Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quote:
Well the 30lbs is what I gained since March (when I was diagnosed), so my first goal is to get there and see how I'm doing/looking. It should help, especially with all the medications I take c: Just Dance is really fun, I live in a second floor condo and even using a treadmill didn't bother my downstairs neighbors. It also just depends on how thin/thick your walls and floors are.

I bet it does! Our floors and walls are very thin. Trust me when I say I'd cause an earthquake lol. It's why I have to step lightly when I walk into my home. But a condo has better floors than apartments do xp . I want to go out and start running. It's just been the initiative of putting on all the gear I have to put on. Which yes I know is an excuse, but I've been making myself walk quite a bit. If I don't run, then I can briskly walk for at least 30 minutes a day. It's a start for me, but eventually after I move I will start running. Once I get in a habit of it, then it'll all fit together!

Cheery Sweetheart

User Image

Ooooh, they have Gangnam Style on it? Might need to get that.

++ NJ? Oh, that's cool. You must be near Mitsuwa. Have you been there? If you haven't, it's this really big Japanese supermarket, with a bookstore and other stuff there too. It's in Edgewater, NJ. I need to go there again - some of the supermarkets here in NYC have Japanese things, but it's always more expensive than going to Mitsuwa, and Mitsuwa has more variety.
By the way, I want to start eating tofu - anyone know any good recipes with tofu? I know it's really healthy but I've never eaten it much before.

Any other suggestions for good, healthy ingredients to focus on?
Quote:
By the way, I want to start eating tofu - anyone know any good recipes with tofu? I know it's really healthy but I've never eaten it much before.

Any other suggestions for good, healthy ingredients to focus on?

Tofu is actually a pretty good product. It's suppose to replace meat pretty much, but I don't like it. I feel it tastes terrible and can't replace meat. I love beef, chicken, turkey, fish, etc. But if you want to then you go for it. There are some awesome and easy recipes you can find online. Google is amazing at finding some good recipes! I hope you find some good ones!

But easiest and healthiest foods to focus on are vegetables. I love cucumbers. They're packed full of fiber (I eat them raw and like I would and apple or pear), they also have some great vitamins and help keep you hydrated. I used to power walk to work and then snack on a cucumber. Also apples are good because they have a lot of fiber, just watch out for the sugar. They're naturally sweet, but don't be excessive. Other than that, I like to drink low sodium V8. It gives me a lot of the daily veggie intake I need. But yes I say go for tofu. I don't like it, but that doesn't no one else can try it. It's just not to my flavor.

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
LavenderMintRose

Gangnam Style was the first DLC, so it costs the extra $1 or so, but yeah, that was most of the reason why I wanted it xD

I believe I've been to Mitsuwa once, but I mostly go to the markets in Englewood since I worked on the ambulance there. The ones in Englewood are fun since they are all mom and pop stores that import everything from different Asian countries depending on the market.

I'm a tofu fiend so I can help with that!
This one of my favorites, I don't put in the nutritional yeast and usually add mushrooms and zucchini and much more cumin, but that is the recipe I've been using for years. That website is great for vegan recipes, which I love using to get more veg in my diet.

Honestly look into using more herbs and spices instead of just salt. I love using scallions, chives, and oregano in my scrambled eggs. Also avocado may have a lot of calories, but it has all sorts of good fats in it. Pomegranate is super healthy too, but can be a bit annoying to get the edible part out of the whole fruit. Beans are also very good since they are full of protein and fiber. Green Tea shows promise for helping with cholesterol levels and is a great antioxidant.

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Regina_Knives

My complex has both apartments and condos, but they're all built the same... Then again I live in a very rural suburb, so things are a bit different then most places. What gear do you need to put on? I always just put on my workout clothes and good shoes. Are you looking into moving right now?
MedicAudino

My complex has both apartments and condos, but they're all built the same... Then again I live in a very rural suburb, so things are a bit different then most places. What gear do you need to put on? I always just put on my workout clothes and good shoes. Are you looking into moving right now?

Unfortunately the apartments I live in are built very cheaply. They used cheap materials and so yeah you could hear the neighbors in another building close by. I wish they used better materials, but meh nothing I can do about it.

My workout clothes consists of 3 bras, yoga pants (or whatever's available), an undershirt and then a t-shirt above that. I am a 42DD bra size and they're very heavy. When I run they bounce and it hurts. So I have to wear that much to get to them to stop bouncing. Even then they still move sad .

I'm moving in the next couple of months. I'm still packing and what not, but when I've moved I'm going to really start getting to running and eating better. Right now has been my incentive to push forward with my resolution and get some good habits into my head and follow through with them here. I'm focusing more on diet than exercise right now.

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Regina_Knives

That sucks, but at least your moving out and should be able to walk without all of your neighbors knowing it! You're focused more on diet? What are you looking to change about your diet? I love researching nutrition and I've been cooking since I was little, so I love talking food C:

I hate to pry, but what brands of bras are you using? I'm a 36D and have found that actually Old Navy makes insanely supportive sports bras. I got two during a sale for $5 each and have since bought a few more. It can take some work finding bras that fit right for exercising, but worth the hunt.
Quote:

That sucks, but at least your moving out and should be able to walk without all of your neighbors knowing it! You're focused more on diet? What are you looking to change about your diet? I love researching nutrition and I've been cooking since I was little, so I love talking food C:

I hate to pry, but what brands of bras are you using? I'm a 36D and have found that actually Old Navy makes insanely supportive sports bras. I got two during a sale for $5 each and have since bought a few more. It can take some work finding bras that fit right for exercising, but worth the hunt.

Yes and I'll be moving to a place that is downstairs so heck yes I'll dance all I want then! Plus I don't like to bother my neighbors when I live upstairs.

I'm looking to cut out junk food, make fast food a very rare treat, and drink much more water. Also I want to start really getting myself to really eat fruits and veggies more. I hardly eat any fruits and vegetables in my diet right now. It's a rarity and I'm going to make it common ground. On top of that I'll be cutting out red meat and substituting it more with fish or chicken.

Sports bra wise I'm not very good at choosing lol. I just go to walmart. They had a good sale. It was a 3 bra set for $10. Regular bras I use cacique bras which are associated with Lane Bryant (a plus size store). They have the most comfortable bras I've ever worn. I'll have to check Old Navy when they have a great sale like that.

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Regina_Knives

Cutting out junk food is hard, watch this bit of nerdage to learn more about why.Try getting a vegan and/or vegetarian cookbook, or check out some food blogs. Always a great way to add more tasty veggies c: Also if you like crisps try doing Kale Chips; you just rip up some kale, rub it with oil and some salt, then bake it. Super easy and tasty!

Oh I know Lane Bryant, I used to work at one heart Best job I've ever had besides my EMS volunteer work. Cacique actually has some sports bras, but I don't think many stores stock them. The No Bounce and Molded Underwire ones look like they'd be the most supportive.
Regina_Knives
Sounds like a plan to me! I know some things about dieting. Not a whole lot, but I know my diet is not absolutely terrible, but it's not the healthiest it could be. It can always improve, but I'm still working on a diet plan that I can not only stick to, but an exercise plan that fits my schedule as well.
I am always willing to talk about what worked with me. What kind of schedule do you have? Also if you want to talk about your diet. I can talk about what I have learned over the years. The short of mine is that right now I am doing the Paleo diet. It is a pretty hard diet, but it has good results. Just let me know what you want to learn.
Hi c:
I'm currently 5'8 and 145 lbs. I want to lose at least 10 lbs a month till I get down to 120. I would love to help and encourage you with your weight loss!
MedicAudino
Regina_Knives

Cutting out junk food is hard, watch this bit of nerdage to learn more about why.Try getting a vegan and/or vegetarian cookbook, or check out some food blogs. Always a great way to add more tasty veggies c: Also if you like crisps try doing Kale Chips; you just rip up some kale, rub it with oil and some salt, then bake it. Super easy and tasty!

Oh I know Lane Bryant, I used to work at one heart Best job I've ever had besides my EMS volunteer work. Cacique actually has some sports bras, but I don't think many stores stock them. The No Bounce and Molded Underwire ones look like they'd be the most supportive.

That video was awesome! I like that guy! I have quite a few recipes of my own, but I've not had the money to buy everything I want. Since I've been packing moving stuff. It's been costly. I'm moving across the country and the only way I can afford to go is mail all my stuff to the new place and then fly there. So it's been a bit stressful for me. But the kale chips sound like a good idea! I hate kale only because it's pretty much grass when raw. I'll give the baked ones a try though.

Lane Bryant is awesome and I'm fairly tempted to buy a sports bra from them. They've got the buy 2 get 2 for free deal and that's when I shop from them!
Quote:
I am always willing to talk about what worked with me. What kind of schedule do you have? Also if you want to talk about your diet. I can talk about what I have learned over the years. The short of mine is that right now I am doing the Paleo diet. It is a pretty hard diet, but it has good results. Just let me know what you want to learn.

Well I have an ok schedule. I generally work during the evening time, so I have the mornings-afternoons free. What is the Paleo Diet?
Scenarios
Hi c:
I'm currently 5'8 and 145 lbs. I want to lose at least 10 lbs a month till I get down to 120. I would love to help and encourage you with your weight loss!

Welcome! You go girl! Thanks for the support. Everyone needs a great support team. 3nodding
Regina_Knives
Scenarios
Hi c:

Welcome! You go girl! Thanks for the support. Everyone needs a great support team. 3nodding

I'm not sure if you have an iPod/iPhone but there is this super helpful app I found that let's you track your weightloss and keep track of intake and exercise! It's called myfitnesspal. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff