Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tycoon

throwawaysnail
I had a similar problem where I was having very irregular periods. Had it for a week, went a week without, and then had it again with heavy bleeding for two weeks straight. Then went 6 months without one. My doctor was concerned that I was developing polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and put me on a combination BC pill to regulate my hormones. I have had regular cycles since then with almost no cramping or GI upset like I was having before.

Have you noticed any weight gain, excessive growth of body hair, or worsening of acne? These are symptoms of PCOS in conjunction with the irregular cycle. Regardless, you should talk to your PCP or GYN about the symptoms you are experiencing!

Thank you!
I actually set up an appointment with my doctor.
SO hopefully itll be resolved soon~

Aside from severe cramping, and clotting, i haven't had any weird stuff happening.
Everythings been pretty normal, aside from me having to eat quite a bit to combat the possible anemia. gonk
make me a sandwich plz
HelloBarbieLetsGoParty
I'm an OB/GYN student, so feel free to message me if you have any questions.
I personally would advise against Depo. It has many side effects with increased risks if you're reproductive system isn't in good shape.

I'd recommend asking your gyno about Generess Fe. It has 25 active pills, and 3 inactive. Your period would be very light, and the pills also contain iron which is great for uterine health.

It could also all be diet related. Like I said, message me and we can go over your diet/sleep habits!

Thank you so so much!
I actually made an appointment to see my Doc for Depo,
I've never heard of Generess Fe. It looks way safer!

Do you by any chance know if it has any negative side effects or how long its been out? surprised

Generess is fairly new to the pharmaceutical market in the whole scheme of things, but far from ineffective.

Oral contraceptives are very specialized and personal. What works for me may not work for you. That's why there's a wide variety of estrogen/progesterone ratios out there.

I personally use Generess and love it. Sometimes, I don't get a period, and when I do I barely even notice it.

I have managed to maintain, not gain, any weight while on it and I'm not pregnant. Everything is functioning as it should, from what I can see.

Every medication has side effects. Nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, head aches, spotting, etc. It takes three months for your system to be regulated and adapt to the hormone dosage, so everything might be a little funky at first. Unless something crazy happens, tough it out and see how it works for you after that 90 day mark!
make me a sandwich plz

oh good (: i know having weird, crampy periods is particularly unpleasant so i am hoping that everything works out well for you!

Eloquent Explorer

10,250 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
I had something similar and was prescribed birth control which helped tremendously

Sexy Demigod

24,890 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The best thing i could suggest is being put on the Pill first, the one im on is called mercelon (something like that) if that doesnt help then go on to have it stopped, have you had anything like an ultra sound on your stomach to check for anything on your ovaries? it might be something on there causing a problem, esp if you have pain when you are due/are on.
I don't know for sure what could be causing your period to be irregular like that(some people are just like that though), your best bet to solving your problem though would be to start on some form of birth control. The pill, the patch(ortho evra) and NuvaRing are really good for regulating your cycle so that your period comes every month, once a month as long as you aren't pregnant. If you want to eliminate you period all together, the Mirena or Skyla IUDs have been known to drastically reduce or even eliminate you period all together. Nexaplanon and Implanon(the implant) have been known to stop periods as well, though there is also a risk of having a prolonged period after insertion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff