt my ankle bad. I wasn't even able to walk the rest of the day, but it's gotten a little better. So no walking or a lot of exercise for a while.
Plus side though it's not broken! lt's very lightly bruised and swollen, but it's better. I can walk to work (I don't actually own a vehicle) and I don't have to see a doctor which was the biggest concern I had. No insurance sucks.

Fun and eventful!
Komaches alt
man this seems like an awesome thread wish I knew about it when i started losing weight last year. maybe if I didn't quit XD
I'm 5.10 I was 245 lb. when I started I walked A LOT and had an extremely strict diet. now I'm 165 lb. cut down on walking a bit because of the cold and am trying just to sustain[sp?] my current weight by eating a bit more, till after winter. then I'm going back to try and lose the last 17 lb.

Welcome! That's awesome to hear. I really hope you sustain your weight smile .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff