Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Fairy

So you want to be toned and not muscular?
Don't just lift weights then. Do more all over work outs. Lifting weights is ok if you aren't just working one muscle, try doing a range of different lifting positions.

Also, yoga is a great toning exercise.

Sugar's Stud

Mega Trash

If you don't want to be muscular, try lighter weights with less reps. When doing calisthenics, don't add any extra weights. Yoga is also a good toner. And drink plenty of water. 3nodding

Hope all this helps.
Do the same weightlifting routine as men do.

You will not be muscular and look like a man unless you take Testosterone and other steroids, which are illegal. It's genetics.

And if you do start to develop too much muscle that you don't like, just lay off a bit on it. It takes YEARS to make the kind of gains you're afraid of getting.

I recommend push/pull/legs

push day: bench press, overhead press, skullcrushers (triceps)

pull day: weighted pull-ups or chin-ups, pendlay rows, bicep curls

leg day: squats, then do deadlifts after you finish squats, then other smaller leg accessory work like calf raises

I don't recommend too much accessory work until you get the basic compound lifts down.

You can work out 3 times a week or 6 times a week, your choice. Just make sure one of your days are heavy and one of your days are light. I find it difficult to go heavy twice a week when I'm doing a 6 day PPL split.
Sounds to me like you'd enjoy a hula hoop.

Cardiovascular exercise, fun, tones the arms. great exercise for the abdomen without doing crunches and sit ups. Stretching a little beforehand is recommended and they are easy to make.

Dapper Codger

Dred_VS

You will not be muscular and look like a man unless you take Testosterone and other steroids, which are illegal. It's genetics.

And if you do start to develop too much muscle that you don't like, just lay off a bit on it. It takes YEARS to make the kind of gains you're afraid of getting.

leg day: squats, then do deadlifts after you finish squats, then other smaller leg accessory work like calf raises

I don't recommend too much accessory work until you get the basic compound lifts down.

You can work out 3 times a week or 6 times a week, your choice. Just make sure one of your days are heavy and one of your days are light. I find it difficult to go heavy twice a week when I'm doing a 6 day PPL split.

ALL OF THIS.

Except that maybe do full body 3x a week with compound lifts, or do an Upper-Lower split with compounds for 4x a week. You don't want to burn yourself out quickly.

Trust me, as someone who's actually trying very, very hard to 'get bulky', it's pretty much impossible to achieve unless I'm on juice or I've been lifting for a really (x2) long time. I don't even look like I lift unless I flex really hard. Then I sort of look like I go to the gym sometimes, maybe. .____.

Also,
1-6 reps for strength
7-12 for muscle
12+ for endurance. So those squat challenges and similar 50-100+ rep work won't do you a lot of good when trying to gain muscle.

Eat at a surplus as well.

Newbie Noob

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
I thought you literally wanted tips but then noticed you weren't some delirious scrub who didn't understand subforums. So since I don't know anything about fitness and I'm a fat lazy slob, here.
User Image

Dapper Gekko

Dapper Ladykiller

F u j i b e r r y
Dred_VS

ALL OF THIS.

Except that maybe do full body 3x a week with compound lifts, or do an Upper-Lower split with compounds for 4x a week. You don't want to burn yourself out quickly.

Trust me, as someone who's actually trying very, very hard to 'get bulky', it's pretty much impossible to achieve unless I'm on juice or I've been lifting for a really (x2) long time. I don't even look like I lift unless I flex really hard. Then I sort of look like I go to the gym sometimes, maybe. .____.

Also,
1-6 reps for strength
7-12 for muscle
12+ for endurance. So those squat challenges and similar 50-100+ rep work won't do you a lot of good when trying to gain muscle.

Eat at a surplus as well.

All of this, again. Lifting heavy won't make you bulky- you don't have that much testosterone. It will only make you HOT

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff