Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100
just had some questions/ wanted some opinions.
personally i love working out on the elliptical for at least 20 mins 2/week (i have a busy schedule), but now im also enjoying the bike. what do others find best for them and their body parts?

i guess i should say im interested in slimming down and toning up my big fat thighs and jiggly belly.

thanks in advance!
I've researched which piece of exercise equipment out of those three was the best, and in terms of losing weight, the treadmill seemed to win since it involved using the entire body, where as you sit on an exercise bike.

Aside from that, it seems that a treadmill can cause more knee and joint damage, and what I read mentioned that the exercise bike was best in the long run. Although the elliptical was more fluid with the legs and didn't cause the same type of wear and tear that a treadmill might. I guess it depends on what a person is interested in.

A treadmill would probably best suit a jogger, an exercise bike a cyclist, and an elliptical... well I'm not sure, since it seems like the exercise machine that's in between exercise bike and treadmill.

Timid Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Kingstonalloy
I've researched which piece of exercise equipment out of those three was the best, and in terms of losing weight, the treadmill seemed to win since it involved using the entire body, where as you sit on an exercise bike.

Aside from that, it seems that a treadmill can cause more knee and joint damage, and what I read mentioned that the exercise bike was best in the long run. Although the elliptical was more fluid with the legs and didn't cause the same type of wear and tear that a treadmill might. I guess it depends on what a person is interested in.

A treadmill would probably best suit a jogger, an exercise bike a cyclist, and an elliptical... well I'm not sure, since it seems like the exercise machine that's in between exercise bike and treadmill.

thanks for the insightful view. ive always wanted to run on a treadmill more but my ankles are crap and i tend to get injured so thats why i moved to the ellipitcal. ive heard the bike is good for thigh managment so that's what i was thinking of using for a little bit. but thanks for confirming what i was thinkign

Dapper Gaian

if you want the fastest cardio to slim pretty much your whole body try swimming. If you know how to swim that is (learning can be hard and time consuming and would take you away from your cardio goal unless it's something you really want to do). Swimming is great for slimming your legs and tummy, and also burns the most calories per hour than any other cardio and is easy on the joints

Invisible Loiterer

elliptical, increase resistance gradually approx 30 min, be aware of heart rate.
here's an awesome eliptical workout...

Timid Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100
phoenomenal
if you want the fastest cardio to slim pretty much your whole body try swimming. If you know how to swim that is (learning can be hard and time consuming and would take you away from your cardio goal unless it's something you really want to do). Swimming is great for slimming your legs and tummy, and also burns the most calories per hour than any other cardio and is easy on the joints
i do know how to swim so i guess that could be something i could try. the one thing is that if i have to dry my hair and carry wet clothes with me all day thats a bit of a hassle

Timid Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100
[airelav]
elliptical, increase resistance gradually approx 30 min, be aware of heart rate.
i'll have to increase more resistance into my workout!! smile

Timid Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100
gootoo7
here's an awesome eliptical workout...

wow seems really intense but i might be able to pull that off! do you personally do this workout?
Do I do this workout?

Yes I have but it took me about 2 weeks to complete the whole thing

ANd YES - IT WORKS. been doing it about 3 times a week now for 8 weeks and lost 20 pounds

Timid Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100
gootoo7
Do I do this workout?

Yes I have but it took me about 2 weeks to complete the whole thing

ANd YES - IT WORKS. been doing it about 3 times a week now for 8 weeks and lost 20 pounds

wow! i will be trying that out at the gym, except since i have a shorter time tomorrow i'll probably do like 8 mis of his workout.
btw, congrats on the weight loss smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces