Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Capitalist

I've already started to lose weight but I figured I was still early enough into it to start a tracking thread! I'm approx 5'4" - 5'5" and my goal weight is 120 - 115 lbs.

Current Progress:

August Starting Weight - 175
Total Weight loss in August - 10 lbs.
August Ending Weight - 165

September Starting Weight - 165
Total Weight loss in September - 8 lbs.
September Ending Weight - 157

Current Weight - 153 lbs.

Milestones
20 pounds down - October 4, 2013

Wealthy Capitalist

Meals for September 25, 2013
Drinks: Just water
Breakfast:Raspberries sprinkled with flax seed, 1 banana
Snack: 1 banana
Lunch: Brown rice with vinegar and mixed veggies on the side
Dinner: Nothing

Wealthy Capitalist

Meals for September 26, 2013
Drinks: Water
Breakfast: Blueberries and Raspberries sprinkled with ground flaxseed
Lunch: Spinach salad with red pepper, snap peas and cucumbers
Dinner: Romaine salad with tomato, snap peas, cucumber and red pepper.

Wealthy Capitalist

I haven't been on my computer much but have been continuing the healthy eating, and the results speak for themselves! Celebrating 20 pounds lost with a "day off"!

Wealthy Capitalist

Meals for October 5, 2013
Breakfast: Blueberries and raspberries sprinkled with flax seed
Lunch:
Dinner:

Fashionable Genius

Judging on your meals, it looks like you're doing okay. You get your fruits and vegetables and water but you're missing out on your protein. You should eat some meat for dinner with veggies. Vegetables and fruit contain very little calories and remember you should have at least 1500 to avoid starvation mode.

Wealthy Capitalist

Von Diita
Judging on your meals, it looks like you're doing okay. You get your fruits and vegetables and water but you're missing out on your protein. You should eat some meat for dinner with veggies. Vegetables and fruit contain very little calories and remember you should have at least 1500 to avoid starvation mode.

Please don't tell me what to eat. Thanks.

Wealthy Capitalist

Meals for October 7, 2013
Breakfast: Banana
Lunch: Grapes and raspberries with kale on the side
Dinner:

Diamond Regular

Earl the hobo
Von Diita

She wasn't telling you what to eat to be snarky. Your body needs certain things, including protein.

Wealthy Capitalist

Golden Teaspoon
Earl the hobo
Von Diita

She wasn't telling you what to eat to be snarky. Your body needs certain things, including protein.

Let me lay down some facts for you then:

What has more protein, 100 calories of steak, or 100 calories of broccoli?

Broccoli!

I don't eat meat because:

a) It's nutritionally bankrupt and is a source of saturated fat, cholesterol and is carcinogenic;
b) Mass-produced factory farmed animals are treated like s**t and murdered so the meat and dairy industries can make profits. Animals aren't products, they're living things.

Diamond Regular

Earl the hobo
Golden Teaspoon
Earl the hobo
Von Diita

Broccoli!

a) It's nutritionally bankrupt and is a source of saturated fat, cholesterol and is carcinogenic;
b) Mass-produced factory farmed animals are treated like s**t and murdered so the meat and dairy industries can make profits. Animals aren't products, they're living things.

Oh no. I didn't realize she'd said meat. For that I'm sorry. I meant in terms of Hemp seeds have 11g of vs. Flax seeds having about 4g. Navy beans and peas are also high protein.

Wealthy Capitalist

Golden Teaspoon
Earl the hobo
Golden Teaspoon
Earl the hobo
Von Diita

Broccoli!

Oh no. I didn't realize she'd said meat. For that I'm sorry. I meant in terms of Hemp seeds have 11g of vs. Flax seeds having about 4g. Navy beans and peas are also high protein.

Ah no worries then! Are you vegetarian by chance?
Earl the hobo

Broccoli!

You should probably mention in your first post that you are on a vegan diet. That way it'll prevent any suggestions of meat by other people who don't know what foods you're purposely trying to avoid.
But good job on your progress. I hear vegan diets do a lot for people who benefit from it. I for one still prefer to have both meat and plants.

Diamond Regular

Earl the hobo
Golden Teaspoon

Not at this point, but I buy local meats when I do. 95% of my meat diet is chicken. Haha.

But I may eventually make the change. How long have you been Vegitarian?

Wealthy Capitalist

Golden Teaspoon
Earl the hobo
Golden Teaspoon

Not at this point, but I buy local meats when I do. 95% of my meat diet is chicken. Haha.

But I may eventually make the change. How long have you been Vegitarian?

Officially since December but I can't tell you the last time I ate pork. So it was an easy transition for me. Are you wanting to transition to becoming vegetarian or vegan?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff