Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greetings and Salutations!

I thought it would be a good way to make new friends by finding some weight loss buddies! They don't have to be in person. Maybe there could be someone I can count calories with, figure out daily exercises, food intake, figure out what's good food vs bad food, etc.

It sounds like a great idea. Men and women alike come on in.

I'll start with why I want to lose weight. I'm scared I might be diabetic, but do to being a bit poor, I can't afford to go to a doctor to be tested. I've always been big and I've been worried about my weight. I don't have as much confidence as I use to and now I'm worried for my health.

I look at myself and say "I'm not that big. Not like some people."
Then I'll look at pictures of myself and videos of myself and I feel terrible. I don't believe in the whole 'cameras add 10 pounds' crap, but I feel I'm bigger than I think I am. If that makes sense xp .
Thank goodness my love tells me I'm beautiful just the way I am. But he's supporting me in wanting to lose weight. Lol He told me I could be 130 pounds or 1300 pounds and he'd love me either way just the same. If it weren't for him, then definitely I wouldn't be strong enough to go for this goal.

I am 5'10" and weigh about 285 pounds (last time I checked). I'll never be a size 3, but I don't want to be a size 30! I think for my body type, I am at the smallest a size 12. So my weight goal is to lose 100 pounds! After I lose that 100 pounds, then I might decide whether I want to lose more or not.

NEWCOMERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!

(P.S. If there's a guild or anything like or if this is a second post I apologize. I couldn't find anything like that sweatdrop . But I still want to follow through with this! Best luck to everyone who wants to do the same as me!)

Alrighty I guess I have needed to make some rules.

1. Of course follow theToS and R&G on this site.

2. Please no soliciting. These people are here to help themselves to be better fit for their lives. They're not cash cows looking for an easy way out. I don't mind if you recommend a product that might help, but don't offer that you can "get us some for a cheaper price." If I were to want it that bad, I'd contact you or pm you. Otherwise please no soliciting.

3. No spamming or bumping.

4. No advertisements for weight loss products. Again it's the no soliciting policy I'm having put in place. I know some mean well, but still it's not a commercial paradise here. Just because we want to lose weight doesn't mean we want to buy every weight loss product we see.

Dapper Shapeshifter

7,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Yes I will join you. I am 5'6'' and weight 270lbs. I am looking to lose 40 pounds by May 2013 which in that month is my wedding anniversary. My total goal is to loose 100 pounds. Once I get there I will see if I need to lose more. I have a heavy frame, Apple shape. ( my avatar is male but I am a female in real life). My highest weight was 305lbs. I don't want to see that number ever again! Just like you I know I will never be a size 3, I am just not built that way. It would be nice to be a size 10. So far I have been eating complex carbs instead of simple carbs, I try to walk or do some type of excersise for at least 40 minutes a day and I drink plenty of fluids 70% of it water. I subscribed to this thread, I hope that others to do. We can post our goals each week and also share experiences on our diets.
Ren Miyazaki
Yes I will join you. I am 5'6'' and weight 270lbs. I am looking to lose 40 pounds by May 2013 which in that month is my wedding anniversary. My total goal is to loose 100 pounds. Once I get there I will see if I need to lose more. I have a heavy frame, Apple shape. ( my avatar is male but I am a female in real life). My highest weight was 305lbs. I don't want to see that number ever again! Just like you I know I will never be a size 3, I am just not built that way. It would be nice to be a size 10. So far I have been eating complex carbs instead of simple carbs, I try to walk or do some type of excersise for at least 40 minutes a day and I drink plenty of fluids 70% of it water. I subscribed to this thread, I hope that others to do. We can post our goals each week and also share experiences on our diets.

Yay *claps* someone responded! I'm glad to hear your story and happy anniversary when you get to it! I'm glad to hear your goal! I have no idea really what my body shape. I think I'm either an apple or hourglass. I know for a fact I'm not a pear shape. I don't have that much booty! I can't really tell because I've been so big that I don't know what it is. I hope I find it soon. I'm glad you're doing this and have subscribed!

I have been a bad girl and I've not had much water. I'm fixing that asap! I'm cutting soda down for the most part. Instead of 44 oz of soda a day, I've cut it to about 16-20 oz of soda and that's it. Then after that I'll cut it out completely. Food wise it's been hard. Exercise wise, well, I walk to work. I walk fast and I'm up on my feet most of the day. Then I walk home after work. I also carry a bag that a little bit less than twenty five pounds. Also I don't own a vehicle, so you guessed it, I walk everywhere!

Cheery Sweetheart

User Image

Hi! I'd love to join in!

I'm 5'7" and I weigh 234, as of earlier today (yesterday, I guess. Oh wow, it's 2:30 already).
I want to get smaller so that I can fit into more Japanese clothes - like Lolita and stuff. I've lost a bit already, I used to be 250. But it took me about a year to lose just that. I wasn't really trying, I just cut fast food. This year, I want to try more. I'm going to actually cultivate healthy habits: sleep, eating schedules, drinking more water, and most importantly, exercise. I'm going to join a running club, and I'm also going to start playing tennis. I want to lose 90 pounds this year. I have a planner that has a space for a weight graph in it, so I'm going to use that. 90/year divides to 7-8 a month, so that's my goal.

I'm a size 14/16 US, also. In not-stretchy tops and dresses, sometimes a little more because of my chest.
LavenderMintRose

Hi! I'd love to join in!

I'm 5'7" and I weigh 234, as of earlier today (yesterday, I guess. Oh wow, it's 2:30 already).
I want to get smaller so that I can fit into more Japanese clothes - like Lolita and stuff. I've lost a bit already, I used to be 250. But it took me about a year to lose just that. I wasn't really trying, I just cut fast food. This year, I want to try more. I'm going to actually cultivate healthy habits: sleep, eating schedules, drinking more water, and most importantly, exercise. I'm going to join a running club, and I'm also going to start playing tennis. I want to lose 90 pounds this year. I have a planner that has a space for a weight graph in it, so I'm going to use that. 90/year divides to 7-8 a month, so that's my goal.

I'm a size 14/16 US, also. In not-stretchy tops and dresses, sometimes a little more because of my chest.

Congrats on losing some already! Sometimes just cutting something unhealthy off is a fantastic thing to do! Once in a great while I'll treat myself to some fast food, but I try not to make a nasty habit. Push comes to shove, home made food is entirely better! I have a problem running. I do enjoy it, but my body not so much. My breasts are huge and very heavy. To keep the bouncing to a minimum I have to wear a regular bra and 2 sports bras! So it's not very fun, but I want to get started again. It's a great carido work out. The same goes with swimming which is one of my favorites lolz.

Do you have any suggestions as to how I could make a schedule for me? I'm pretty bad at making a schedule for eating and such. Most of the time I don't stick to it! But my love is helping me and he's going to be my cheerleader/coach since he's much healthier weight wise xp .

I am in the process of moving in the next couple of months, but I'm still going to get some good eating/exercising habits in me before I leave.

Cheery Sweetheart

User Image

Regina_Knives

Do you have any suggestions as to how I could make a schedule for me? I'm pretty bad at making a schedule for eating and such. Most of the time I don't stick to it! But my love is helping me and he's going to be my cheerleader/coach since he's much healthier weight wise xp .

ehhh that's what I'm trying to work on right now. So I don't really have any tips, because I'm trying to figure it out... I think just, sticking to certain times a day would help. If you have a schedule that varies on different days (like, with different classes or work schedules or something) still try to maintain the same time, and such. Like if I have class at 9:45 on only two days, I'm going to wake up the time I'd need to for those days, every day, to get used to it.

++ good luck with your move, too!
Quote:
ehhh that's what I'm trying to work on right now. So I don't really have any tips, because I'm trying to figure it out... I think just, sticking to certain times a day would help. If you have a schedule that varies on different days (like, with different classes or work schedules or something) still try to maintain the same time, and such. Like if I have class at 9:45 on only two days, I'm going to wake up the time I'd need to for those days, every day, to get used to it.

++ good luck with your move, too!

Thank you! My schedule isn't very hectic. I have a steady set of hours and my sleep schedule is pretty good. I can come up with some decent schedule ideas, but maintaining it is the hard part. When you live with a taken girl gamer (who has been helping me a bit), two bachelor gamers, one taken gamer...yeah it's pretty hard to stay focused on healthy food sweatdrop . But I will try to work with my schedule. I work at a gas station, so I'm surrounded by temptation. But I've done well at not buying the junk food. I drink green tea with no sweetening of anything. I prefer the bitter taste and most of the time I drink coffee black. Very rarely do I go to starbucks for sweet tea/coffee. I plan to keep it that way.

I'm off Mondays and Wednesdays. Generally I work from 6pm-10pm four evenings a week and then a 2-10pm shift once a week. So I have plenty of time to make schedules! But I'm still really bad at them. I'm trying to work on it. Wish me luck there! I can plan for schedules and make deadlines...but diet and exercise....it's like an unknown universe for some reason xp .

I think it might have to do with me doing it alone. As of right now I'm starting this on my own. I think people should work in groups to finding and accomplishing similar goals. It helps them to feel united and not so alone. We all have our own goals, but why not have a cheer squad that are going through the same! Positivity all the way!

Advanced Lunatic

Regina_Knives
Greetings and Salutations!

I thought it would be a good way to make new friends by finding some weight loss buddies! They don't have to be in person. Maybe there could be someone I can count calories with, figure out daily exercises, food intake, figure out what's good food vs bad food, etc.

It sounds like a great idea. Men and women alike come on in.

I'll start with why I want to lose weight. I'm scared I might be diabetic, but do to being a bit poor, I can't afford to go to a doctor to be tested. I've always been big and I've been worried about my weight. I don't have as much confidence as I use to and now I'm worried for my health.

I look at myself and say "I'm not that big. Not like some people."
Then I'll look at pictures of myself and videos of myself and I feel terrible. I don't believe in the whole 'cameras add 10 pounds' crap, but I feel I'm bigger than I think I am. If that makes sense xp .
Thank goodness my love tells me I'm beautiful just the way I am. But he's supporting me in wanting to lose weight. Lol He told me I could be 130 pounds or 1300 pounds and he'd love me either way just the same. If it weren't for him, then definitely I wouldn't be strong enough to go for this goal.

I am 5'10" and weigh about 285 pounds (last time I checked). I'll never be a size 3, but I don't want to be a size 30! I think for my body type, I am at the smallest a size 12. So my weight goal is to lose 100 pounds! After I lose that 100 pounds, then I might decide whether I want to lose more or not.

So does anyone want to join me?

(P.S. If there's a guild or anything like or if this is a second post I apologize. I couldn't find anything like that sweatdrop . But I still want to follow through with this! Best luck to everyone who wants to do the same as me!)

If you are interested, I know a product that could most likely help you. Not only that, but it could also prevent you from ever having diabetes.
It's no kind of drug or anything, it's actually minerals and vitamins that your body is most likely lacking in order to help your metabolism increase, among other things.
If you're interested, just watch the first video on here, "90 For Life, Product Presentation." It's twenty minutes long, and should be easy enough to fully sit through. It's an incredible product and I'm highly surprised.

If you need more proof behind the product, I'm willing to look for testimonies that will back it up. It works, and it's completely healthy for you. It's more than healthy for you, it's better for you in many aspects.

Let me know your opinions on the product, and I look forward to hearing from you.
P.S. if you are interested, let me know befor you dwell further into it, I know a way that could make the experience better -- a way to get your product practically free, and help others around you as well.

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Hello all!

I'm starting off the New Year trying to lose at least 30 lbs.; I'm 5'7" and about 170lbs. I know it doesn't sound like I'm too much overweight, but I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and having the extra weight could mean less time with functioning joints. I'm going to look into joining New York Sports Club since the one in my area has a pool and is super close, but I'm also thinking about trying Jillian Michal's 30 Day Shred for off days. I also have Just Dance 3 and 4 to have way too much fun while exercising c:

I think it would be great to have a group of us to come to for support, especially when those bad days come about heart
I am good at being a check in person. I can also give out some fitness advice and all that stuff too. I have lost plenty of weight over the past couple of years... well what I could lose. Just let me know if you want more info.

Cheery Sweetheart

User Image

MedicAudino
Hello all!

I'm starting off the New Year trying to lose at least 30 lbs.; I'm 5'7" and about 170lbs. I know it doesn't sound like I'm too much overweight, but I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and having the extra weight could mean less time with functioning joints. I'm going to look into joining New York Sports Club since the one in my area has a pool and is super close, but I'm also thinking about trying Jillian Michal's 30 Day Shred for off days. I also have Just Dance 3 and 4 to have way too much fun while exercising c:

I think it would be great to have a group of us to come to for support, especially when those bad days come about heart

Oh, you're in New York? I am too! Are you in the city? I used to be a member of NYSC, I had to stop a while ago because I couldn't really afford it, but I'd go back there if I can at some point. It's a nice gym system.

I'm going to join a running class instead, though. There's a store called JackRabbit that has group running classes, and their beginner one seems like it would work even for someone as out of shape as I am... so I'm going to sign up for that.

++ I love Just Dance! I only have 3, though. What are your favorites on there? Is 4 really good? I really like doing "Pump It" by Black Eyed Peas on 3. Also do you play it on XBox or Wii? I only have Wii.
MedicAudino
Hello all!

Hello! Hey it's not how much it is, it's that you're doing it for you! If you feel you need to lose only 30 pounds then I say go for it girl! I'm sorry you have Rheumatoid Arthritis sad . Hopefully losing that weight will help calm the arthritis! I want to get Just Dance! It looks like so much fun. I don't want to get it right now mostly because I live in apartments and I live in an upstairs apartment. So I don't want to cause and earthquake for the neighbors downstairs lol.

And yes this would be a good place to find support when you're feeling down. Not to mention we can all cheer each other on and we can all get through it!: 4laugh
XenoReiji
I am good at being a check in person. I can also give out some fitness advice and all that stuff too. I have lost plenty of weight over the past couple of years... well what I could lose. Just let me know if you want more info.

Sounds like a plan to me! I know some things about dieting. Not a whole lot, but I know my diet is not absolutely terrible, but it's not the healthiest it could be. It can always improve, but I'm still working on a diet plan that I can not only stick to, but an exercise plan that fits my schedule as well.
Quote:
If you are interested, I know a product that could most likely help you. Not only that, but it could also prevent you from ever having diabetes.
It's no kind of drug or anything, it's actually minerals and vitamins that your body is most likely lacking in order to help your metabolism increase, among other things.
If you're interested, just watch the first video on here, "90 For Life, Product Presentation." It's twenty minutes long, and should be easy enough to fully sit through. It's an incredible product and I'm highly surprised.

If you need more proof behind the product, I'm willing to look for testimonies that will back it up. It works, and it's completely healthy for you. It's more than healthy for you, it's better for you in many aspects.

Let me know your opinions on the product, and I look forward to hearing from you.
P.S. if you are interested, let me know befor you dwell further into it, I know a way that could make the experience better -- a way to get your product practically free, and help others around you as well.

Well I don't think we really need a bunch of supplements. We just need to control what we eat and when we eat. I don't really believe in relying on supplements to lose weight. Only in extreme cases should they be needed. Thank you for the offer, but I don't need it.

To be honest, I'm not trying to sound mean, but please don't solicit. I'm going to have to make rules now lol.

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
LavenderMintRose

I'm actually across the border in Bergen county NJ c: I actually went shortly after posting and joined, I basically need the pool to exercise with my joints and theirs' is really nice. I could also get my mom 7 free days and I could bring my little sister to go swimming on Sundays, which is all awesome!

I wish I could do something cheap like running, I loved doing Couch to 5K so much. Running can be so much fun, especially if you have good music to go with it heart

I play it the Wii, since I got my original one when the Wii first came out. My favorite song is probably "Boyfriend" by Avril since my friends and I would always dance to it in grade school. At senior prom we did the whole dance like insane women xD I haven't gotten to play 4 yet since I just got it as a late Christmas gift, but I think I'm going into later so I can buy "Gangnam Style" c:

Regina_Knives

Well the 30lbs is what I gained since March (when I was diagnosed), so my first goal is to get there and see how I'm doing/looking. It should help, especially with all the medications I take c: Just Dance is really fun, I live in a second floor condo and even using a treadmill didn't bother my downstairs neighbors. It also just depends on how thin/thick your walls and floors are.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff