Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Friend

For the record, whenever I got angry in the past, its quick and I can calm down between 15-45 minutes. No headaches. Even near my monthly when I'm angry I've never had headaches like this in the past whatsoever. Currently I'm on no medication. 20 years old, 21 in a couple months.

This past week I have been angry twice. Each time i get these minor tension/all over headaches that last for hours if not a full day and by hours I mean 8 or more at the least. The headaches feel like the similar pain when you get germ-x in a cut after the initial pain, as it starts to calm down, that same lingering pain gets me. Feels like someone put a cayenne/salt rub on my brain. Feels really warm and minor, but lingering. (Yes, I suck at explaining details, always have, so sorry if I confuse you guys on the pain description).

Anyways, it is near the time of my monthly. I am aware it could be the rush and changes of hormones as that could be it. Could even be diet and water intake too. Maybe it could even be a combination of it all. Who knows? Even with those issues I've had, its never resulted in headaches that last this long.

Does anyone have any ideas, exercises, herbal teas suggestions, or more that would be able to help? I plan on doing stress relief things to tone down my anger so it doesn't happen as much as well as eat more healthy stuff and boost my water intake for sure.

Any temporary fixes that would help as well as long term suggestions would be appreciated. I don't want to take advil or Tylenol unless it gets worse. Its more of a last minute option for me if necessary. I'm looking for natura remedies like foods and teas. Tried eating a banana not too long ago.

Also, don't worry, I'm not freaking out, I am pretty calm and staying calm despite the pain. Even distracting myself with other activities. Just looking for any feedback when it comes to aid me. Thanks guys!
Could be any of those things, a combination or something else. When you get angry, do you tense up? Do things differently? Be aware of your body. Emotions are a physical thing. You feel them and react to them. Tensing muscles up, not breathing in enough, even scowling for too long could cause a headache. If you find yourself tensing up, try simple breathing exercises. Breathing in and out deeply and slowly. And focus on relaxing all the muscles in your body. Try some meditation basically. It can help ease your anger and any oncoming headaches. Give yourself an outlet for your anger. If you draw, write, make videos, listen to music, go for a walk, or whatever you like doing, it might help.

If you have a reason other than hormones, for your anger, look into trying to find a way to ease whatever is making you so angry. Like if it's family problems, maybe look into different ways of reacting to them because that tends to make them react different too and can solve some issues. That's just an example. You might have learned from family if your family has anger issues or a parent or anything, that might be how you've learned to cope with things. Then I'd suggest finding better coping techniques. I hope your headaches ease up!

Shameless Noob

5,250 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Tension headaches. As we get older, we are faced with new stressors and it can take some time to get a handle on it and adjust.

Just make sure you decompress every day, exercise a bit, and remember what's really important... and occasionally take an ibuprofin. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff