Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Gaian

11,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Trader 100
I have bipolar disorder

and wheni get depressed from it I get really bad body pains. Sometimes so bad to the point im on the floor crying for three hours.

I went to the ER and they gave me Vicodin for my throat ( was super swollen and so was my uvula ) and I told them it may help my depression pains.

Ive been taking it and It helps alot!!! They said it makes you feel euphoric and I know that feeling from the mania phases of my bi polar disorder

HOW EVER, I do not feel this way when I take it. I feel normal and function normal and the pain isnt really there.

They say bipolar people tend to have addiction problems and that I understand. My whole family pretty much has drug abuse issues

THe medicines I take now are supposed to be super addictive, yet I can go months with out taking them and be fine.

Would it be reasonable to talk to a doctor about getting them prscribed to me? I wont be taking them for more than a week and a half at a time. thats the longest I stay depressed.

I know they are super addictive, but I dont have the euphoria to get addicted to?

thoughts?

Fashionable Lunatic

10,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
It is a slippery slope.
You will be surprised at how fast your body builds up an immunity to them.
You'll need more and more for them to help.
I would be extremely careful if I were you.
If you & your doctor think that it is a good option for you then give it a try.

Generous Poster

6,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
I think it should be fine as long as you're careful with taking them and can keep control not to get addicted. I have medicine that is suppose to help my panic attacks when I have them but I'm not suppose to take it regularly because of its properties and how strong it is. I only take it like once or twice a month when I feel I simply cant handle it.

So go for it if youre confident enough, otherwise I'd try to stay away from the stong addicting stuff.
This may sound wierd but have you tried pickle juice when your in pain. It's suppose to work great. It helps me when I cramp during "that time of the month" and I've never heard of it not working...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff