Take it?

Yes 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 2 ]
No 0.5 50.0% [ 3 ]
Maybe (pls explain) 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 6 ]
This poll closed on March 19, 2015.
No longer accepting new votes.

hotdo999's One That Got Away

Alright peeps. Advice here. I went to the Doctor's one day, and was told to take multivitamins in addition to Vitamin D. She said females my age (20s+) take multivitamins, and it's been "proven" that it has help them out (how, I have no idea). That being said, I had been taking Centrum Multivitamins for the ladies, as well as COD Liver Oil (when I feel I'm coming down with some sort of sickness, mostly during times of stress, because I assume it helps with immunity) + Vit D (when I haven't gone out). As you can note, I pretty much don't take these meds on a daily basis, except for Centrum (until recently).

I'm a generally healthy person, well, I'll have to see my results in a bit, aha. I don't really get sick often -- really, the last time I did, I was 12 yrs old. I don't take any antibiotics since I don't really get headaches or injuries that I need it to that point. I don't partake in any supplements when I work out, just eat a decently healthy meal after. I tend to get all the vitamins I need a day, and when I use my Fitnesspal and put in Centrum as part of my intake; I seem to be "overdosing" on all my vitamins. I get quite paranoid using any medications/drugs. My friend, who is also taking Nursing with me, told me I shouldn't take multivitamins and just ones that I specifically am low on (which really, isn't any). IDK if I should follow my Dr, or myself & my friend.

Should I continue taking these vitamins? Or should I stop completely? Orrr, am I allowed to take them on/off, only using them when I haven't really eaten and gotten my needed daily intake?

Thanks in advanced~!
i am not a fan of vitamins, i had the pleasure of taking a genetics class and my teacher studied and did many different things (nursing,navy,professor,researcher,high school teacher, epidimeology, and nutrition aide) he always told the class to never take vitamins/supplements because although they pull out the benefiting factors of something and shove it in a pill it does not work. He said the only way to get the best vitamins and not dead ones were to find foods that has it, cook it, and then eat it. But you can do what you please! Just sharing what my teachers opinion on them were.

Ooluv_ajewOo
i am not a fan of vitamins, i had the pleasure of taking a genetics class and my teacher studied and did many different things (nursing,navy,professor,researcher,high school teacher, epidimeology, and nutrition aide) he always told the class to never take vitamins/supplements because although they pull out the benefiting factors of something and shove it in a pill it does not work. He said the only way to get the best vitamins and not dead ones were to find foods that has it, cook it, and then eat it. But you can do what you please! Just sharing what my teachers opinion on them were.
Ofc! I appreciate the opinion of others! I'm starting to think this Doctor of mine is a quack lol I don't understand why I needed the Vitamins when I'm perfectly fine with my intakes =w=; Thank you for the advice <3

I'd like to see someone who would agree with my Doctor in taking the multivitamins and do some convincing with me 3nodding
I would love to hear it too

Ooluv_ajewOo
I would love to hear it too
Ofc! Once I find out, I'll keep you updated!
thanks so much! blaugh

Original Gaian

You don't really need it. If you focus on eating normally you will get all the necessary vitamins and minerals from your diet. The only thing you might be lacking is omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, depending on what you eat.

A lot of the doctors get payed by the companies to recommend these harmless, but useless products. They are mostly useful for specific groups, like pregnant women, postmenopausal women, people with different diseases (GI problems, liver diseases etc) or vegetarians. This marked is big and a lot of money is also put into commercials on tv and internet/newspaper ads where they tell you to take "this" product for better hair/nails/skin/liver/younameit!

TENNO HEIKA
You don't really need it. If you focus on eating normally you will get all the necessary vitamins and minerals from your diet. The only thing you might be lacking is omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, depending on what you eat.

A lot of the doctors get payed by the companies to recommend these harmless, but useless products. They are mostly useful for specific groups, like pregnant women, postmenopausal women, people with different diseases (GI problems, liver diseases etc) or vegetarians. This marked is big and a lot of money is also put into commercials on tv and internet/newspaper ads where they tell you to take "this" product for better hair/nails/skin/liver/younameit!
Oooh, thanks! Yes that's what I thought! I eat meat, and I believe my fam tries to eat seafood at least once a week.

Oh wow I didn't know that part, but I appreciate it for letting me know! Luckily Centrum was on sale. But I think I'll keep taking COD Liver Oil for whenever I'm stressed, or don't feel good. It seems to help me, or at least, if that's placebo working on me rofl

Thanks again!

Wealthy Noob

6,400 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PEEXIE
Alright peeps. Advice here. I went to the Doctor's one day, and was told to take multivitamins in addition to Vitamin D. She said females my age (20s+) take multivitamins, and it's been "proven" that it has help them out (how, I have no idea). That being said, I had been taking Centrum Multivitamins for the ladies, as well as COD Liver Oil (when I feel I'm coming down with some sort of sickness, mostly during times of stress, because I assume it helps with immunity) + Vit D (when I haven't gone out). As you can note, I pretty much don't take these meds on a daily basis, except for Centrum (until recently).

I'm a generally healthy person, well, I'll have to see my results in a bit, aha. I don't really get sick often -- really, the last time I did, I was 12 yrs old. I don't take any antibiotics since I don't really get headaches or injuries that I need it to that point. I don't partake in any supplements when I work out, just eat a decently healthy meal after. I tend to get all the vitamins I need a day, and when I use my Fitnesspal and put in Centrum as part of my intake; I seem to be "overdosing" on all my vitamins. I get quite paranoid using any medications/drugs. My friend, who is also taking Nursing with me, told me I shouldn't take multivitamins and just ones that I specifically am low on (which really, isn't any). IDK if I should follow my Dr, or myself & my friend.

Should I continue taking these vitamins? Or should I stop completely? Orrr, am I allowed to take them on/off, only using them when I haven't really eaten and gotten my needed daily intake?

Thanks in advanced~!

Im not totally against or for vitamins, I just think if you eat healthy and have a bit of everything from the food pyramid, you're good. Now for the days where you just want Mcdonalds and soda, then pop a vitamin. Your body digests food vitamins better than when its given in pill form, so the best option is to eat healthy, but when you cant, take a vitamin.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff