MegaTurkey
Helena_257
MegaTurkey
Helena_257

ahmed bah
Hi,
I think you need some professional orthopedics about this
Try the website below,
I always get 10+ answers from experts to my questions there.
They will give you professional ideas there.

https://www.likeplum.com/ask?aid=3321

Just thought I would let you know,

Seeking expert opinion online for a diagnosis will not help at all; it is dangerous and a waste of time, I would like to think any doctor online would turn a patient away in this case and encourage them to seek appropriate care in person.

The only way to determine what the issue is and how to address it correctly is to see a medical doctor whom can diagnose you by taking a history, physical examination and if indicated, diagnostic imaging. Without this process, even the very best, most senior doctor who just happens to be online cannot and should not be engaging in professional consultations; seeking care online is never appropriate, more so in this particular context.

Because you are not experiencing an acute trauma or medical emergency it wouldn't be appropriate to present to your local hospital's ED. Instead I would recommend seeking care at your nearest Urgent Care centre or by booking an appointment with your GP (family doctor) immediately. This is an issue that should be seen to promptly, not doing so can lead to many complications, including disability.

Best wishes for the future, get well soon!

Sources: medical student with a special interest in emergency medicine, trauma and orthopaedics

(Do excuse typos, I'm on my phone.)

I was advised to ice and wait a few days before I get the insurance card

Two questions:

How long has this been ongoing? /When did this problem start?

Who advised you exactly? Someone on the aforementioned website?

I had shin splints which took about a month to heal, now the area on my tibia has been bothering me for about a week, my parents were the ones advising me to wait