Welcome to Gaia! ::

Regina_Knives
Siver__Rose
              Siver__Rose Say:

Hello my name is Rose,

I have been over weight for some time in my life and I want to make a better change for myself. Would be awosme to have some friends that are on the same journey as me.

I am currently 21 (Birthday is on Feb. 24th)
        5 foot 1
        188 pounds
        I want to get to 125 pounds or 130 would be ok too

I have ben using weight watchers traker and try to go to zumba class at least twice a week

Welcome! ^_^

I know that feeling. I've been overweight most of my life too. How has weight watcher's been working out so far? One of my old friends from high started using it and it did help her. I've never been to Zumba, is it really fun? I was thinking about getting dance central for the xbox, but I'd also have to buy a kinect lol. I'll definitely think about it, so sometimes I won't have to go outside to exercise. I hope you reach your goal!

4laugh

Weight watchers would be so much easier if I had a fridge stocked with fruit and veggies since they are free points. But after being laid off work, finding a job has been pretty hard and depressing. I have been over my points every day which is no good at all. So its been hard.

I like zumba it is a constant movement all the time. And its a good moderater too. Because if you stop everyone can see you so you just keep going and push through it.

I hope I can get to my goal. If I ha started back when I wanted to, I would be at my goal weight by now. Sadly.
Hi! -nervous wave-
I'd love to be a part of this thread. I'm trying to lose 60 pounds.. I'm currently 5'4'', and I weigh 215. I've been looking for the motivation to exercise. I don't have any money for a gym membership, and no one around me wants a healthy lifestyle.
It's time for me to make some changes in my life. So, from now on, daily, I'll be posting here for support. What kinds of exercises are the best? What routines should I follow? Stuff like that..
I was considering on making my own thread to track my progress. Would that be a good idea?

Popular Noob

3,600 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
Naked Bystander
Hi! -nervous wave-
I'd love to be a part of this thread. I'm trying to lose 60 pounds.. I'm currently 5'4'', and I weigh 215. I've been looking for the motivation to exercise. I don't have any money for a gym membership, and no one around me wants a healthy lifestyle.
It's time for me to make some changes in my life. So, from now on, daily, I'll be posting here for support. What kinds of exercises are the best? What routines should I follow? Stuff like that..
I was considering on making my own thread to track my progress. Would that be a good idea?

I think making your own thread or starting a blog would be a great way to track your progress!

As far as not being able to afford a gym, I can help you there. smile

I had to lose a whole bunch of weight to wear my costume to Anime Expo last year....and I had a month to do it. So I stopped eating starchy complex carbs (breads, pastas, potatoes, etc.) and sugar and extra fatty foods. I ate fruit, veggies, and lean protein like eggs, chicken breasts, lean beef, etc.

While doing that, I was also doing 400 crunches and 4 miles a day. I'd do two miles in the morning, eat lunch, then around 4 p.m., I'd do 200 crunches, another two miles, and then another 200 crunches. I lost 10 pounds of fat and gained 10 pounds of muscle in less than a month. Unfortunately, I gained it all back because after that I started eating unhealthy foods and not exercising. XD

The best way to keep the weight off is to change your lifestyle. Make eating healthy an everyday thing, and try to walk or jog a couple of miles every other day (once you reach your goal). If you have trouble losing body fat, talk to your doctor, you could have a hormone imbalance that can be fixed with a prescription.

Remember to focus on losing INCHES and MASS, not actual weight. When you excercise, you build muscle, and while it's leaner than fat, it weighs much more. 150 pounds of muscle is much smaller in size than 150 pounds of fat. smile

Doting Sweetheart

12,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Marathon 300
Going out in Style

Remember to focus on losing INCHES and MASS, not actual weight.

I cannot emphasize this enough!!!! Losing inches is far more important than losing weight itself, especially around the belly!
I have managed to lose 2 jean sizes through home work outs... home work outs are very useful good luck guys!
Naked Bystander
Hi! -nervous wave-

The big thing with this is that it has to be something you enjoy doing!
For me, it's dancing. I'm part of the competitive ballroom team at my university and that along with walking everywhere to get to class has helped. I've also started doing ab workouts with a friend. It's nice because I know he doesn't judge me, and genuinely wants to help me while we are in the privacy of a dorm room, rather than in front of a lot of people.

If you like to run, run. If you like to dance, dance. Swimming is something a lot of people enjoy doing. Even if you just run up and down stairs during the commercials of a TV show, it will help (that's what I do when I'm not at college).

Again, don't worry so much about weight, but about size. Like mentioned earlier, muscle weighs a LOT more than fat.

Fruits and veggies are your friends! I don't believe in trying to cut things out of your diet, so I'm not going to tell you to do that. If you like pizza, have a slice of pizza-- but don't eat a whole large on your own. If you are craving chocolate, have a fun size candy bar. Don't eat the whole bag. Moderation is key, ya know??

Popular Noob

3,600 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
Well, so far I've actually gained weight...but I'm assuming that it's from all of the muscle I'm building lol. All my clothes still fit the same ( sad ) but I was told that it can take up to four weeks for you to start noticing your body changing.

I'm excercising almost every day. (I take Sundays off. Sundays are always busy for me, and I need a day for my muscles to start rebuilding.) My standard workout is treadmill for 10 minutes, strength training for 30-45, and then stationary bike for another 10 as a cooldown.

I'm eating several small meals a day instead of three big ones, and trust me, always eating keeps you from craving junk food. If you're always full, you're never in a position to be DYING for a burger or tacos. XD

So far, so good. I'll keep you guys updated on when I actually notice a difference in my body. Keep at it, guys, I can't wait to hear about your results as well. I'm glad I have friends to share this with. biggrin

Beloved Giver

I haven't worked out this week. Just wasn't feeling good or up for it. I don't know how to beat those moments when I'm just not up for it. As much as I want to just play zumba or run on the treadmill, I can't get the push at all sometimes. I'm hoping today I can manage something.
My routine that I've developed involves a few things..
For about 3 minutes straight without stopping, I do sit ups. Then, when it starts to burn too much for me to handle, I switch to either leg lifts or push ups, and do a few of those. After that, I do some squats, and kind of dance around randomly in my room to techno. xD Then I do some stretches..
I repeat this process two times, sometimes adding little extras here and there.
I did this yesterday, and I can really feel it in my thigh muscles.
Do you think this will help me at all?
Naked Bystander
For about 3 minutes straight without stopping, I do sit ups. Then, when it starts to burn too much for me to handle, I switch to either leg lifts or push ups, and do a few of those. After that, I do some squats, and kind of dance around randomly in my room to techno. xD Then I do some stretches..

ANY movement helps. Like I said, if your house has stairs, run up and down them during commercials on tv. But from the sound of it, you are doing some good things. Again, muscle weighs more than fat so don't be discouraged by the scale. also, veggies. Lots and lots of them- especially darker greens like spinach, they are UBER good for you.

For info on how to have a healthy meal, and other info on foods in general, check out this website.

http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups/

Popular Noob

3,600 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
Naked Bystander
Yes! And keep doing as much as you can--the more you do it, the more you can push your body so you build muscle. Muscle eats fat, so if you build a lot of muscle, it will gobble up all that fat to sustain itself. Make sure you're adding cardio in there to keep your heart healthy and lower cholesterol levels. Heart disease is the #1 killer in America because people don't do their cardio workouts! Brisk walks/jogs/runs count, so does swimmiing and riding a bike, scooter, or skateboard. smile

Doting Sweetheart

12,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Marathon 300
Going out in Style
Well, so far I've actually gained weight...but I'm assuming that it's from all of the muscle I'm building lol. All my clothes still fit the same ( sad ) but I was told that it can take up to four weeks for you to start noticing your body changing.

I'm excercising almost every day. (I take Sundays off. Sundays are always busy for me, and I need a day for my muscles to start rebuilding.) My standard workout is treadmill for 10 minutes, strength training for 30-45, and then stationary bike for another 10 as a cooldown.

I'm eating several small meals a day instead of three big ones, and trust me, always eating keeps you from craving junk food. If you're always full, you're never in a position to be DYING for a burger or tacos. XD

So far, so good. I'll keep you guys updated on when I actually notice a difference in my body. Keep at it, guys, I can't wait to hear about your results as well. I'm glad I have friends to share this with. biggrin

You'll go through periods of gaining and losing weight. As long as you keep on pushing, you'll end up losing weight in the long run! Not to mention, the weight will stay off too!

As for my update, I spent most of my day yesterday cleaning. Stupid me forgot to put on my shoes with my inserts (I'm flat-footed neutral ) so now my feet are bothering me. I can't even stretch properly today. Oh well, maybe after a couple of days of resting, I'll be able to start running again.

Greedy Warlord

Hello everyone! I'm just now jumping on the bandwagon, but I think it's really great to have support for this kind of thing. I'm hoping that with some help from others who want the same thing I'll be more motivated to work at it. I'm 21, about 5'4" and currently at 208 lbs. I go to art school, so I don't get much sleep, eat whenever I get a free moment (I no longer have meals, it's just food time (and usually cheap stuff cuz I'm broke)) and on a good day replace food with alcohol.

I've never been particularly thin but the older I get the worse my health habits become. I'll be graduating soon and I'm starting to get worried that once I'm professionally tied to a computer screen I'll sacrifice my health for work even more so. It's definitely past time to make a change. I think in the long run I'll be happier and have more energy; I just get so terribly unmotivated and pitiful when it comes to my weight. Hopefully that will change as well. The goal is 30 lbs for now.

I hope you'll let me embark on this journey with you~
Duccal
Hello everyone! I'm just now jumping on the bandwagon, but I think it's really great to have support for this kind of thing. I'm hoping that with some help from others who want the same thing I'll be more motivated to work at it. I'm 21, about 5'4" and currently at 208 lbs. I go to art school, so I don't get much sleep, eat whenever I get a free moment (I no longer have meals, it's just food time (and usually cheap stuff cuz I'm broke)) and on a good day replace food with alcohol.

I've never been particularly thin but the older I get the worse my health habits become. I'll be graduating soon and I'm starting to get worried that once I'm professionally tied to a computer screen I'll sacrifice my health for work even more so. It's definitely past time to make a change. I think in the long run I'll be happier and have more energy; I just get so terribly unmotivated and pitiful when it comes to my weight. Hopefully that will change as well. The goal is 30 lbs for now.

I hope you'll let me embark on this journey with you~

Welcome! I know that feeling when it comes to health. My old job I just relyed on fast and cheap food. I didn't think about fresh foods. I was working full time (and then some) at a high stressful job for me. Even though I'd try to go on a diet it just didn't work. Since I left that job I've ate much better and I'm not so stressed anymore. Good luck on school! Change can be great!

Motivation is very hard. Trust me changing my diet and trying to keep it was very hard for me at first. Even then I've cut back on eating a lot. So my meals are smaller. I'm proud of myself. Slowly but surely I'm getting there. If you're having trouble, then just take baby steps. You'll make it! Just remember why you want to change and lose weight.

Good luck with everything!
So, I've been lurking this thread for a while now and have decided to join you all, if you'll have me.

I'm twenty, 5'6", and well over weight. I want to change that and get healthy. I have most of the resouces around me for free, since I live on campus, I just lack the proper motivation to keep with it over a decent period of time.

I'm not sure what else to say at the moment but I'm sure I'll come up with something soon enough.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff