Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Noob

5,850 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Healer 100
Are there any other Gaians out there who are vegan? I was hoping we could have a support thread here!
I am a new vegetarian with a goal to be completely vegan. I am working my way to it slowly but surely. I support all who make their own choices in their lifestyles! One of my good friends is vegan and is my support through my journey in beginning to taper out meat and animal products.
I've been Vegan for 3 years or so now. Hi ^_^

Hygienic Citizen

4,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
I turned vegan 2 weeks ago biggrin
I watched a video on how animals were treated in factories and that completely converted me from being a cannibalistic meat eater into a full fledge vegan. 4laugh

I don't need to crave for food I don't need biggrin

Wheezing Fatcat

I'm slowly weening myself away from meat. Red meat irritates my digestive system too much, and I don't have a taste for much but white meat chicken and occasionally white fish. I just have some qualms with big farming, so I'm trying to figure out how feasible it would be to grow part of my own produce or buy locally.

The real reason I wanted to post though was because
kyappa
...being a cannibalistic meat eater into a full fledged vegan. 4laugh

I think you know not what you mean by "cannibalistic"... At least I seriously, seriously hope not.

Hygienic Citizen

4,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
rofl
everyone thinks differently biggrin
personally When I think of meat I picture myself being sliced open chopped and cooked.
If animals are my friends I cannot eat them. heart

Shadowy Hunter

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Tipsy 100
I want to become vegan. I mainly eat vegetables as my main staple and have for the last two years. but I do enjoy chicken every now and again. and I love yogurt and granola. so I don't know if I can become a fully fledged vegan. but I'm going to try. does anyone have advice for my yogurt crave?
I would be vegan except for the fact I still eat fish and sushi from time to time, other than that I guess I could be considered a vegan.
Tranquil Fears
I want to become vegan. I mainly eat vegetables as my main staple and have for the last two years. but I do enjoy chicken every now and again. and I love yogurt and granola. so I don't know if I can become a fully fledged vegan. but I'm going to try. does anyone have advice for my yogurt crave?

There are vegan alternatives but you would have to get used to the taste I guess since it's not exactly the same as yoghurt made from dairy. c:
Oh and not that I'm vegan now but, veganism is not only about diet. You shouldn't use animal tested products for cleaning/hygiene/beauty etc. or wear leather, have leather furniture and so on. I won't even mention fur since it's a no brainer. Veganism is an ethical lifestyle, not a diet. c: But the road there can take a while since I guess it's a bit to learn and every step in the right direction is great! <3

I'm eating some vegetarian foods now a days since my boyfriend who I live with is a meat eater and also when eating out it's easier to find alternatives. Eating out used to be nothing but a pain for me because they never have vegan alternatives unless you go out for thai food for example. In the US you probably have way more vegan alternatives specially in california, LA is "heaven" for vegans as far as I heard. c:

Anyway.. my goal is to go back to a plant based diet again since I felt best on that diet. ^^
PhD Pipe Dream
I would be vegan except for the fact I still eat fish and sushi from time to time, other than that I guess I could be considered a vegan.

Have you treid veggie sushie? c: It's good actually! <3 Try it sometime.. ^^
I am for almost a year now I I love it !
Tussies
PhD Pipe Dream

Yeah, but I still really enjoy fish, haha.
PhD Pipe Dream
Tussies
PhD Pipe Dream

Yeah, but I still really enjoy fish, haha.

Yes I miss fish a lot it's always been my favorite "food". But I try to remind myself that I don't like eating dead creatures that wanted to live and probably suffered a painful death and also reminding myself of the environmental effecs of fishing. But yeah I miss fish, specially smoked fish and shrimps/lobster. So I understand that it's hard to give up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff