Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Kitten

hey everyone, hows your journeys going?
im going to do this video tonight
or some of it at least smile

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/Cardio-HIIT-Workout-Butt-Thighs-Abs-Ultimate-Workout-for-Belly-Fat-Loss-No-Equipment/jm/

blonde_ditz_21's Princess

Powerful Nymph

11,200 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
sorry i kinda poofed D: still working hard!

Dangerous Lunatic

Hello guys! I'm trying to lose weight- may I join your group?

My name is Jen, I live around San Francisco, and I am currently 5'9" and 169 lbs. Yesterday, I hiked 9 miles or so to the top of a small mountain (about 1,558 ft), but it took me like 3 hours with a lot of breaks. I want to be able to hike higher and further in a shorter time, and
i want to lose at least 30 lbs and gain some muscle- my arms are very weak. I don't have access to a gym, but there are exercises you can do without equipment. =)

I don't think there's really a problem with my diet; at least not anymore. I don't eat ant grains and go low on sugars. It's mainly vegetables, meat and leafy greens for me. If anything, I do have a drink or two maybe twice a week, and I drink coffee. I could cut back on those.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text! I hope to become part of this thread. <3

Powerful Nymph

11,200 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Drink the Water
Hello guys! I'm trying to lose weight- may I join your group?

My name is Jen, I live around San Francisco, and I am currently 5'9" and 169 lbs. Yesterday, I hiked 9 miles or so to the top of a small mountain (about 1,558 ft), but it took me like 3 hours with a lot of breaks. I want to be able to hike higher and further in a shorter time, and
i want to lose at least 30 lbs and gain some muscle- my arms are very weak. I don't have access to a gym, but there are exercises you can do without equipment. =)

I don't think there's really a problem with my diet; at least not anymore. I don't eat ant grains and go low on sugars. It's mainly vegetables, meat and leafy greens for me. If anything, I do have a drink or two maybe twice a week, and I drink coffee. I could cut back on those.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text! I hope to become part of this thread. <3

your current weight is right about my goal weight .-. i feel fats now lol. yes join us!!

Dangerous Lunatic

Ryaly

your current weight is right about my goal weight .-. i feel fats now lol. yes join us!!

Aww, I didn't mean to make you feel bad. sweatdrop
Honestly, where I am now is pretty healthy- according to the BMI calculator, it's within the healthy weight parameter. I feel great where I am, and I think you will too!
But I know I'll feel even better if I keep going, so I gotta push this as far as I can. =P

Dangerous Lunatic

SabersKitten
hey everyone, hows your journeys going?
im going to do this video tonight
or some of it at least smile

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/Cardio-HIIT-Workout-Butt-Thighs-Abs-Ultimate-Workout-for-Belly-Fat-Loss-No-Equipment/jm/

Thanks for the link! That's really helpful. 4laugh

Demonic Kitten

your welcome, and welcome to the group. i joined a site called dailyburn.com
its ten bucks a month with a free month trial...and god its fun lol im doing the free trial right now

Powerful Nymph

11,200 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Drink the Water
Ryaly

Aww, I didn't mean to make you feel bad. sweatdrop
Honestly, where I am now is pretty healthy- according to the BMI calculator, it's within the healthy weight parameter. I feel great where I am, and I think you will too!
But I know I'll feel even better if I keep going, so I gotta push this as far as I can. =P

haha no worries! and yea i'm allmost your height so our healthy range is close ^.^

Dangerous Lunatic

So guys, I hiked for just about an hour and a half today, and I didn't reach the top of the mountain because of time constraints, but I got pretty close. To me, hiking is the most rewarding exercise because it's so rewarding. If you guys don't mind, I might just post some of my photos from some of the days I go hiking (I'm trying to go every day). It really motivates me, so it might motivate others too? I'm not sure. But I'll share in case it does.
Anyway, today I might not have reached the peak, but I still got a decent view. My camera skills don't really do it justice, but here it is anyway.:
User Image

I like to think that the more I get in shape through just walking up mountains, the better the views will be.

Powerful Nymph

11,200 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
how do y'all keep from stress eating? .-.

Beloved Donator

I honestly just try my best to keep away from food.
I try to keep myself busy and honestly, if you feel stressed, you should probably exercise.

Ryaly
how do y'all keep from stress eating? .-.

Beloved Donator

That's really cool! Nice view, too. Though, it would have given me the jitters. I wish there were places to hike around here--not that I'm sure I could convince myself to go do it.

Drink the Water
So guys, I hiked for just about an hour and a half today, and I didn't reach the top of the mountain because of time constraints, but I got pretty close. To me, hiking is the most rewarding exercise because it's so rewarding. If you guys don't mind, I might just post some of my photos from some of the days I go hiking (I'm trying to go every day). It really motivates me, so it might motivate others too? I'm not sure. But I'll share in case it does.
Anyway, today I might not have reached the peak, but I still got a decent view. My camera skills don't really do it justice, but here it is anyway.:
User Image

I like to think that the more I get in shape through just walking up mountains, the better the views will be.

Conservative Member

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Timid 100
Anyone here? I'd like to join this weight-loss group! (:

I'm 18 y.o. & my height is 5'02

SW: 147
CW: 135
GW: 110

So far I've lost 12 pounds. On June 1st I started the Paleo diet but since I SUCK at sticking with stuff... I'm not doing Paleo anymore. During this diet I lost 5 pounds but I think it was because I was drinking a lot of Jamaican Flower tea... Which I also stopped drinking (I'm in need of serious motivation here)

Currently I'm just buying more organic & eating way less, while actually having breakfast (I used to not have any breakfast at all).

~Also, some of you might say 110 is probably less than I should weight & that might be true but keep in mind I don't plan on doing this in any unhealthy way. All of my fat tends to go to my lower body & despite having lost 12 pounds I can only see the difference on my stomach...which I did not mind how it looked. I've tried doing leg exercises but they just make hem bigger, rounder and harder >.> So... maybe loosing a bit more weight that I actually should /could/ help?

As for my physical activity, I'm walking 4-6 miles 2-3 times a week.

Beloved Donator

Actually, according to a BMI calculator, 110 pounds is actually a perfect weight for your height.
However, BMI calculators are often kinda of wrong. I really recommend not making your goal to
be a certain weight unless you are obese or extremely overweight. I actually recommend having
health milestones and goals or even physical fitness goals.

And, the best way to lose fat is to combine cardio and weight lifting (or strength training) at least
5 times a week. I guess walking is great exercise, but there are way better and more effective
ones. But, if you enjoy your walks, that sounds just fine.

Tachiiyomi
Anyone here? I'd like to join this weight-loss group! (:

I'm 18 y.o. & my height is 5'02

SW: 147
CW: 135
GW: 110

So far I've lost 12 pounds. On June 1st I started the Paleo diet but since I SUCK at sticking with stuff... I'm not doing Paleo anymore. During this diet I lost 5 pounds but I think it was because I was drinking a lot of Jamaican Flower tea... Which I also stopped drinking (I'm in need of serious motivation here)

Currently I'm just buying more organic & eating way less, while actually having breakfast (I used to not have any breakfast at all).

~Also, some of you might say 110 is probably less than I should weight & that might be true but keep in mind I don't plan on doing this in any unhealthy way. All of my fat tends to go to my lower body & despite having lost 12 pounds I can only see the difference on my stomach...which I did not mind how it looked. I've tried doing leg exercises but they just make hem bigger, rounder and harder >.> So... maybe loosing a bit more weight that I actually should /could/ help?

As for my physical activity, I'm walking 4-6 miles 2-3 times a week.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff