Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profitable Genius

3,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Okay, I have a few tips for loosing weight. Okay.. one thing I do that most people don't is I drink a lot of tea and water. I also take chlorophyll, but that is because I am a smoker mostly, it speeds up metabolism, and if you also take cayenne pepper supplements it will also speed you up. I hope this helps.
Work out harder and longer, push yourself, if you just feel kinda tired and meh at the end of the workout then you need to work out harder, get your heart pumping, you wanna feel the pump, it feels like your legs are swollen from all that awesomeness

Thieving Sex Symbol

Protein, protein, protein.

And if you don't want to lose so much breast mass, tone up those muscles--pectoral exercises help with "perkiness" and such.
it's not for everyone and I cannot stress this more that you should most likely talk to your physician first but I did the Slow Carb Diet to slim down. It's a diet outlined in the Tim Ferriss book The 4 Hour Body and it works wonders. I am now in maintenance mode and have been doing it on again/off again since I lost the weight. But at my heaviest I weighed in at 260 lbs, I was 160 in HS. I've slimmed down to 175 since then and have kept it off with a regimen involving doing the diet again when I need to cut, living a more wholesome lifestyle with my food choices, and exercise.

I've done alot, been on Weigh Watchers, Jenny Craig, that Dan Marino diet... nothing worked like Slow Carb.

here's my before and after (sorry my after is pretty blurry... what can I say.. Vegas...)
User Image

here are some links to follow!
http://fourhourbody.com/
http://4hourpeople.com/

the best advice I can give you is to start... just start... it's always too late if you keep saying "Monday"

Also, set small/reachable goals... eventually those little goals will amount to one big goal.

Good Luck and stay Active... Get Lifted.

Tipsy Fatcat

HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training. Good stuff, but it will require a lot of diligence and determination from your part!
shefampyr
You have to eat less...even less than less....

In your meals look at what you usually eat and then put less on your plate and just eat smaller portions.

Eating less isn't really the smartest option...
If she begins to hit under 1200 cals, her body will likely go into starvation mode.
Sure, she'll lose weight, but the moment she can no longer handle dieting and keeping fit, those pounds will fly on fast and her weight will go higher than she was originally.

@OP
Just use myfitnesspal.
Track all your food there, set it to 1 1/2 pounds a week.
Enjoy your weight loss.

Remember, the primary things you need to concern yourself with are: Calories, Proteins and Fats.
Always make sure to meet the basics.

Tipsy Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
Right but if you exercise and still eat a bunch of junk you don't lose weight.

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Nyx12
I've tried squatting for 15 minutes, biking for 15 and I don't see any change. I did this for at least 5 days and I'm still the same weight. I try not to eat as full, because my doctor says this is more efficient to losing weight. So am I eating the wrong foods? I'm not sure how much carbs I am suppose to take in daily. I thought I can eat almost anything as long as I lose it while burning off my calories.

Also, if I do manage, will I lose my breast size? I do want it to be smaller and I am trying to lose the fat on my thighs.

Losing weight is 80% healthy eating, 20% exercise.
Thank you very much everyone, I'm sorry I didn't respond for a couple of days. And I'm sorry I can't respond to your individual comments.

Ok, so 15 minutes isn't enough it has to be 30 minutes and I need to eat more greens? I'm sure it won't matter if I eat a bagel in the morning and then exercise the afternoon, correct? And running is more effective than biking and squatting? And to some, I do want to lose my breast weight. Because I feel like it's too big even though it's a B cup.
Eat better foods. I do rarely any exercise, and I lost 20 pounds by completely changing my diet. I eat about the same or more calories than I used to, and I don't feel like crap anymore.
I wasn't trying to lose weight. I was trying to not feel sick all the time anymore.
Sensual Cat
shefampyr
You have to eat less...even less than less....

In your meals look at what you usually eat and then put less on your plate and just eat smaller portions.

Eating less isn't really the smartest option...
If she begins to hit under 1200 cals, her body will likely go into starvation mode.
Sure, she'll lose weight, but the moment she can no longer handle dieting and keeping fit, those pounds will fly on fast and her weight will go higher than she was originally.

plus you start getting nutrient deficiencies, which make it worse.
and 2000 calories of fresh fruits, vegetables, and meat is still better for you than 1000 calories of processed crap and bread.
Exercise everyday, like after you wake up do some simple exercises before going to bath. Drink carb trim or fit in right (it's actually delicious yet it can make you looses weight). Do some proper diet.

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Professor Blue
Well, there's two main issues. One, its takes longer than 5 days to lose weight. And the second, is you're not doing enough cardio.

While it depends on your body type, generally it takes 2 weeks to lose 2 to 5 lbs.

As for the cardio, I suggest doing intervals which is periodically switching either speed or resistance for each set.

The most important thing of all is diet. While it is important to cut down on unnecessary calories, not getting proper nutrition will hinder results.

Good luck, and have fun!

This this this and I can't stress this enough. Cardio cant eventually become useless unless you start doing intervals. Doing them not only raises your heartbeat, but the amount of calories your body will burn is significantly higher than standard cardio.

There are plenty of online guides and blogs on doing interval cardio workouts for beginners. And you really only have to do them 2 - 3 times a week (it's still recommended to do your standard cardio exercises at least 5 days a week.)

I know I didn't start really getting results until I started my sprints.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff